• 1(current)
OpenELEC Surprise
Hi guys,

Just now I saw this at OpenELEC Facebook, does anybody know about what it is? photo suggest like some hardware from openelec is comming

Obviously they are releasing another piece of hardware.

Rumour has it that it is called the VEROE!
Wow, OE really leading the pack in originality huh? Along with their "open" operating system providing the users with so much choice. Sounding like a win/win!
I recon its going to be called an OREO, but damn that name is already taken. Back to rumours and speculation then... Wink

I hope it's the size of Oreo does HD audio, 3D, HDMI pass through and 4k.

Wheres the "LIKE" button for the post above?
Looks like a black box to me :p
Not funny in deed. I think it's 10% of something available here: https://www.tecsetter.de/

at least the picture looks like something cuboxish ... cubox i4 for a good price (~ 100 euros) - for someone that does not need 24p, nor 4k decoding, nor live tv at 50 fps, nor passthrough audio with matching video fps ... it's perhaps a fine offer.

Edit: And btw. no matter what product is sold there - it most likely has nothing to do with OE directly. If you get 10% of a 150 euro box - you would save 15 euros. If you wanted to have this box anyways ... you will perhaps like it.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-07-03, 12:57)fritsch Wrote: for someone that does not need 24p, nor 4k decoding, nor live tv at 50 fps, nor passthrough audio with matching video fps

Simply an expensive paperweight ? Big Grin
Not really ... i use mine (i4) as a little NAS with external esata disk ... though I would not suggest it for kodi at all ... especially with other devices (braswell) arround the corner ...

Edit: Yeah - we don't really know what is offered there. Might be you could even buy a Raspberry Pi2 for 3.50 less ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I think I got the news wrong :-)

While waiting one gets 10% discount on some shop ... and after waiting is over, one can see the big surprise ... yeah - too warm here in germany ...
yes same for me, i thinked about 10% less on new product

I agree also for braswell
(2015-07-03, 13:12)fritsch Wrote: I think I got the news wrong :-)

While waiting one gets 10% discount on some shop ... and after waiting is over, one can see the big surprise ... yeah - too warm here in germany ...
Beer time methinks Fritsch and less typing, or maybe you like OREO's ? Wink

Not sure what OE will announce (though I am part of their Audio, VAAPI, kernel, mesa team), but I really hope that it will be a machine that really(!) works on release date for a reasonable price with some outstanding details - changing the color is not enough in my eyes or in other words: a red japanese car won't be faster / better as the very same black japanese ...

Edit: I don't have anything against japanese cars, change that to tomatoes and the color to green ... or whatever.
It's been suggested this might have something to do with it.

SolidRun introduces CuBoxTV 4GB, the most advanced Kodi Media Player

• 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Surprise9