• 123(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-10-28, 00:01)popcornmix Wrote: Can you first add hdmi_force_hotplug=1 to config.txt (and reboot). Not expecting it to fix anything, but removes a variable in the following tests. [ADDED]

A couple more experiments may be interesting. If you play the 3D video and get a blank screen. Can you:
Power the TV off and on again.
Change AV input away and back with remote on TV
Power the receiver off an on again.
Change AV input away and back with remote on receiver.
Unplug and then replug hdmi cable from receiver to TV.
Unplug and then replug hdmi cable from Pi to receiver.
Unplug hdmi cable from Pi to receiver and directly connect it from Pi to TV.

Do any of those make the picture reappear? [On all tests nothing changes]

Can you also add "config_hdmi_boost=7" to config.txt (and reboot). [Added and after restart movies worked, will test after pi is some time turned off] If that doesn't help try "config_hdmi_boost=11". [WIll test sometime later if problems didnt solved]
I don't think that will help, but it's a simple thing to rule out. If it doesn't help you can remove it.

With omxplayer enabled I have better performance.
If it is disabled some movies didnt play smooth.
I hope not that this is the only solution to fix this if i do a fresh install i can start all over againConfused

(2015-10-28, 22:56)Jdiesel Wrote:
(2015-10-28, 21:31)Pienoet Wrote: Hi i'm running build 1026 on rpi2 everytime after reboot i loose my skinsettings.

The settings.xml in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/skin.aeon.nox.silvo is also empty.

Is this a bug on jarvis on rpi2?

Thanks!

I experienced this same issue a few weeks back. I never did take any logs or troubleshoot it but I can confirm that doing a clean install starting with the OE 5.95.5 disk image solved my problems.
What are the permissions of the settings.xml?

SSH in and run:

ls -l ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/skin.aeon.nox.silvo/settings.xml
(2015-10-28, 21:31)Pienoet Wrote: Hi i'm running build 1026 on rpi2 everytime after reboot i loose my skinsettings.

The settings.xml in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/skin.aeon.nox.silvo is also empty.

Thanks!

If the problem continues after a clean install, you'll need to enable debug log (wiki), shutdown in your normal way, then after booting (and no settings) upload /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.old.log for review.

PS. A "clean" install can be tested easily enough - rename .kodi to .kodi.bak with the command "mv .kodi .kodi.bak" in ssh, then test your shutdown process using stock Confluence. If that works, install Aeon Nox and reproduce the problem, uploading kodi.old.log as described. Once you're done testing, "rm -fr .kodi; mv .kodi.bak .kodi" to restore your old setup.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks i will try this en report back later.

(2015-10-28, 23:32)Milhouse Wrote:

Thanks!

If the problem continues after a clean install, you'll need to enable debug log (wiki), shutdown in your normal way, then after booting (and no settings) upload /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.old.log for review.

PS. A "clean" install can be tested easily enough - rename .kodi to .kodi.bak with the command "mv .kodi .kodi.bak" in ssh, then test your shutdown process using stock Confluence. If that works, install Aeon Nox and reproduce the problem, uploading kodi.old.log as described. Once you're done testing, "rm -fr .kodi; mv .kodi.bak .kodi" to restore your old setup.
Hi, I got blackscreen right after a specific 3D film is selected for play. Strange is that I encounter the same issue with 2 different releases of this movie fim. After few frames Kodi switches to black screen and the only thing which helps is to unplug the power cable from Pi2. You can find the logfile here.
New OpenELEC Jarvis build #1028b: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.1.11 #1 Wed Oct 28 22:09:26 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Oct 28 2015 17:09:22
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 59bc901a1cda9d52ee6fc7df2b0d74fc3a85cca8 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20151028220833-#1028b-g0847aae [Build #1028b]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001690.478: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (0847aaec, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (b5aa69a4, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware
  2. VideoPlayer updates
  3. Mistakenly bumped the build code - there is no #1028 build today, only #1028b...
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Oct 28):
    • firmware: hdmi: flush current pixel clock adjustment on hdmi pixel clock change. See: link
    • firmware: memtest: Return info on which data/address bit failed
    • firmware: audioserv: Bump peer version and allow setting of channelmap. See: link
  2. XBMC:
    • [gitignore] More android artifacts (PR:8312, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [PVR, guiinfo] Some random Coverity fixes (PR:8311, 4 commits, 4 files changed)
    • [droid] update readme to recommend Ubuntu 14.04 (f8812f41)
  3. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • vdpau: advanced settings for auto deinterlacing (557134a3)
      • [stubs] Display requested message when stub files are used and no optical drive is present (3905629a)
      • squash: detect MVC iso from folder structure (c685dc46)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • VideoPlayer: Remove SetFileItem method. RTMP needs a different solution (f50ff5ae)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I just wanted to update real quick on something I just discovered.
(this is using Videodevil, an "adult" addon, but there is a support forum here on this site, so I assume it's not been blacklisted...)

