Want to share libraries between 2 android boxes
I have 1 android box downstairs and 1 upstiars. The one downstairs has and external hard drive with a few hundred movies on it. I reticently purchased a second Android box for our master. Through UPNP im able to go to the other box and play movies from the hard drive downstairs to the master now but it wont update my library that i have for movies and tv on the downstairs box.

Basically id like to know how to, if its even possible, to update my library on my new box using UPNP folders.
In the UPnP settings on the "host" box, there should be an option to "announce" library updates. Make sure that is enabled.

If this still doesn't work then a temp workaround would be quitting Kodi and relaunching it on the second box should force the UPnP listings to update.

I'll try seeing if I can reproduce this sometime tomorrow.
(2015-07-04, 02:03)Sniklefritz Wrote: I have 1 android box downstairs and 1 upstiars. The one downstairs has and external hard drive with a few hundred movies on it. I reticently purchased a second Android box for our master. Through UPNP im able to go to the other box and play movies from the hard drive downstairs to the master now but it wont update my library that i have for movies and tv on the downstairs box.

Basically id like to know how to, if its even possible, to update my library on my new box using UPNP folders.
Your master!
Sounds like your a butler saying it like that lol
(2015-07-04, 08:28)Ned Scott Wrote: In the UPnP settings on the "host" box, there should be an option to "announce" library updates. Make sure that is enabled.

If this still doesn't work then a temp workaround would be quitting Kodi and relaunching it on the second box should force the UPnP listings to update.

I'll try seeing if I can reproduce this sometime tomorrow.

I'm sorry my wording was a little confusing.

Right now if I add a movie or TV show it will update that folder I can access from by bedroom. What Id like to do is be able to upload that folder to my library so that I can see the movies under the movies tab on the home screen.
(2015-07-04, 08:37)Steve_uk Wrote:
(2015-07-04, 02:03)Sniklefritz Wrote: I have 1 android box downstairs and 1 upstiars. The one downstairs has and external hard drive with a few hundred movies on it. I reticently purchased a second Android box for our master. Through UPNP im able to go to the other box and play movies from the hard drive downstairs to the master now but it wont update my library that i have for movies and tv on the downstairs box.

Your master!
Sounds like your a butler saying it like that lol

Ha! Just re read it, I can see that now lol

Meant master bedroom Tongue
(2015-07-04, 11:35)Sniklefritz Wrote: I'm sorry my wording was a little confusing.

Right now if I add a movie or TV show it will update that folder I can access from by bedroom. What Id like to do is be able to upload that folder to my library so that I can see the movies under the movies tab on the home screen.

Not currently supported yet in normal builds, but there is some early work being done here for this feature: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=224794

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Want to share libraries between 2 android boxes0