Update Share path without affecting DB
I have windows server 2012 setup with NFS, my hard drive is running out of space so i'd like to split the HDD so one is for TV Shows and the other for Movies. However I do not want to update the library so need to create links that point to the new share is this possible?
Various different ways you can do it. Depends what you have now and what kind of level of hacking bravery you have. Smile

The easiest layout to change would be one that is already in a \\server\share\Videos\Films\Blah and \\server\share\Videos\TV\Blah layout. This becomes trivial to lift from one drive and drop onto another.

Personally when I change a path which affects a lot of files, I will close down KODI and then directly edit the database to update it. Paths are kept in their own table and it is easy to perform a search that will update. So If I lift the TV shows onto a new drive that means I need to change all references of \\server\share\videos\tv\ to \\server\share2\videos\tv\ (or whatever)

SQLiteBrowser ( http://sqlitebrowser.org/ ) is very useful for loading up the database to give it a tweak. If you are brave enough to want to try this, shout and I'll add more details.

OR: as this is going to be the *same* files in your library I believe you can just delete the TV source, clean the library, move the files to the new hard disk, then add that fresh source. As all the filenames are still the same they will be recognised and their watched statuses will be maintained. (You'll have to wait for someone else to confirm that)

OR: you can use Windows commands on the server to pretend the files are still in the same place. From an elevated command prompt type something like this mklink /j D:\Videos\TV E:\Videos\TV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update Share path without affecting DB0