Bug Musicvideo List by Artists in Kodi 14.2 & 15RC1
No. Thank you for looking at it. As you could probably tell from the database the music video section is as important to my setup as the movie and tv show sections. This will allow to separate into sections in the same way I can with the movies and tv shows.

If ever you making changes in that area again consider adding filtering tags in a similar way. I do not think it is a bug, looks more like a design choice. It doesn't appear that the tags for music videos can be filtered or grouped. I suspect that the expectation is that all music videos would be one large group, so there would be no need filtering and grouping.

Thanks again. You effort is greatly appreciated.

Edit: Actually grouping works if there is no filter (rule), but if there is a filter grouping returns an empty set. As least so it appears.
(2015-07-05, 19:18)LongMan Wrote: No. Thank you for looking at it. As you could probably tell from the database the music video section is as important to my setup as the movie and tv show sections. This will allow to separate into sections in the same way I can with the movies and tv shows.

If ever you making changes in that area again consider adding filtering tags in a similar way. I do not think it is a bug, looks more like a design choice. It doesn't appear that the tags for music videos can be filtered or grouped. I suspect that the expectation is that all music videos would be one large group, so there would be no need filtering and grouping.

Thanks again. You effort is greatly appreciated.

Edit: Actually grouping works if there is no filter (rule), but if there is a filter grouping returns an empty set. As least so it appears.

Not sure i can follow Wink Could you please elaborate or post a dummy xsp?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Sent sample playlist in a PM.
Funny, I've posted about Music Video issues before (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=164550) but never really got a Dev to respond. At first I thought it was an issue with the Skins I was using (ACE and AEON MQ5), but it turns out, based on this thread, that it is deeper.

Thanks LongMan for pointing out the associations with the various Databases, and thanks mkortstiege for making these changes official (hopefully they will be included in the final Kodi 15 release).

Here is another thread, I created asking for including Music Videos as part of the Music Library (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=186004), since they essentially share the same Artist and Album artwork.
@mkortstiege

I sent a another PM with an updated link. I see that the first PR has been merged. Can I test it with the current nightly or do I have to wait on the next one?
(2015-07-07, 18:28)LongMan Wrote: @mkortstiege

I sent a another PM with an updated link. I see that the first PR has been merged. Can I test it with the current nightly or do I have to wait on the next one?

Next one.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
@ Powerhouse. Seems that you have at it for a couple years. I suspect that you are like me, extremely happy that it is being addressed.
Ok Thanks
So will this fix the artist.nfo problem I pointed out in this thread (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=163814)?

In a nutshell, according to the XBMC Wiki, the artist.nfo (needs to be lower case for some reason) should display. I have tried putting an artist.nfo under the artist folder, but it doesn't load the correct information. Perhaps it needs to be named something other than artist.nfo. I've tried the artistname.nfo, and the artist - musicvideo.nfo, these don't work either.
Musicvideos are handled via the videoinfoscanner and do not support artist.nfo. The nfo must have the same name as the actual video file (eg. artist-title.mp4 reads artist-title.nfo).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
@mkortstiege. Ignore the last PM. The Tags works as expected now. It's a wonderful feeling to see my idea for storing sports and other videos work as I had originally thought it would. I got the idea a couple years ago when Montellese was working on tags for music videos. All this time I had to make do and now it finally works.

Big Thanks to You, @Montellese and @Memphiz (at one point he was working on the video database as well)

Cheers LongMan
@mkortstiege Perhaps you didn't read my linked forum post, where I said I named the .NFO file the same as the actual video (artist - title.mp4).
@Powerhouse, right i actually did not read it completely. Please create a bug ticket with all information and details needed to reproduce.
(2015-07-08, 00:45)LongMan Wrote: @mkortstiege. Ignore the last PM. The Tags works as expected now. It's a wonderful feeling to see my idea for storing sports and other videos work as I had originally thought it would. I got the idea a couple years ago when Montellese was working on tags for music videos. All this time I had to make do and now it finally works.

Big Thanks to You, @Montellese and @Memphiz (at one point he was working on the video database as well)

Cheers LongMan

Great, thanks.
(2015-07-08, 07:56)mkortstiege Wrote:
(2015-07-08, 00:45)LongMan Wrote: @mkortstiege. Ignore the last PM. The Tags works as expected now. It's a wonderful feeling to see my idea for storing sports and other videos work as I had originally thought it would. I got the idea a couple years ago when Montellese was working on tags for music videos. All this time I had to make do and now it finally works.

Cheers LongMan

Great, thanks.

Could you maybe give a pointer to the logic change or a quick explanation? I see in MyVideos93.db there are now table genre_link,...,actor_link that replace the old content-related link table like artistlinkmusicvideo. I take it it was this change that resulted in no longer getting artist thumb/fanart when looking at music video artists (for example by doing
Code:
ActivateWindow(videos,musicvideoartists,return)

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Musicvideo List by Artists in Kodi 14.2 & 15RC10