Running Jarvis, Milhouse Build ~1024 I couldn't get any video's to play. Each and every one would give me an error about failing and to check the logs. I'm troubleshooting another issue with the Aeon MQ6 Skin, and as a solution I uninstalled that skin and went back to the default Confluence one. Now when I tried to play a video, it gave me a little more details in the popup warning. It said:

'module' object has no attribute 'PLAYER_CORE_DVDPLAYER'

Now I got that error on multiple streams from multiple sources in the Videodevil addon. As part of my troubleshooting Aeon, I downgraded from Jarvis to the latest official OpenELEC build which is running Isengard 15.2 RC. Just to see what would happen, I loaded up the Videodevil addon again, and this time it played fine. So I believe something in the Jarvis builds of Milhouse, the loading and/or configuring of the DVD Player is at fault. Hope this narrows something down. Since I got called into work today, I wasn't really able to troubleshoot this further and get you those logs I promised. Unless I'm called in tomorrow, I should have the entire day off (minus a few 20-30 minutes to do some shopping [it's my payday!]) to work on this.
Yes, these builds are based on VideoPlayer which is a future replacement for DVDPlayer. The addons you are using will need updating to be compatible with versions of Kodi that are now based on VideoPlayer. I guess I should make that clear in the first post.

Edit: Clarified in first post that these builds are VideoPlayer based and some add-ons will need updating.
I just started playing with Kodi and Raspberry Pi like 2-3 weeks ago. Even if you included a blurb about that, I wouldn't know what it meant! So if I understand correctly, the Milhouse builds of Jarvis do not include the DVDPlayer modules and are replaced with a better software. That's great. I'm glad we figured it out. Now comes the tricky part.. (again, remember I don't know much of anything!) Is it possible to manually add these modules back into Kodi as an addon, or are they a base level feature that need to be added before compiling the build altogether? If it flat out needs to be rebuilt - don't bother. I'll ask a different question.. Is it possible to go into a "failing" addon's script file and simply change where it calls for DVDPlayer to VideoPlayer?

If nothing else, I'm sure these will be fixed eventually once Jarvis is officially being released and not a bleeding edge daily build.

Now if I can just figure out what part of Jarvis is causing the Aeon MQ6 (v3.0.0) skin to not properly display OpenWeatherMap's icons I'd be happy! According to all the troubleshooting done, it's a problem with how the skin is working with Jarvis specifically on Raspberry Pi's. The skin works great in Android and Windows systems, and the earlier build of the skin works fine in Jarvis. So I think it might be something else that needs fixed. Not knowing much about programming, I really don't see a fix coming soon.
(2015-10-29, 06:00)hansolo77 Wrote: I just started playing with Kodi and Raspberry Pi like 2-3 weeks ago. Even if you included a blurb about that, I wouldn't know what it meant! So if I understand correctly, the Milhouse builds of Jarvis do not include the DVDPlayer modules and are replaced with a better software. That's great. I'm glad we figured it out. Now comes the tricky part.. (again, remember I don't know much of anything!) Is it possible to manually add these modules back into Kodi as an addon, or are they a base level feature that need to be added before compiling the build altogether? If it flat out needs to be rebuilt - don't bother. I'll ask a different question.. Is it possible to go into a "failing" addon's script file and simply change where it calls for DVDPlayer to VideoPlayer?

If nothing else, I'm sure these will be fixed eventually once Jarvis is officially being released and not a bleeding edge daily build.

