• 124(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-10-29, 09:20)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-10-29, 06:38)menakite Wrote: I remember looking at the big rename diff and noticing PLAYER_CORE_DVDPLAYER being replace with PLAYER_CORE_VideoPlayer, so that part needs actual written code.
I believe it's just an overlooked grep and there was no intention to break existing add-ons. I think we should deprecate PLAYER_CORE_DVDPLAYER, but it should be added back and return the same value as PLAYER_CORE_VideoPlayer.
(Will look at it later today.)

Edit: Not saying that updating the add-on once VideoPlayer is merged is not an acceptable option, of course.
Not a single addon should ever dictate what player it uses. Period.
The option where an addon could dictate what player to use has been deprecated in pydocs for at least two versions or more.
Any addon doing this is wrong and they should fix it theirselves. So we should not introduce backwards compatibility because some plugin does something stupid. 99% of the other plugins just work
why didn't we simply drop this feature? AlTheKiller had a PR for that and it got voted down.
(2015-10-29, 11:10)da-anda Wrote:
(2015-10-29, 09:20)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-10-29, 06:38)menakite Wrote: I remember looking at the big rename diff and noticing PLAYER_CORE_DVDPLAYER being replace with PLAYER_CORE_VideoPlayer, so that part needs actual written code.
I believe it's just an overlooked grep and there was no intention to break existing add-ons. I think we should deprecate PLAYER_CORE_DVDPLAYER, but it should be added back and return the same value as PLAYER_CORE_VideoPlayer.
(Will look at it later today.)

Edit: Not saying that updating the add-on once VideoPlayer is merged is not an acceptable option, of course.
Not a single addon should ever dictate what player it uses. Period.
The option where an addon could dictate what player to use has been deprecated in pydocs for at least two versions or more.
Any addon doing this is wrong and they should fix it theirselves. So we should not introduce backwards compatibility because some plugin does something stupid. 99% of the other plugins just work
why didn't we simply drop this feature? AlTheKiller had a PR for that and it got voted down.

Some one didn't like the way it was done. So i just dropped it from API docs so at least every one stopped using it
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-10-29, 00:51)PpenoO Wrote: Hi, I got blackscreen right after a specific 3D film is selected for play. Strange is that I encounter the same issue with 2 different releases of this movie fim. After few frames Kodi switches to black screen and the only thing which helps is to unplug the power cable from Pi2. You can find the logfile here.
Have you enabled "use fullframe 3D modes" in video acceleration settings? Disable it and try again. If this is your issue, then your TV doesn't support this mode in your GUI refresh rate. Try switching the GUI refresh rate to 24Hz, enable fullframe 3D and try again. AFAIK this is a bug that needs a fix (-> don't use GUI fps on 3D modes but movie fps). Popcornmix already knows about it as we tackled the issue down me testing different combinations.
(2015-10-29, 11:12)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-10-29, 11:10)da-anda Wrote: why didn't we simply drop this feature? AlTheKiller had a PR for that and it got voted down.
Some one didn't like the way it was done. So i just dropped it from API docs so at least every one stopped using it
Should we give it another try? We might need a way to tell that a certain video should be played to a UPNP renderer instead of local renderer, but that should be a different feature. Something like kodi.getAvailableRenderers() and kodi.play(fileReference, rendererParamThatDefaultsToLocal) (note that this is just pseudo code, didn't check current pydocs)
Hi all and sorry for my bad english before anything. I installed a fresh helix 14.2 openelec version on my pi2, everything seems ok. So I put your last firmware tar file in the update openelec directory and reboot the pi2. But no update is available after the reboot and the tar file is always in the update directory.

Oh sorry i m a noobs i put it in the wrong openelec device......

Awesome works thanks a lot
(2015-10-29, 13:24)wolfy59 Wrote: Hi all and sorry for my bad english before anything. I installed a fresh helix 14.2 openelec version on my pi2, everything seems ok. So I put your last firmware tar file in the update openelec directory and reboot the pi2. But no update is available after the reboot and the tar file is always in the update directory.

You will not put the .tar file in update folder. You can use winrar to open the .tar file and then copy you KERNEL, KERNEL.md5, SYSTEM and SYSTEM.md5 files from targer folder to the update folder.
This is how you update openelec.
(2015-10-29, 19:57)zaRos Wrote:
(2015-10-29, 13:24)wolfy59 Wrote: Hi all and sorry for my bad english before anything. I installed a fresh helix 14.2 openelec version on my pi2, everything seems ok. So I put your last firmware tar file in the update openelec directory and reboot the pi2. But no update is available after the reboot and the tar file is always in the update directory.

