embedded subtitles issue with Aeon MQ 5?
Hi,

I don't know if this is related to Kodi or the skin! I have subtitle in all my movie files and the strange thing with All Kodi version that I have tested so far is that, Kodi or "if its the skin" is supposed to detect the embedded subtitles in the movie file but sometimes I need to run the movie before it can determine if there is subtitle embedded inside the movie file. Its like sometimes it scans correctly and sometimes it fails with scanning the movie file.

I'm using Mediainfo to check whats embedded inside the mkv container. But the strange thing is that it works sometimes. i.e if I scroll through my movie list, some of my movies will not show the embedded subtitle until I have started the movie and when I do that I can go back to the list and then its updated.

I don't have so many movies in my list and I cant either see any pattern why it randomly works sometimes. I have only a few movies and all of them have *.srt subtitle embedded with UTF-8.
Why do you cross post.
We answered you already.
Aeon just catch the info in the nfo. If no subtitle tags in the nfo, aeon (and other skins too) won't be able to display that info.
If you play the movie at least one time, kodi will detect the different streams and populate its internal nfo accordingly allowing the skin to grab the info and display it.

So use an external manager and create your own info files or let kodi do it, but you will need to play the movie first (not fully.).
(2015-07-03, 20:46)Namoi Wrote: Why do you cross post.
We answered you already.
Aeon just catch the info in the nfo. If no subtitle tags in the nfo, aeon (and other skins too) won't be able to display that info.
If you play the movie at least one time, kodi will detect the different streams and populate its internal nfo accordingly allowing the skin to grab the info and display it.

So use an external manager and create your own info files or let kodi do it, but you will need to play the movie first (not fully.).

I thought it would be good to have this question in this aeon thread as well, since its good to get a comment and feedback from the creators of this skin.
Anyway do you have any external manager to recommend me to use?
I personnaly use mediaelch as it is more straightforward IMHO comparing to ember and it does partially music too which is rare.
But the dev isn't so active.
You could have also a look at tiny media manager which is msintened pretty well.
But again, mediaelch does the job fast and clean.
But it's a real work so if it's just for the sub, it's much more convenient to launch the movie (or even create a dummy smartplaylist for this)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
embedded subtitles issue with Aeon MQ 5?0