• 86(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-09-22, 08:43)Leopold Wrote: I've noticed in the recent builds that 720p content is being switched to output in a 720p mode instead of the resolution of the gui. Is this a new feature of VideoPlayer to enable using the (presumably better) upscaling on the TV?

On my RPi2 this does not happen when using VDR backend and DVB-C USB tuner. I have a new clean install and i just change "Video -> Playback -> Adjust display refresh rate" to "always". But this also not happen when change back. Anyway this should only impact the refresh rate and not the resolution.
(2015-09-22, 08:43)Leopold Wrote: I've noticed in the recent builds that 720p content is being switched to output in a 720p mode instead of the resolution of the gui. Is this a new feature of VideoPlayer to enable using the (presumably better) upscaling on the TV?

I've tried playing a few 720p files and my TV has remained at 1080p, so I don't think this is a deliberate feature.
A debug log (wiki) may have some clues as to what is happening.
(2015-09-22, 18:24)popcornmix Wrote: I've tried playing a few 720p files and my TV has remained at 1080p, so I don't think this is a deliberate feature.

Same here on build #0921. Playing 720p content, the TV input remained at 1080p
(2015-09-22, 16:27)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-09-22, 16:20)SpuDy Wrote:
(2015-09-20, 05:58)SpuDy Wrote: Hello.
Since version 0916 when watching LiveTV after 2-3 seconds the picture is stuck audio is going on. (Pi2)

My Log from last build http://sprunge.us/HDVO

What was the first build with this issue? Can you get the same failure from a recording?

I Can also reproduce this issue.
also confirm 0915 is ok, 0916 and later is having the freeze issues after a few seconds.
I made 2 short recordings.
On live viewing both channels froze within a few seconds.

"Sportsday" (BBC News HD) froze at 4-5 seconds where you see the big artefacts that appear over 3/4s and remained frozen while watching however when viewing the recording, the issue does not occur.

"ITV News & Weather" (ITV HD) froze at 5 Seconds on while watching live. Also the recording freezes at the same point.

Both files playback fully in MPC-HC (Sportsday with artefacts)
(2015-09-22, 18:24)popcornmix Wrote:

I've tried playing a few 720p files and my TV has remained at 1080p, so I don't think this is a deliberate feature.
A debug log (wiki) may have some clues as to what is happening.
I assume this was a temporary glitch then. I did look at the log and could see that a 720p mode was selected, but the log has since been overwritten and I'm no longer getting output in 720p. I can't remember this ever happening before.
Leopold's Repository: Home of LibreELEC Dev Updater ...
...sorry german internet ....duplicate post
Hello,
thx to Milhouse - i have cleand my old repos who have making some Problems ( periodic refresh list @ high cpu) Cool

here is a debug list from one of my two Rpi2 (over HDMI)

http://xbmclogs.com/pihjy3fup

After cleaning my first Pi2 (with hifiberry soundcard) he is now running fine, i think - he only stop Video after 20 Minutes. Tongue

I have make an backup from this and put them to the second RPi2 (overHDMI).

But Second Pi stops Video, after some time also the Sound on playing VideoAddon...and nothing more.
CpuKodi is low, moderate settings, correct config.list on SD-Card after replay backup is correct.

What have i to do ? It is an AddOn Problem?

THX
Harald
(2015-09-22, 19:50)bagofcrap24 Wrote: I Can also reproduce this issue.
also confirm 0915 is ok, 0916 and later is having the freeze issues after a few seconds.
I made 2 short recordings.
On live viewing both channels froze within a few seconds.

"Sportsday" (BBC News HD) froze at 4-5 seconds where you see the big artefacts that appear over 3/4s and remained frozen while watching however when viewing the recording, the issue does not occur.

"ITV News & Weather" (ITV HD) froze at 5 Seconds on while watching live. Also the recording freezes at the same point.

Both files playback fully in MPC-HC (Sportsday with artefacts)

I can reproduce quite easily with the ITV clip, using either omx or mmal. Not had Sportsday freeze on me yet. My deinterlace settings are "Auto" and "Auto select", if that's relevant.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-09-22, 20:33)doldi Wrote: Hello,
thx to Milhouse - i have cleand my old repos who have making some Problems ( periodic refresh list @ high cpu) Cool

This problem should be fixed in tonight's build, also the directory listings being refreshed every 13-14 seconds (see PR8110 for details).

(2015-09-22, 20:33)doldi Wrote: I have make an backup from this and put them to the second RPi2 (overHDMI).

But Second Pi stops Video, after some time also the Sound on playing VideoAddon...and nothing more.
CpuKodi is low, moderate settings, correct config.list on SD-Card after replay backup is correct.

THX
Harald

Do you have a debug log from this second RPi2 that is having the problem? Maybe try again using tonight's #0922 build.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-09-22, 20:33)doldi Wrote: Hello,

here is a debug list from one of my two Rpi2 (over HDMI)

After cleaning my first Pi2 (with hifiberry soundcard) he is now running fine, i think - he only stop Video after 20 Minutes. Tongue

I have make an backup from this and put them to the second RPi2 (overHDMI).