You will not put the .tar file in update folder. You can use winrar to open the .tar file and then copy you KERNEL, KERNEL.md5, SYSTEM and SYSTEM.md5 files from targer folder to the update folder.
This is how you update openelec.

You shouldn't need to uncompress the archive anymore, Openelec will do this automatically.

My process for updating is to SSH into the Rpi and run these commands:

cd .update
wget "link to latest Millhouse Build" (For example: "wget http://milhouse.openelec.tv/builds/maste...847aae.tar")
reboot
(2015-10-29, 11:13)da-anda Wrote:
(2015-10-29, 00:51)PpenoO Wrote: Hi, I got blackscreen right after a specific 3D film is selected for play. Strange is that I encounter the same issue with 2 different releases of this movie fim. After few frames Kodi switches to black screen and the only thing which helps is to unplug the power cable from Pi2. You can find the logfile here.
Have you enabled "use fullframe 3D modes" in video acceleration settings? Disable it and try again. If this is your issue, then your TV doesn't support this mode in your GUI refresh rate. Try switching the GUI refresh rate to 24Hz, enable fullframe 3D and try again. AFAIK this is a bug that needs a fix (-> don't use GUI fps on 3D modes but movie fps). Popcornmix already knows about it as we tackled the issue down me testing different combinations.

I have a Sony KDL50-w828b and with Kodi 16.0 testbuilds I played many BD3D iso movies with fullframe 3D mode ON without problem. This is the first iso I'm getting black screen.

I switch off the fullframe mode but didn't change the GUI fps. Now Kodi plays this specific 3D movie without blackscreen. Thanks for your help.
I'm having trouble to set 3d mode to "same as movie" for any of my 3d-bluray ISOs. Whenever i chose "same as movie" in the 3d mode menu while playing a movie it automatically switches back to "side by side". "MVC decoding" and "hdmi fullframe" is enabled.

Any idea how to resolve this issue, because if i'm not wrong the "side by side" mode means that i only get a 720p reslution output, right?

Edit: Just did a "tvservice -s" and got the message: state 0x12000a [HDMI CEA (32) 3D FP RGB lim 16:9], 1920x1080 @ 23.98Hz, progressive

What's wrong here?
@popcornmix:

It seems that this both settings helped a lot "config_hdmi_boost=7"; "hdmi_force_hotplug=1".
I can now start the Pi and many times the movies works at first try.
If it doesnt work I only need to restart the Pi and then it works everytime.

I will try "config_hdmi_boost=11" to see a difference.

