• 62(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-08-26, 11:59)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-08-25, 00:42)afremont Wrote: Don't celebrate yet. If the GUI is up (channel guide with video scaled down or with main menu showing, the audio plays fine, but the video falls behind. When I go back to full screen, the video races to catch up with the sound. As Spock would say, fascinating. Seems to work fine as long as video is full screen. This was when watching live TV. When the video catches back up, the skip count increases rapidly as the video is racing (this actually makes sense to me).

Any change with last night's version?

I just installed 0825 and I don't immediately see any difference. When live TV is in Channels "window" the video lags more and more. The same when the main menu is overlaying it. When back to full screen, the video races ahead and catches up with the sound. Seems pretty much the same as the previous version. Just out of curiosity what did you patch? I looked through the description of Milhouse's build and I couldn't spot anything. Are you not able to reproduce the problem with the large video clip I put on dropbox?

EDIT: I also get skipped frames when 1080i content is overlayed or in a window, but the audio stays in sync. The video just loses the smoothness that it normally has.
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
(2015-08-26, 13:31)afremont Wrote: Seems pretty much the same as the previous version. Just out of curiosity what did you patch? I looked through the description of Milhouse's build and I couldn't spot anything.

There is an extra newclock4 commit in last night's build, a third "fixup! [mmalcodec] refector the decoder flags logic to avoid stalls on seek" commit - my "new patch detection" script failed to detect this third commit as a new patch (ie. report it in the change log - it's definitely included in the build) because it's comparing commit descriptions and there were already two other commits with the same description in the previous build... I'll see if I can find a simple solution for that although it shouldn't be a common issue.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Guys, girls..
As of 4.18.0 the Milhouse builds don't install unless I enter the correct URL in configuration settings. I tried Milhouse.openelec.TV/builds/master/RPi2 only to see 'invalid custom url. If any of you can point me to the correct url...thanks a lot
(2015-08-26, 16:51)Bartmaniac Wrote: Guys, girls..
As of 4.18.0 the Milhouse builds don't install unless I enter the correct URL in configuration settings. I tried Milhouse.openelec.TV/builds/master/RPi2 only to see 'invalid custom url. If any of you can point me to the correct url...thanks a lot
Hmm I think I was a bit too fast to post.. It works
(2015-08-25, 12:44)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-08-25, 01:05)handbone Wrote: Hey popcornmix, was there anything in my debug log that would explain an issue with my Hifiberry and the default video player? (dvdplayer)

http://xbmclogs.com/pbgtsxxqi

You seem to be using omxplayer which doesn't support hifiberry. Make sure you haven't disabled MMAL in video/acceleration settings.
(leaving omxplayer enabled should be okay as long as MMAL is also enabled).

Feel silly not realizing that was still on. Thanks.

So audio now works through it, but still not on Passthrough (with compatible DTS/AC3 receiver). I'll get a log file as soon as I'm home
(2015-08-26, 13:31)afremont Wrote: I just installed 0825 and I don't immediately see any difference. When live TV is in Channels "window" the video lags more and more. The same when the main menu is overlaying it. When back to full screen, the video races ahead and catches up with the sound. Seems pretty much the same as the previous version. Just out of curiosity what did you patch? I looked through the description of Milhouse's build and I couldn't spot anything. Are you not able to reproduce the problem with the large video clip I put on dropbox?

EDIT: I also get skipped frames when 1080i content is overlayed or in a window, but the audio stays in sync. The video just loses the smoothness that it normally has.

Are you seeing sync problems when playing through video/file interface with OSD active? I'm not seeing a problem there.
Playing through the PVR channels window is harder for me to reproduce.
(2015-08-26, 16:51)Bartmaniac Wrote: Guys, girls..
If you're the links won't always work.
(2015-08-26, 21:37)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-08-26, 13:31)afremont Wrote: I just installed 0825 and I don't immediately see any difference. When live TV is in Channels "window" the video lags more and more. The same when the main menu is overlaying it. When back to full screen, the video races ahead and catches up with the sound. Seems pretty much the same as the previous version. Just out of curiosity what did you patch? I looked through the description of Milhouse's build and I couldn't spot anything. Are you not able to reproduce the problem with the large video clip I put on dropbox?

Are you seeing sync problems when playing through video/file interface with OSD active? I'm not seeing a problem there.
Playing through the PVR channels window is harder for me to reproduce.

Yes, the audio immediately drops out of sync as soon as I say hit the back button on the remote. Any GUI overlay seems to do it, except the transparent codec info screen. This is only with 720p material. I have resample audio enabled, I DONT have adjust refresh rate enabled. I'm still using the hdmi_clock_change_limit too. Limit GUI updates is set to 10 also.
New OpenELEC Jarvis build #0826: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.1.6 #1 Wed Aug 26 21:03:14 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Aug 23 2015 19:27:51
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 41b1f861989dc4d1bbe19a52361a248ae57ee82b (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150826210225-#0826-gc06668c [Build #0826]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001560.614: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (c06668c5, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (4342f599, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Kodi cosmetics
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [music] fix missing lyrics from tag when playing from musicdb url (PR:7887, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [win32] fix minimum required CMake version for generator expressions (PR:7890, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [pydocs] cosmetics (PR:7901, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-08-24, 14:57)doveman2 Wrote:
(2015-08-24, 12:11)doveman2 Wrote: OK, I tested with a programme on Ch5 SD with a ticker at the bottom, so any stutter was obvious. Checking with my TV's built-in tuner and there was no stutter.