THX
Harald

Yes, i have posted Big Grin
here is a debug list from one of my two Rpi2 (over HDMI) with problems after playing 2-3 MusikVideo from MTV:

...see only 7 warnings:
JSONRPC: Could not parse type "PVR.Details.Channel"
JSONRPC: Could not parse type "PVR.Details.ChannelGroup.Extended"
: JSONRPC: Could not parse type "GUI.Property.Value"
JSONRPC: Could not parse type "Setting.Details.SettingList"
CSkinInfo: failed to load skin settings
CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(script) in script://script.allinone/?content_type=video-banner.jpg ...and also on .png

ok, have seen an script problem wit AllInOne Addon - now deleted, we will see ;-)
(2015-09-22, 20:43)Milhouse Wrote: I can reproduce quite easily with the ITV clip, using either omx or mmal. Not had Sportsday freeze on me yet. My deinterlace settings are "Auto" and "Auto select", if that's relevant.

Sportsday clip only froze when watching live. It would not freeze at all when viewing the recording.
ITV freezes only on the pi. If I play using vlc or media player classic on windows 7 x64 it plays back fine.
zu früh gefreut = don't halloo till you're out of the wood!buffering

Kodi RPi with hifiberry soundcard have also problems after some restarts.

Here is the log of this device (from two - see above):

http://xbmclogs.com/pu8bwtkhf

Video stops (buffering /pause is to see on OSD) and stops complete.
New OpenELEC Jarvis build #0922: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.1.7 #1 Tue Sep 22 21:23:13 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Sep 21 2015 18:37:53
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 23c3761bbf28151037cdac4fa39d65cdfe369380 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150922212224-#0922-g131a0fb [Build #0922]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001717.110: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (131a0fb4, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (382696a5, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Fix for install from zip (PR8111)
  2. Fix for dead repositories spamming the log/high CPU load, and lists updating every 13-14 seconds (PR8110)
  3. Add CONFIG_BCM2835_SMI config option
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • Mrmc backports number 2 (PR:8030, 9 commits, 14 files changed)
    • [addons] fix zip install (PR:8111, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [cleanup] get rid of unused window allow overlay code (PR:8108, 1 commit, 11 files changed)
  2. pvr.hts:
    • Setting for Autorec start window behavior & settings rework (PR:97, 4 commits, 10 files changed)
    • Recordings: add support for episode name (aka subtitle) (PR:105, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  3. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • [OverlayRenderer] Fix memory leak of subtitles 2 (904706f3)
      • squash me, render vdpau (6a24b807)
      • fix position outside of video for text based subs (de0147a4)
      • squash with prev. (0699a020)
      • resolutions, squash me (c3f8b08a)
      • squash OnLost (e87d5b65)
      • mask fullscreen flag, squash refactor renermanager (d4ee54f9)
      • Revert "[addons] remove GetRepoForAddon and explicitly get the repo with the highest version" (0c265bd4)
  4. kernel 4.1.y_rebase:
    • New commits in this build:
      • Add SMI driver (08152264)
      • Add SMI NAND driver (fda45e53)
      • BCM270X_DT: Document SMI overlay (491ad52f)
      • dwc_otg: Force host mode to fix incorrect compute module boards (e18520ad)
      • config: Add CIFS_DFS_UPCALL, CIFS_ACL, CIFS_SMB2, CIFS_FSCACHE (06fa4108)
      • Use dts-dirs feature for overlays. (1ce910a9)
      • mt7601u: use correct ieee80211_rx variant (263f9f05)
      • mt7601u: fix tx status reporting contexts (5f0d4987)
      • mt7601u: lock out rx path and tx status reporting (95743b5c)
      • mt7601u: fix dma from stack address (5c564578)
      • backport: spi: bcm2835: BUG: fix wrong use of PAGE_MASK (44533175)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • spi: bcm2835: fixed compile issues due to embedded comments... replaced with #if to avoid issues in the future. (3c527383)
      • spi: bcm2835: Fix buld error from previous commit (54e2f266)
      • spi: bcm2835: set up spi-mode before asserting cs-gpio (06f3b6b1)
  5. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] a42433e5: mesa: Bump to version 11.0.0
    • Updated: [env] f407b769: Intel: Automatically switch to full range
    • Updated: [env] 54fd6472: kodi: Remove 175 ms delay of advancedsettings (x86 only)
    • Updated: [env] 147d730c: VAAPI: Enable EGL
    • Updated: [env] compare: Kodi 16 updates
    • Added: [env] patch: Add CONFIG_BCM2835_SMI option
    • Added: [pkg] PR:8110: addon repositories: fix last checked time not updating if not previously added
OK regarding the previously mentioned issue of live TV getting green pixelated patches and odd graphical glitches like seen in the test video for the other live TV problem.
It appears that is due to running the tvheadend server on the pi2 also.
I've just moved the server to it's own x86 machine and no longer seeing any graphical glitches at all.
Though the image freeze after a few seconds is still present.
If I recall correctly, fsck is run automatically on the rpi builds? If so, sdb1 never has issue, but sda1 always shows up in the log necessitating a manual fsck. Both are separate USB flash drives.

sda1
Code:
OpenELEC:~ # umount -f /dev/sda1
OpenELEC:~ # fsck -y /dev/sda1
fsck from util-linux 2.27
e2fsck 1.42.13 (17-May-2015)
64GB has been mounted 44 times without being checked, check forced.

sdb1
Code:
OpenELEC:~ # fsck -y /dev/sdb1
fsck from util-linux 2.27
e2fsck 1.42.13 (17-May-2015)
archive: clean, 26/1957888 files, 3453294/7819263 blocks
  • 86(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10