Now if I can just figure out what part of Jarvis is causing the Aeon MQ6 (v3.0.0) skin to not properly display OpenWeatherMap's icons I'd be happy! According to all the troubleshooting done, it's a problem with how the skin is working with Jarvis specifically on Raspberry Pi's. The skin works great in Android and Windows systems, and the earlier build of the skin works fine in Jarvis. So I think it might be something else that needs fixed. Not knowing much about programming, I really don't see a fix coming soon.

These are test builds meant to help the developers identify and fix issues before an official release. Since this is an alpha version many addons and skins are broken. Many addon developers choose to only support official releases as development on alpha software like this progresses very quickly which causes things to break frequently. You can try asking for assistance on the addon thread, same goes for the skin.

If these addons are important you may be better off reverting to Isengard.
(2015-10-29, 06:00)hansolo77 Wrote: Is it possible to manually add these modules back into Kodi as an addon, or are they a base level feature that need to be added before compiling the build altogether? If it flat out needs to be rebuilt - don't bother.

No, absolutely not. This is a core change, which has a knock-on effect with Python as the Python API is built at compile time from the available components, hence the replacement of "PLAYER_CORE_DVDPLAYER" with "PLAYER_CORE_VideoPlayer".

(2015-10-29, 06:00)hansolo77 Wrote: I'll ask a different question.. Is it possible to go into a "failing" addon's script file and simply change where it calls for DVDPlayer to VideoPlayer?

Can't say for sure, but it's quite possible that will work.

(2015-10-29, 06:00)hansolo77 Wrote: If nothing else, I'm sure these will be fixed eventually once Jarvis is officially being released and not a bleeding edge daily build.

It's still a good opportunity for add-on developers to get ahead of the curve and be ready for when VideoPlayer starts showing up in more mainstream builds.

(2015-10-29, 06:00)hansolo77 Wrote: Now if I can just figure out what part of Jarvis is causing the Aeon MQ6 (v3.0.0) skin to not properly display OpenWeatherMap's icons I'd be happy! According to all the troubleshooting done, it's a problem with how the skin is working with Jarvis specifically on Raspberry Pi's. The skin works great in Android and Windows systems, and the earlier build of the skin works fine in Jarvis. So I think it might be something else that needs fixed. Not knowing much about programming, I really don't see a fix coming soon.

The usual approach would be to work back through the builds until you identify the first build that has the problem, allowing the specific change responsible for the new behaviour to be identified (hopefully).

PR8263 is OpenWeather related, and appeared in build #1020, so see how #1019 behaves.

PR8105 is also OpenWeather related, and appeared in build #1002.
I remember looking at the big rename diff and noticing PLAYER_CORE_DVDPLAYER being replace with PLAYER_CORE_VideoPlayer, so that part needs actual written code.
I believe it's just an overlooked grep and there was no intention to break existing add-ons. I think we should deprecate PLAYER_CORE_DVDPLAYER, but it should be added back and return the same value as PLAYER_CORE_VideoPlayer.
(Will look at it later today.)

Edit: Not saying that updating the add-on once VideoPlayer is merged is not an acceptable option, of course.
Wasn't sure about the swig stuff thought that was auto-generated but if both VideoPlayer and DVDPlayer can be supported in Python that would be great. Would be best to submit any PR to FernetMenta's master - thanks. (Although no guarantee he'll accept it - if not but it's small/unintrusive then maybe we can just cherry pick for the time being).
(2015-10-29, 06:38)menakite Wrote: I remember looking at the big rename diff and noticing PLAYER_CORE_DVDPLAYER being replace with PLAYER_CORE_VideoPlayer, so that part needs actual written code.
I believe it's just an overlooked grep and there was no intention to break existing add-ons. I think we should deprecate PLAYER_CORE_DVDPLAYER, but it should be added back and return the same value as PLAYER_CORE_VideoPlayer.
(Will look at it later today.)

Edit: Not saying that updating the add-on once VideoPlayer is merged is not an acceptable option, of course.
Not a single addon should ever dictate what player it uses. Period.
The option where an addon could dictate what player to use has been deprecated in pydocs for at least two versions or more.
Any addon doing this is wrong and they should fix it theirselves. So we should not introduce backwards compatibility because some plugin does something stupid. 99% of the other plugins just work
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 123(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10