Back button of mouse recognition
Hi.

When I wanna go BACK, need to press only ESC key.

so request you that
- go back when I press 'back key on mouse' (which is that the button to go back previous web page. you know what I'm saying?)
and also
- go back when I press 'Backspace'
http://kodi.wiki/view/Keymap
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
that also VERY weird answer , we are not a technical person.
Why don't you make easy UI setup option?
Does Kodi not stand for consumer? but for developer? It is really weird answer.
We can't support all kind of input devices (remotes, keyboard and mices ..). You have to modify the keymaps to fit your device.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
You could say that Kodi does not stand for mouse.

Kodi is not designed for a mouse. Kodi is specifically designed to be used with a remote control so that people don't have to use a mouse. You can use a mouse if you want to, but we don't have a lot of motivation to improve mouse usage since remotes work so much better in the living room.
shouldn't the mouse actually send a keyboard keypress when clicking the back button on the mouse?

@aUser99 - could you please create a Debug Log (follow instructions in link and upload it to pastebin.com ) in which you press the back button of your mouse? This will allow us to see which command is sent to Kodi.
You can also install the "keymap editor" add-on from the official Kodi add-on repository which allows you to create custom keymaps from within the GUI.
I think he just means right-click, which will do "back" when it is not clicking an item.

EDIT: or not? I'm confused. As da-anda says, that should be a keyboard command if the same button goes "back" in a browser.
Hi, I'm really late to this discussion, but I wanted to contribute my opinion (if you don't mind).

The issue: The mouse back button works on the Windows distribution, but not on Linux. I've installed Kodi 15.2 and tested this on Windows 7 and Debian 8.02. Also, the mouse back button can not be assigned to a key.

My opinion of the response from mkortstiege: Maybe it's not clear to mkortstiege or any one else, but the mouse back button can't be bound in Kodi on Linux. I don't mind mapping my mouse buttons to keyboard functions, but Kodi lacks the ability to do so.

My request: Could we have the mouse back button bound properly in the Linux distro please? If that's too hard, could we have an option to bind it? Many people will use Kodi at different computers, not just in the living room. Many modern mice (mouses?) have back buttons and like I mentioned up top, it works in Windows.

Thanks!
Wait, so this is a specific button for "back"? Maybe it is "browser_back" from what OP said?
I tried mapping "browser_back" but it didn't work. Also, I don't think "browser_back" was ever discussed earlier in this thread. And if I read the Kodi documentation correctly, browser_back would be a specific keystroke from special keyboards and/or remotes.

Edit: to answer your question Ned, I'm referring to the button closest to my thumb on my logitech mouse. My "xev | grep button" shows it as Button 9. It seems impossible to map this button in Kodi on Linux.
I don't even know what button you guys are talking about. I had assumed it was right-click.

Regarding browser_back, I'm talking about this:

(2015-07-05, 07:21)aUser99 Wrote: so request you that
- go back when I press 'back key on mouse' (which is that the button to go back previous web page. you know what I'm saying?)
I understand you clearly. Right click is not the "Back button" that we are referring to.

Furthermore, browser_back is not the "back key on the mouse". Like I said, browser_back is listed under the "7.1 Media keyboards/remotes" section on the keymap wiki posted above, not the "7.2 Mouse actions" section.

Here's a linked picture of a mouse with a back button (and forward button too!) https://i.imgur.com/OoBNiVb.jpg
Ah, that makes more sense. I will see what I can find out about it, if I have time.
OK i am totally lost on this i am running kodi ver 17 now had same issue on ver 16 i use the mouse to control everything as it is or was the easiest way to do everything until all of a sudden my back button quit working i have a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse set windows 10 pro i tried reboot OS and or KODI why did it work last time i ran KODI and now its not i changed nothing and controls have changed

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Back button of mouse recognition0