I first tested with HDMI (audio and video) and OMX, then MMAL. With both the stutter was present.

Then I tested with composite video and analog audio, first with OMX, then MMAL. With both the stutter was present.

Then I tested with composite video and DAC+ audio, just with MMAL. The stutter was present. I timed it and it seemed to occur every 9-10s but occasionally it seemed to happen more frequently.

I shut down after each test, as I thought on rebooting it would gather the logs into a zip in the Logfiles folder but that doesn't seem to happen as the last one has a timestamp of 09:53 (really 10:53) and the one before that a timestamp of 08:28 and there was only a few minutes between my tests, so I don't have the logs for the first two sets of tests. I'm not sure how it's meant to work but with the ./kodi/temp/ folder not accessible via SMB it's a bit of a pain.

The last log I've uploaded here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1fDI89...sp=sharing

I'm recording the programme now and I'll report back whether it's the same when playing back the file.

I tested playback with just composite video and OMX & analog, OMX & DAC+, MMAL & analog, MMAL & DAC+, no acceleration & analog, no acceleration & DAC+ (I hope I've got those in the right order of testing!)

With OMX the playback was smooth. With the others the ticker stuttered regularly, as it did when I was watching LiveTV.

http://xbmclogs.com/ph8cvhjoc

I still have this issue (with LiveTV and playback of recordings) with #825. Is there anything more I can do to help you investigate?
I installed 0826 and did some more testing this morning. I only see the frame-skipping/audio-sync problem when I bring up the main menu on top of video or TV (WEATHER PICTURES TV VIDEOS MUSIC PROGRAMS SYSTEM) or put the TV in a window by bringing up the Channels list. The other OSD things don't seem to be an issue (codec info, zoom/stretch/Info). It only occurs with 720p material. As soon as i exit those menus, the video races ahead and catches up with the audio. Oh yeah, this is MPEG-2 if that matters.

It's not a show stopper since full screen is fine, just trying to help you perfect it. Smile

Thanks for all your work.
I will tried to be very accurate to find out what it seems to be a bug for me.

I run build #0821 with a clean .kodi folder.

When Kodi displays my music folders in folder view, Media Info, there are 2 behaviours as random when I key Enter on a folder: Or it open the context menu or it goes inside the folder. In previous builds only the second was done.

So I attach the log (not complete) where one can see the both behaviours.

See in the log:
At 11:13:47 635.353638 cursor is on the folder, I want to open it, I press Enter/Return. Context menu open.
At 11:14:00 648.869568 I press Back to close the Context menu, a sound is done but nothing change on the screen
At 11:14:06 654.856140 I press Back again and the Context menu closes

At 11:14:09 658.042114 cursor is on the same folder, I want to open it, I press Enter/Return. Context menu open.
At 11:14:15 663.657471 I press Back to close the Context menu, nothing change on the screen
At 11:14:17 666.036926 I press Back again and the Context menu closes
This happen the same 2 times again at 11:14:19 667.788513 and at 11:14:25 673.500671
Then
At 11:14:28 676.703247 only 1 Back need to be pressed to go back to the folder
Then
At 11:14:31 679.338928 when I press Enter, it goes inside the folder, what I expected from the beginning.

The same type of bug(?) happen when I want to play an audio file. I press Enter but the context menu open instead of start to play. After few back and Enter it start to play.

Question: What should be the correct behaviour?

Log file
http://sprunge.us/SLJF
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
(2015-08-27, 13:04)afremont Wrote: It's not a show stopper since full screen is fine, just trying to help you perfect it. Smile

I have added a patch that tries to detect these cases and discard every other frames when framerate is 50 or 60 fps.
Rendering the GUI is just too expensive to keep up with 50fps video. With the patch audio sync seems okay.

Enabling omxplayer is likely to work better for these cases as the rendering is handled by GPU.
I used to use OMXPlayer exclusively, but I've been trying to switch since I had the idea that's what you all wanted us to do. I used to not be able to use DVDPlayer at all, but it's gotten a LOT better at things. I just thought maybe there was a bug here. It doesn't seem to have any issues with 1080i and CPU usage doesn't go much over 10% even with the GUI up. Since my frame rate is 60Hz, it seems like it's stuck thinking that it's 50Hz when the GUI is up at it queues frames until it runs out of space, but %VSZ doesn't change in top. I guess it has a fixed sized buffer for holding delayed frames.
New OpenELEC Jarvis build #0827: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.1.6 #1 Thu Aug 27 21:04:47 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Aug 23 2015 19:27:51
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 41b1f861989dc4d1bbe19a52361a248ae57ee82b (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150827210358-#0827-gc06668c [Build #0827]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001578.501: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (c06668c5, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (443f692a, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Reduce framerate of high framerate videos when not running fullscreen
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [input] fix stack overflow in HasLongpressMapping (PR:7846, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. newclock4:
    • New commits in this build:
      • [mmalcodec] Reduce framerate of high framerate videos when not running fullscreen (4bffb04a)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • fixup! [mmalcodec] refector the decoder flags logic to avoid stalls on seek (259b70f5)
      • fixup! [mmalcodec] refector the decoder flags logic to avoid stalls on seek (47a7ae1b)
      • fixup! [mmalcodec] refector the decoder flags logic to avoid stalls on seek (890163fa)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: PR:7904: [videodb] Never clean empty TV shows if the path still exists.
  • 62(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10