• 130(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-11-05, 00:35)SB9x Wrote: i have noticed, when i put a tar update into the update folder, the rasperrys network performance is very poor under openelec.

Most probably your SD card write performance, assuming you are wired (with WiFi all bets are off).

You can test your network performance with iperf (install from the OpenELEC Unofficial Repository) - this is the best way to test your true network bandwidth as it eliminates all other variables.

If your network performance is particularly slow, or even dropping packets, then this could account for playback problems. Are you wired or WiFi? Test with wired, as WiFi problems are likely to be down to your router, dongle, neighbours etc. and not something relevant to this thread.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New OpenELEC Jarvis build #1104: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.3.0 #1 Wed Nov 4 21:51:25 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Nov  1 2015 14:49:52
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 8f1c8e72174c0415fd479c1c7be66b880fab3d79 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20151104215031-#1104-ge1c98c8 [Build #1104]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001693.820: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (e1c98c83, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (3b15e14f, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Minor fixes
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • videoplayer: fix detection of program change (PR:8340, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Disable compositing (PR:8344, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
  2. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • [pvr] Add progress bar with timeshift progress when timeshift is active (32e152fb)
      • AE: init sample pts (1d701d13)
    • Commits no longer in build:
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Anyone getting crashes and hung buffering after channel changes with latest tvheadend and build 1011 using videoplayer, but omxplayer is ok?
Katastrophentourist
(2015-11-04, 21:14)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-11-04, 20:27)gurabli Wrote: That's it, thanks! I have the mpeg2 license, just didn't enter it on the new sdcard install Smile

Btw, is overclocking still needed for mmal-advanced? If yes, what values?

No need. It will apply automatically.

OK, excellent.
I'm having some problems with the livetv, picture falls apart after some time, it looks to me that it happens when audio is synced to 0% error.It returns to fine after few seconds, then again. It doesn't happen always, just randomly. I can't give logs now, but will for sure provide them later when at home.

What are the recommended sync playback, refresh rate switch, audio resample (GPU accelerated?) settings?

Deinterlacing is amazing, it is basically like with my ION. The only difference I get is with some SD news channels, where text is scrolling at the bottom, there it is not as smooth as with ION. Interestingly, it is excellent on HD news channels. Should I post a sample TS file of that channel?
(2015-11-05, 09:40)gurabli Wrote: I'm having some problems with the livetv, picture falls apart after some time, it looks to me that it happens when audio is synced to 0% error.It returns to fine after few seconds, then again. It doesn't happen always, just randomly. I can't give logs now, but will for sure provide them later when at home.

What are the recommended sync playback, refresh rate switch, audio resample (GPU accelerated?) settings?

It's worth testing with omxplayer enabled/disabled (and MMAL enabled). While omxplayer disabled is generally recommended for Pi2, some demanding use cases (including 1080i60 with deinterlace) you may be better off with the lower cpu of omxplayer.

"Adjust refreah rate" should be enabled. "Sync playback to display" should be enabled.
"GPU accelerated" resampling is recommended for Pi1 but can be enabled or disabled for Pi2.

Quote:Deinterlacing is amazing, it is basically like with my ION. The only difference I get is with some SD news channels, where text is scrolling at the bottom, there it is not as smooth as with ION. Interestingly, it is excellent on HD news channels. Should I post a sample TS file of that channel?

Sure.
Quote:It's worth testing with omxplayer enabled/disabled (and MMAL enabled). While omxplayer disabled is generally recommended for Pi2, some demanding use cases (including 1080i60 with deinterlace) you may be better off with the lower cpu of omxplayer.

I will try omxplayer too. However, it mainly happens on SD (mpeg2 DVB-S2 stream) channels, on much more demanding HD channels it is fine. I hope the logs will tell us more.

Quote:"Adjust refreah rate" should be enabled. "Sync playback to display" should be enabled.
"GPU accelerated" resampling is recommended for Pi1 but can be enabled or disabled for Pi2.

Thanks!
In terms of quality which one is the best, "GPU accelerated" resampling or "High"?
In addition, which output is the best to use, "Fixed", "Optimized", "Best Match"? I always tend to go with best quality.

I'm not sure if I need to use PLL or not. I tried with and w/o PLL, but did get artefacts on the SD channel with both.

I did find an explanation in one of your earlier posts regarding PLL:

"The Pi has an additional solution to this which is adjusting the PLL (clock) of the HDMI display. This allows audio/video sync to be corrected without audio warbles and it works with passthrough. If it works for you it is the best solution. Unfortunately some TV/receivers don't like the clock ajustment and you may get audio or video dropouts. Most are fine with it and if this is the case you should use it." (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2017166)

Quote:Sure.
Sample TS will come with the logs, I just need to find some time (family, work).
(2015-11-05, 16:37)gurabli Wrote: Thanks!
In terms of quality which one is the best, "GPU accelerated" resampling or "High"?

The GPU resampling is high quality. I suspect both are too high quality to distinguish with a human ear. Try them both.

Quote:In addition, which output is the best to use, "Fixed", "Optimized", "Best Match"? I always tend to go with best quality.

Unless you have a good reason, use the default of optimized.
sorry,
but always ALSABig Grinefault (snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus Analog) is missing in this #1104:RPi2 build.
Confused
What happend with the new Kernel?

