Sync Raspberry Kodi
I have 4 Raspberry Pi 2's running. I also have a CentOS box running with a MySQL server. I want to setup them to sync together. Also will the Favorites sync? I did a backup and restore and it doesn't bring over my Favorites.

Would like to find how to setup the MySQL on my CentOS box if anyone knows where I can find instructions.

Thanks,
Rick
Favourites are stored in ~/.kodi/userdata/favourites.xml, so you'll need to sync that manually - you could use path substitution (wiki) so that all your clients access the same favourites.xml file using a network location, although there's always the possibility of one client overwriting the changes made by another client.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I tried path substitution to sync favourites a while ago and it was problematic - script.favourites didn't like it much, IIRC it wouldn't work at all unless there was a local favourites file.
My memory's a bit hazy on this tbh, I just remember giving up and syncing manually.
I kind of got it working. For some reason it keeps loosing contact with the MySQL server. If I ssh into the Raspberry and try to ssh into the MySQL box it doesn't connect, but if I ping it first then ssh into it I can login to it. This is making my Kodi lockup.

Any Solutions?
Hi Ricknifl !
I am new to Rpi2 and OpenELEC but have a lot of GNU/Linux expirience, so i offer no solution but maybe some useful advice how to get one.

- Is Your RPi2 using USB dongle (and when , which?) or ethernet port to connect to LAN / WAN ?
- What is Your MySQL config looking like (leave all private infos out , this is a public forum, so no IP/MAC Addresses, no user / pass / country lines/settings etc ... )
- Are You Using RPi2 at the same time to do some heavy load on LAN/WLAN connection at the same time (listen radio/watch TV/ broadcast services (SAMBA, UPNp, NFS etc. ) ower that connection on RPi2 at the same time etc...) ?
- How many if any clients are using it at the same time etc.
- Do You SSH into RPi2 and from there initiate the ping or from some other machine , OR do You wake up Your MySQL server OR Rpi2 connection by pinging from some other machine and then use SSH to connect and sync?

Just a thoughts since You said that after pinging the MySQL server and then initating SSH works , so why does the connection goes to "sleep-mode" ?
I do not know the answer , but the more info You give to developers more they can do to understand what is gooing on.
Sorry if this all sounds stupid/newbie and You allready checked all that .

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sync Raspberry Kodi0