• 137(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-11-12, 03:34)menakite Wrote: Did you make a backup of a .fi file that is causing a crash in recent builds?
I'd like to understand the cause so that we may find a way to invalidate caches.

I *guess* it finds, or does not find, something unexpected in the cached file.
If that's true, this might be the cause of the recent crash:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/42c1...f42d91da2d
and this may have been causing the crash in October (but you said it started _around_ #0919):
https://github.com/AlwinEsch/kodi/commit...eef3172652

Kinda wondering if I should remove the fix that will delete *.fi files on kodi startup, as now we may never be able to reproduce, understand and fix/avoid.

Although presumably it's just a case of starting with, say, a build from a few weeks ago, collect a few *.fi files by navigating the GUI, then fast forward to build #1110 (as this doesn't delete *.fi files on startup) and see if you can make build #1110 crash after loading one of old *.fi files?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I'm testing out my RPi2 for the first time and Kodi seems a tiny bit sluggish.

For example, when I seek around in a movie (albeit, a full blu-ray rip @ 20 - 30 Mbps) it will stop to buffer which takes about 5 seconds before beginning playback again.

I also notice that in the system information, it says CPU0 is around 70% usage when nothing is playing. Is this normal? (the other cores are at 0% though)
at idle, my RPi2 hovers around 7%, either on a single core, or split between two cores, such as 5% and 2%

note that using something like #bcmstat.sh p produces noticeably higher CPU load than #top and then pressing 1 to see the individual CPUs
I've removed build #1111 as it is causing a problem, particularly when trying to upgrade to a new build as the new tar that is written is often corrupted.

I've tried several methods to transfer a new tar file - scp, wget, Leopolds add-on - and they all create corrupted tar files in the .update folder.

There is also a risk that build #1111 may result in fileystem corruption.

Anyone that has upgraded to build #1111 - there have been at least 40 installations Sad - should immediately downgrade to #1110 as soon as possible. You will need to do this manually using a PC, and NOT the RPi.

To downgrade, use 7-Zip (or a Linux PC) to extract the contents of the target and 3rdparty/firmware folders from the tar file to the root of the SD card, being careful not to overwrite your config.txt. Also, ensure that KERNEL is renamed to kernel.img.

After booting into #1110 you should be able to upgrade to build #1111b (once it is uploaded - uploading now...)

Apologies for this inconvenience.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-11-11, 20:24)mujunk Wrote: In noob terms...does this bluetooth audio thing mean that I can plug in a USB bluetooth dongle to my Rpi2 and listen using BT headphones?

Yes, although this facility will not be available in build #1111b:
  1. Install your Bluetooth dongle in your RPi/RPi2
  2. Pair it with your Bluetooth speakers/headset using the OpenELEC Settings add-on
  3. Execute the following in ssh (you'll only need to do this once). Enabling snd_bcm2835 is required to enable the ALSA/Pulse bridge.
    Code:
    echo snd_bcm2835 >/storage/.config/modules-load.d/snd_bcm2835.conf
    reboot
  4. In System -> Audio, select "ALSA: PulseAudio Sound Server" as the audio output device

Once you've successfully configured the above whenever your Bluetooth speakers or headset is connected you should hear audio over Bluetooth, and when they are disconnected you should hear audio over HDMI.