Harald
(2015-11-05, 19:27)doldi Wrote: sorry,
but always ALSABig Grinefault (snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus Analog) is missing in this #1104:RPi2 build.
Confused

Harald

Possibly there is something missing in 4.3 or the config options used. What does:
Code:
aplay -L
aplay -l
lsmod
report? Can you post dmesg output (to a pastebin type site).
Using an epson 5025ub, I've been unable to get a 3d signal at 23.976. I can get 24hz and I didn't notice any stutter, but it bothers me on some level. Occasionally it has locked a 23.4 signal or 23.7 signal which causes all sorts of artifacting. I changed some hdmi settings in config.txt and it seems to be ok. I have a wire in the wall that's probably about 20-25 feet that I run it to and two 3 to 6 ft cables on both sides of the outlet. Bypassing the AVR doesn't seem to make it lock 23.97. I'm not 100% sure it supports it since the blu ray player also outputs to 24hz with 3d. I've tried a few different builds, with 1101 or 1102 as the most recent. Is there anything I should try?
(2015-11-04, 18:59)Bor_NL Wrote:
(2015-11-04, 17:16)Really? Wrote:
(2015-11-03, 19:23)doldi Wrote: with hifiberry dac+ i have no sound on my Rpi2

#1102: Analog output

Same here on #1103. Files seem to be playing on fast forward and speakers are giving off a soft, crackling noise. Updated from #1024 where playback was fine.

Same problem with hifiberry digi+ here there is no sound with #1102 and #1103.

#1102 build alsa output is selectable (no sound) in system settings
#1103 build alsa output isn't selectable in system settings

Tried aplay -l and it shows the hifiberry as output device and there are no changes in the config.txt.

#1101 build is working just fine

Keep up the good work guys !

With #1104 build it's still not selectable

Confused

Harald

See above

(2015-11-05, 19:31)popcornmix Wrote:
Confused

Harald

Possibly there is something missing in 4.3 or the config options used. What does:
Code:
aplay -L
aplay -l
lsmod
report? Can you post dmesg output (to a pastebin type site).

Here you go :

aplay -L :

http://pastebin.com/qr8p8dQq

aplay -l :

http://pastebin.com/x7G2TEHF

lsmod :

http://pastebin.com/r8MM1FJu

dmseg :

http://pastebin.com/9wTu8a6m

By the way i love the fast pvr channel swithing. Keep up the good work !
Hi popcornmix,

aplay -L : between 1101 and 1104 is the same = o.k.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
aply -1:

#1101:
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: sndrpihifiberry [snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus], device 0: HiFiBerry DAC+ HiFi pcm512x-hifi-0 []
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

#1104:
card 0: sndrpihifiberry [snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus], device 0: HiFiBerry DAC+ HiFi pcm512x-hifi-0 []
Subdevices: 0/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lsmod:

missing
clk_hifiberry_dacpro,
ac,snd_pcm_dmaengine,
snd_soc_hifiberry_dacplus
snd_soc_bcm2708_i2s
snd_soc_core ....missing "snd_soc_bcm2708_i2s"
snd_pcm......missing the line "snd_soc_hifiberry_dacplus"

THX for support
(2015-11-05, 09:40)gurabli Wrote: Deinterlacing is amazing, it is basically like with my ION. The only difference I get is with some SD news channels, where text is scrolling at the bottom, there it is not as smooth as with ION. Interestingly, it is excellent on HD news channels. Should I post a sample TS file of that channel?

OK, here are the two TS sample files I recorder.

First is SD channel, here the scrolling text on bottom is not too nice, it is much nicer on ION.
SD TS Sample

Here is an HD channel TS sample, here deinterlacing is excellent, the scrolling text on bottom is perfect, as on ION. Strange, that HD is better. Anyway, it is possible that the first SD sample is somewhat bad for RPi2, as it is fine on ION.
HD TS Sample

I can't get the logs, Kodi Log uploader doesn't send it to my email (actually one sent, but the other two logs not). Will look into this, and get the logs to reproduce my other issue when SD channels fall apart for seconds.

Updated to latest build: #1104

EDIT: I got the logs, they landed in Spam folder. However, it is not easy to reproduce the error now, maybe the #1104 build is fine now. I'm posting both, if I'm correct, there is an error on the SD channel HIR TV in the first log.

http://xbmclogs.com/pomlpgljn
http://xbmclogs.com/pp80ikryt
(2015-11-05, 04:13)MarkT Wrote: Anyone getting crashes and hung buffering after channel changes with latest tvheadend and build 1011 using videoplayer, but omxplayer is ok?
Just updated my RPi2 to #1104, after a break from trying latest testbuild releases for a number of weeks. Installed latest TVHeadend backend and with my DVB-T usb connected to a powered hub, connected to RPi2 everything seems to be working fine with basic LiveTV (SD/HD) with omxplayer enabled and/or disabled.

I can switch up/down through channels, no crashes

OpenELEC Jarvis build #1104
wvc1 and mepg2 licence keys
service.multimedia.tvheadend-6.0.1-#1104-milhouse-v4.1-866-g0785258.zip
AVerMedia Technologies, Inc. AVerTV Volar Green HD (A835B)
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
Is it usual that navigating (using skips) in a 3D movie using the latest testbuilds (started testing from build #1029) is yet nearly impossible?
In rare cases after a skip the movie continues to play. But most times Kodi only fills the buffer (shown in the GUI) but never continues to play the movie or the movie continues to play but only with 2-4 frames per second or if it continues there are heavy stutters. Stopping and trying to resume shows the same results. ISO seems to be even worse than MKV files. Navigating in non 3d movies is working as it should.
  • 130(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10