• 4(current)
OpenELEC Surprise
(2015-07-10, 09:46)charliebrown Wrote: Kinda dissapointing, hardware vs price ratio

Ummmm.....

I spent 80 euros on my USB tv tuner alone!!

This is a great deal, and a good box. Its particularly good because many XBMC devs have had this box as part of the Wetek sponsorship for a while so work on the development side.

Its not perfect, but for less than 100 euros, its an outstanding deal in my opinion.
(2015-07-10, 10:42)Atinkler Wrote: Could someone kindly point me in the direction of any discussions around the pvr capabilities of the wetek? I've not really looked at dvt on my pi but a plug n play solution at this price has tweaked my interest.

What I'm wanting to know if plugged in to my freeview (uk) antenna will the live tv and play back quality be as good as my tuner in my lg tv?

And I'm asking with the focus on hd content

Should be yes! I use the DVB-S version in the UK and its great quality.
(2015-07-10, 09:46)charliebrown Wrote: Kinda dissapointing, hardware vs price ratio

quote, with SOC like S805 could be a great box
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
I like my Wetek box. I'm running tvheadend as backend having a DVB-S2 module and it's working great.
Does anyone know if these would work with additional USB dvb tuners?

I'm thinking about getting the S2 version, but I'd like to use my existing PCTV-292e DVB-T2 and Geniatech T230 T2 tuners.

Additionally is the S2 single tuner or dual tuner? IIRC the Wetek Play is advertised as having dual S2 tuners?
(2015-07-10, 12:00)decpvr Wrote: Does anyone know if these would work with additional USB dvb tuners?

I'm thinking about getting the S2 version, but I'd like to use my existing PCTV-292e DVB-T2 and Geniatech T230 T2 tuners.

Additionally is the S2 single tuner or dual tuner? IIRC the Wetek Play is advertised as having dual S2 tuners?

you can connect more USB tuners, like you want.

The DVB-S(2) version includes a DUAL Tuner (2x DVB-S2, while the DVB_T/C modell is a combo tuner (1xDVB-C OR 1xDVB-T)
greetings, Stephan

(2015-07-10, 12:07)sraue Wrote: you can connect more USB tuners, like you want.

The DVB-S(2) version includes a DUAL Tuner (2x DVB-S2, while the DVB_T/C modell is a combo tuner (1xDVB-C OR 1xDVB-T)

Brilliant! Thanks for the quick reply.
Already got a wetek play, but got one of these too, because its a stonking deal.

Paid just over £65, that's a massive bargain just for a dual DVB-S2 IP tuner, let alone a very good implementation of kodi and a decent remote.

The wetek works very well and is great as a network PVR - if you have a discount code just get one!
Great deal! I wonder if I should get 2 of these, or for the same amount, get a Vero.. Wink
How is it different to a normal wetek box. I was looking only 2 days ago at the wetek to use as a PVR backend only. I have no interest in using it as a kodi client. Will this do the job also? I want to watch free to air channels using my sky dish feed and record to external USB drive
I think that even if it uses an 'old' chipset this is a still very good deal for < $99 since OpenELEC/WeTek offer OTA updates and great support. I will be ordering one soon.

(2015-07-10, 10:42)Atinkler Wrote: Could someone kindly point me in the direction of any discussions around the pvr capabilities of the wetek?
OpenELEC comes with both Tvheadend and TV "backends" (TV-tuner/server software) so you can choose to use either, for more info read http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR and http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR_backend

(2015-07-10, 10:42)Atinkler Wrote: What I'm wanting to know if plugged in to my freeview (uk) antenna will the live tv and play back quality be as good as my tuner in my lg tv?
Freeview (free-to-air digital terrestrial television) in the UK uses DVB-T / DVB-T2 so that should work fine, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeview_%28UK%29

(2015-07-10, 12:00)decpvr Wrote: Does anyone know if these would work with additional USB dvb tuners? I'm thinking about getting the S2 version, but I'd like to use my existing PCTV-292e DVB-T2 and Geniatech T230 T2 tuners.
Yes any USB 2.0 tuners that is supported by OpenELEC should work, see http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Suppor...USB_Tuners

If any tuners you want to use isn't supported then try submit requests to OpenELEC and they're usually quite quick to add support which then comes in future OTA updates.
Where can we find the specs on this in terms of what it can play? HD-Audio, 3D, VC1, etc? I have looked on the OpenElec site, the Kodi Wiki, and the Wetek site and haven't found anything?
Seems like a fairly good deal !!

I agree with Cncb, we would need to have specs and capabilities
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Android TV
(2015-07-10, 14:12)cncb Wrote: Where can we find the specs on this in terms of what it can play? HD-Audio, 3D, VC1, etc? I have looked on the OpenElec site, the Kodi Wiki, and the Wetek site and haven't found anything?

Quick google search for AMLogic 8726 MX SoC reveal this

Good thing is that davilla done amazing job making hardware decoding possible under Android and Linux/OpenELEC

My av collection at NAS playing good at wetek play, so far never had troubles with 1080p files
That is great value for money.

Dual DVB-S2, very capable system, remote and a nice looking box.

More importantly, full OpenElec support. That can't be underestimated.

It's not for me due to by current setup but if I needed an STB style system with DVB-S2 tuners I'd already have one ordered.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Surprise9