But what exactly is "config_hdmi_boost"?
New OpenELEC Jarvis build #1029: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.1.12 #1 Fri Oct 30 02:19:57 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Oct 28 2015 17:09:22
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 59bc901a1cda9d52ee6fc7df2b0d74fc3a85cca8 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20151030021906-#1029-gbe8e1e0 [Build #1029]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001708.347: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (be8e1e0d, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (4e7c25af, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock5 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-4.1.y_rebase
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled (new installs only) [patch details]
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Includes latest dcadec master (2a9186e3, ahead +34)
  • Includes latest kodi-platform master (45d6ad19, ahead +1)
  • Includes latest libcec master (2c675dac, ahead +31)
  • Includes latest libnfs master (dc8d8662, ahead +22)
  • Includes latest platform master (feafe68e, ahead +4)
  • Includes latest addons: adsp.basic (89015163), adsp.biquad.filters (1746fe46, +2), adsp.freesurround (f0c6bf00), asplib (df5c386d, +1), pvr.argustv (2bf67bb7), pvr.demo (659712a0), pvr.dvblink (4d718970), pvr.dvbviewer (0ca01b1a), pvr.filmon (bea2509b), pvr.hts (79dba3b5, +4), pvr.iptvsimple (953477b7), pvr.mediaportal.tvserver (0e12d06c), pvr.mythtv (e088636e, +9), pvr.nextpvr (b902321f, +3), pvr.njoy (cc2c4a69), pvr.pctv (1494bfc1), pvr.stalker (41fb7c42), pvr.vbox (e92c1236), pvr.vdr.vnsi (8e0d73fb), pvr.vuplus (9ff818a4), pvr.wmc (ec514227)
  • Exclude [env] kodi-999.22-PR8254.patch: Already using VideoPlayer version
  • Exclude [env] kodi-999.31-PR7916.patch: Merged upstream
  • Exclude [env] kodi-999.51-nonX11-mousewheel-support.patch: Merged upstream
  • Exclude [env] kodi-999.52-multitouch-support.patch: Merged upstream
  • Exclude [env] kodi-999.99-Allow_Dim_screensaver_to_animate_when_closing.patch: Merged upstream
  • Exclude [env] kodi-999.99-IMX-increase-render-buffers.patch: Conflict with newclock5/FernetMenta
  • Include [env] cec3c4f5: Intel: Passthrough Mode - little workaround
  • Include [env] fbaeb593: Intel: Implement Passthrough-Range
  • Include [env] 3cf87d45: Kodi: Use Limited Range by default
  • Include [env] 6ad7a2cd: VAAPI: Enable EGL
  • Include [env] 7f8f12f6: mesa: bump mesa to 11.0.4
  • Include [env] 13f0cff6: xf86-video-intel: Bump xf86-video-intel to ef859c807a4bfad7c8a01a1d63f354f3ef310db5
  • Include [env] 46a038e6: Intel: Automatically switch to full range
  • Include [env] 87eaaa2f: Python: update to Python-2.7.10
  • Include [env] 92db150e: systemd: update to systemd-227
  • Include [env] patch: Disable Realtek WiFi Power Save (RTL8192CU/RTL8192DU/RTL8812AU)
  • Include [env] patch: Add ffmpeg dependency and includes for HEVC optimisations
  • Include [env] patch: Enable pvr addons, disable pvr updates
  • Include [env] patch: Add experimental splash video
  • Include [env] PR:4378: RFC: Disable libaacs, causes GUI hangs on some BD ISOs
  • Include [env] PR:4384: Kodi 16.0 Jarvis
  • Include [env] PR:4398: Add amdgpu support
  • Revert [env] 9da7df25: Already disabled by systemd-227 bump
  • Include [pkg] PR:125: Fix for holding buttons on remotes of Philips TVs (libcec)
  • Include [pkg] PR:8254: FIX: Only handle 3D bitmap subs in TAB
  • Include [pkg] PR:8282: [python] Fixed getRegion dateshort format without leading zero
  • Include [pkg] PR:8306: [Fix]jsonrpc getting consistent song and album artist data - names, IDs and MusicbrainzIDs
  • Include [pkg] PR:8316: [python] demote pythons stdout to loglevel debug
  • Include [pkg] PR:8319: Lower "Thread start" logging level
  • Revert [pkg] linux-999.20-mt7601u-support.patch: Reverted as patching order conflicts with rpi-4.1.y commits - continue using rpi-4.1.y equivalent (linux)
  • Revert [pkg] PR:8277: ADD: [droid] surface rendering mediacodec (Reason: Needs newclock5/FernetMenta rebase)
  • Revert [pkg] PR:8278: [droid] fix crashing on addon installation (Reason: Needs newclock5/FernetMenta rebase)
  • Revert [pkg] PR:8280: [WinRenderer] Fix HQ scallers, to avoid unnecessary scaling at Stage1? (Reason: Needs newclock5/FernetMenta rebase)
  • Revert [pkg] PR:8285: [cleanup] remove karaoke support (Reason: Needs newclock5/FernetMenta rebase)
  • Revert [pkg] PR:8294: CHG: [droid] stop video when loosing focus (Reason: Needs newclock5/FernetMenta rebase)
  • Revert [pkg] PR:8302: [xcode] add xbmc/addons/include directory to project (exists for ages? (Reason: Needs newclock5/FernetMenta rebase)
  • Revert [pkg] PR:8309: [globals] remove macro XBMC_GLOBAL (Reason: Needs newclock5/FernetMenta rebase)
  • Revert [pkg] PR:8313: FIX: [droid;amcs] do not stop video when loosing main surface (Reason: Needs newclock5/FernetMenta rebase)
Build Highlights:
  1. New kernel 4.1.12
  2. Reduce Python and thread startup logging
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • [RBP] Drop mkknlimg, use version shipped with kernel (PR:4399, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • kodi: add patch to support keys on the rii mini i8+ (PR:4402, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • linux: update to linux-4.1.12 (dc54c260)
    • libnl: update to libnl-3.2.27 (499c3dd6)
    • xf86-input-evdev: update to xf86-input-evdev-2.10.0 (30f90e84)
    • xf86-input-libinput: update to xf86-input-libinput-0.15.0 (7dafa3cc)
    • xorg-server: update to xorg-server-1.17.4 (aba6e86d)
    • kodi: add support for KEY_MAIL (4a72228a)
    • kodi: add support for KEY_SEARCH (481609c5)
    • kodi: add support for KEY_FILE (4b5b4477)
    • kodi: add support for KEY_SELECT (f6dc1f24)
    • projects/WeTek_Play/patches/kodi: add some AML specific patches (be8e1e0d)
  2. XBMC:
    • Remove .idea folder which get's created from JetBrains CLion (PR:8314, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [guilib] fix togglebutton not properly resizing when using the altlabel (PR:8310, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • FIX: [droid;amcs] do not stop video when loosing main surface (PR:8313, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [make] silent ar compiler warnings (PR:8315, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [globals] remove macro XBMC_GLOBAL (PR:8309, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • [WinRenderer] Fix HQ scallers, to avoid unnecessary scaling at Stage1… (PR:8280, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
    • [confluence]fix 3D/subtitles menu alignment when VideoPlayer.HasMenu is not visible (PR:8308, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
  3. pvr.nextpvr:
    • Fixed bug that could occur with recording groups (PR:31, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] 13f0cff6: xf86-video-intel: Bump xf86-video-intel to ef859c807a4bfad7c8a01a1d63f354f3ef310db5
    • Added: [pkg] PR:8316: [python] demote pythons stdout to loglevel debug
    • Added: [pkg] PR:8319: Lower "Thread start" logging level
    • Reverted: [pkg] linux-999.20-mt7601u-support.patch: Reverted as patching order conflicts with rpi-4.1.y commits - continue using rpi-4.1.y equivalent (linux)
    • Reverted: [pkg] PR:8280: [WinRenderer] Fix HQ scallers, to avoid unnecessary scaling at Stage1? (Reason: Needs newclock5/FernetMenta rebase)
    • Reverted: [pkg] PR:8309: [globals] remove macro XBMC_GLOBAL (Reason: Needs newclock5/FernetMenta rebase)
    • Reverted: [pkg] PR:8313: FIX: [droid;amcs] do not stop video when loosing main surface (Reason: Needs newclock5/FernetMenta rebase)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
It Works like a charm thanks for your help zaRos and Jdiesel.
I have a little problème. When i watch a 3D iso blu-ray i have some green bars at the screen not all the movie but sometimes. I tried to do an mvc mkv of the same movie with makemkv and watched it. There s no more green bars.
(2015-10-30, 00:00)Kendos Wrote: @popcornmix:

It seems that this both settings helped a lot "config_hdmi_boost=7"; "hdmi_force_hotplug=1".
I can now start the Pi and many times the movies works at first try.
If it doesnt work I only need to restart the Pi and then it works everytime.

I will try "config_hdmi_boost=11" to see a difference.

But what exactly is "config_hdmi_boost"?

It increases the signal level of the HDMI output. Can be needed if not enough signal reaches the TV/receiver.
Might be caused by long or lossy cables. If 7 is working fine, then no need for 11.
So LiveTV question, may be Jarvis or MythTV and not PI related but...

I've noticed 2 odd things in the builds since around 10/16...

The first is that when deleting a recording which is the only one of a specific show, when it goes back to the show list the scrolling is messed up. It is like it is positioned off screen and moving up or down doesn't work as expected, I can't ever seem to get back to the top of the list and see it. If I exit out 1 level and then go back in under default, everything is fine.

The second is that sometimes after watching LiveTV, stopping and exiting back to the channel list, it starts back at the top of the channel list instead of on the channel I was on.

Has anyone else seen either behavior? I'd be glad to open a trac ticket but I was hoping to hear if anyone else is seeing similar with LiveTV in general or the MythTV plugin in particular.
New OpenELEC Jarvis build #1030: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.1.12 #1 Fri Oct 30 21:03:09 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Oct 28 2015 17:09:22
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 59bc901a1cda9d52ee6fc7df2b0d74fc3a85cca8 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20151030210217-#1030-gbe8e1e0 [Build #1030]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001692.075: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (be8e1e0d, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (8c374988, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New MusicDB schema v56
  2. Remove Karaoke support (PR8285 no longer reverted)
  3. Updated VideoPlayer commits
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • Keyboard layout: Czech QWERTZ (PR:8221, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [droid] Issues when playing file (via json) when minimized (PR:8321, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
  2. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • VideoPlayer: pass CFileItem to input stream (87a2c6fc)
      • [VideoPlayer] Support filename mangling for MVC files v2 (52820a74)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • [settings] Promote hideemptyseries to GUI setting. (331246ea)
      • vdpau: advanced settings for auto deinterlacing (557134a3)
      • [pvr] reset changed flag for channels after storing them to db (eb450451)
      • [Screensaver] Allow Dim screensaver to animate when closing (4e43857b)
      • switch libuuid implementation to e2fsprogs (70cdfed3)
      • crossguid: use libuuid on droid (b329bd2f)
      • [VideoPlayer] Support filename mangling for MVC files (847cc529)
      • squash: detect MVC iso from folder structure (c685dc46)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
  • 124(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10