EPG on 14.X and 15.X
Hello All,

This is more of a glitch (Maybe on my part)

I run a standard install of the latest release and a test install of Kodi 15 with the "p" switch.

On both of them, if I don't update the EPG on a daily basis it either fails completely or it's all mixed up and wrong.

An easy fix on both is to go into settings (Expert) disable live TV, delete the PVR and EPG database then enable it. Doing this also brings up another small problem in that it then says that no PVR client is enabled. To fix this I have to go into addons, enable mediaportal then go back to TV settings and disable then enable live TV... usually doing this twice triggers Kodi to re scan for channels from the server.

It's not a serious problem and the TV plays fine. Just a bit annoying at times.

Has anyone else had this or knows of a fix or work around?

Thanks
Works fine here, but I update the EPG daily. I don't see any reason not to.

Please explain 'mixed up and wrong'.
Hi,

I don't update the EPG daily as I don't use it daily.

I mean messed up by the channel order goes all over the place. The groups are there but the channels in them are in a strange order that's not the server order. The last time it had about 5 channel "0" that were random.

As I said in my first post, reset the database and all is perfect again.. apart from having to reset the PVR plugin. This isn't a new problem for me and to my knowledge it's been going on from XBMC.. so 4 releases back. I've updated the XBMC/Kodi plugin in Mediaportal, no problems with shares or firewall etc.

In the portable test version of 15 I run it skips the EPG all together most of the time but it's beta so I expect problems.

I've just installed the Android version to see if it's a windows only problem. I'll let you know how that goes.

Just an odd one that I can't find an answer to.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG on 14.X and 15.X0