Win Isengard RC1 - Hangup during live TV
Bug 
Hello Kodi community,

this is my first post and directly a bug report:

After installing Isengard RC 1 yesterday, Kodi hangs up after some time when watching live TV. This happened 3 times within one hour of watching, the stream just freezes and GUI does not respond anymore. I can kill and restart Kodi and it's okay then for some time. I use the DVBLink PVR addon.

Reverting back to Beta 2 makes the problem go away so it looks like a regression to me.

System:

- Windows 7 SP1 x64 with all patches from Windows Update
- Intel Core i3 4330T with integrated graphics, 4GB RAM

Anyone else having this problem? Do you need any more information? I could provide a log, but don't remember the exact times when it hung.
A debug log (wiki) would be very good, if you could nab one. There's a link on the advanced page for debug logs about how to turn off the on-screen text, so that it doesn't bother you while you wait for the issue to happen.
I have the same problem, and I also use DVBLink PVR. But my hangups are not during live TV (which I rarely every do) but while watching recording outside of the PVR add-on (just libraries under video).

I just enabled debug log to see if I can capture something useful next time it happens.
Hello,

I have the same problem. I updated to the RC1 yesterday so I sill have no log until now. But I can say you are not alone.

I use the DVBLogic Client for Live TV with a local installation of DVBLogic 5.1.

Windows 8.1 x64, i3, 8 GB RAM.

Regards.
Have had same issue using pseudo.
Happened again. Logs at http://xbmclogs.com/pof990tx0
Installed RC2 today - Because I didn't provide the log yet, fair enough it still crashes.

It happens either during live TV or while watching a recording.

So here we go: http://goo.gl/xdxJQ2

I also see lots of crashdumps with a stacktrace like this: http://goo.gl/vqT2uW
I've had the same on Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 running both RC1 and now the Dx11 ver marked RC3. Completely reinstalled to work from a base build. Each only has an SMB movie/music share and DVBLink add-on connected.

http://xbmclogs.com/poxnprwm1
http://xbmclogs.com/pok9bub9u

2 different debug logs included, although it appears nothing gets recorded to them at the point of hanging. I did try to dbg a .dmp file from task manager but couldn't get it to parse properly. I know I am complicating this with using the DX11 product, but this was occurring on RC1 and RC2 official non-DX11 versions too.
Sorry for no logs, I just thought I'd mention no improvement from RC1 to RC2.
I've spent this evening rolled back to Beta 2 with the same setup as on RC2/3. Not had it crash all night.

Is there are way of mapping nightlies to releases to try day by day increments and see when the problem started?

There is a thread which seemed a similar problem for someone using the ArgusTV backend too.
(2015-07-20, 03:29)rideti.me Wrote: I've spent this evening rolled back to Beta 2 with the same setup as on RC2/3. Not had it crash all night.

Is there are way of mapping nightlies to releases to try day by day increments and see when the problem started?

There is a thread which seemed a similar problem for someone using the ArgusTV backend too.

IIRC, we always released on the same day the builds were made, so comparing the release dates on development builds (wiki) to the nightly dates should work.
oops, just noticed those only list the month and not the day.

Alpha 1 - February 28th

Alpha 2 - April 1st

Beta 1 - May 1st

Beta 2 - June 14th

RC 1 - July 2nd

RC 2 - July 11th
So I've been running on the 28th Jun nightly for a few days (it was the earliest still available to download) and it's been working fine on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. So I'll need to run from 29th upto RC1 to see where the problem starts. I did find the full build date is listed in the System Info when running, so was able to go from that. Thanks for the info though Ned.
Don't believe it. I just spent 30min putting together a post, pasting logs, uploading .dmp files to explain my history with this issue and the different nightlies I'd tested. Thought I had better just confirm it and take a log of it happening in 15.0 full release. Seems the problem has gone away! I got a brief lock-up on selecting recording for the first time, but now its fine.

Will continue to monitor and have saved my post to paste later if it comes back. Might try the DX11 nightly of the 15.0 full too.
It appears that when selecting a recording there is still a "hang" but it recovers now. It seems to occur just before selecting record (when the window is open). I am wondering if Kodi waits for a message from the backend to say a recording channel is available. The hang seems to be longer if there is complex channel management to do. Potentially the hangs occur if Kodi doesn't get this Server response.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Isengard RC1 - Hangup during live TV0