It's not yet perfect, and lag/latency can be a bit of an issue, but it's generally working and should be considered a "work in progress".
New OpenELEC Jarvis build #1111b: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.3.0 #1 Thu Nov 12 04:14:10 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Nov 11 2015 21:36:20
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 54011a8ad59a9ae1c40bd07cddd9bcf90e779b66 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20151112041320-#1111b-g2a7db0d [Build #1111b]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001710.459: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (2a7db0dc, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (a11c9e46, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Urgent replacement for #1111 - see forum for details
  2. New firmware
  3. Dropped ALSA/Pulse bridge and BT commits, meaning there is no PulseAudio in this build
  4. Clean Kodi view cache on startup
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Nov 11):
    • firmware: usb: Increase axi priority to 15 - it needs to be odd
    • firmware: arm_loader: Apply firmware DT settings after the overlays
    • firmware: edid: Protect against invalid timing descriptor producing an invalid supported mode. See: link
    • firmware: TC358762: Make framerate adjustable with config.txt setting and default to 60. See: link
    • firmware: platform: Remove measure clock from logging message as it's quite expensive
    • firmware: usb: force axi priority to 14 and reduce di_adv to 13. See: link
  2. XBMC:
    • VideoPlayer: fix for closed captions - 708 (PR:8371, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [win32/utils] Fixed converting yuv420 to nv12. Fixed trac #16217 (PR:8376, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. pvr.stalker:
    • support for matrix channels. closes #32 (PR:33, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
    • fixup #33 where boolean should be bool (PR:34, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  4. pvr.vdr.vnsi:
    • Use C++ exceptions for better error handling (PR:35, 8 commits, 10 files changed)
    • Revert "requestpacket: use "constexpr" instead of "const" for constants" (PR:37, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  5. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] patch: Clean Kodi view cache on startup
    • Updated: [env] compare: EGL/4K/HEVC, mesa, Use Limited Range by default
    • Updated: [env] compare: xf86-video-intel: Bump to 627ef68 fixes refreshrates missing
I confirm. On #1111b spdif selectable again. Thank you.
(2015-11-12, 07:46)MONSTA Wrote: I confirm. On #1111b spdif selectable again. Thank you.

Thanks @MONSTA. Can you confirm if the passthrough device is greyed out with build #1109, as #1109 didn't have the ALSA/Pulse bridge but it did have PulseAudio available as a service (it shouldn't be enabled by default, though probably worth double checking).

Assuming the option isn't greyed out in #1109, can you go into OpenELEC Settings addon -> Services, scroll down to Pulseaudio and then click on "Enable Pulseaudio" so that it is enabled. Reboot #1109, and now see if the passthrough device option is still available to you in Settings -> Audio. It will be interesting to know if having the Pulse audio service running is the cause of the conflict.

Once you're done you can disable Pulseaudio.
(2015-11-12, 08:33)Milhouse Wrote: can you go into OpenELEC Settings addon -> Services, scroll down to Pulseaudio and then click on "Enable Pulseaudio" so that it is enabled. Reboot #1109, and now see if the passthrough device option is still available to you in Settings -> Audio. It will be interesting to know if having the Pulse audio service running is the cause of the conflict.

Yes. Spdif disappeared after enabling of this service, just greyed HDMI, and appeared again after disabling.
Thanks MONSTA
(2015-11-12, 07:01)Milhouse Wrote: [*]firmware: usb: Increase axi priority to 15 - it needs to be odd
[*]firmware: usb: force axi priority to 14 and reduce di_adv to 13. See: link

@bagofcrap24 @polo_joe can you check if latest build helps the artefacts with advanced deinterlace? I've increased the priority of the USB block which could help.
should
hvs_priority and v3d_clock
be removed from config.txt before testing?
Keeps asking me to update to the latest b version while I already have.
(2015-11-12, 14:26)polo_joe Wrote: should
hvs_priority and v3d_clock
be removed from config.txt before testing?

If it helps, you should notice an improvement in both cases. Try without those settings first and then with if it doesn't seem to help.
(2015-11-12, 05:30)J_E_F_F Wrote: at idle, my RPi2 hovers around 7%, either on a single core, or split between two cores, such as 5% and 2%

note that using something like #bcmstat.sh p produces noticeably higher CPU load than #top and then pressing 1 to see the individual CPUs
Thanks. After letting my RPI2 sit idle all night, it's showing about 15% idle CPU usage (using 'top' over SSH).

However, I'm still wondering if it's normal to see [Buffering...] for a few seconds when seeking around very large files. I'm using wired gigabit Ethernet and NFS. My over HTPC seeks around pretty much instantly.

EDIT: Also, I am using a 64 GB Samsung microSD card because I didn't have anything else available. I've ordered the NOOBS card directly from RPi foundation because I heard that's a very good card, but could my existing card be causing some of this buffering?
  • 137(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10