Recordings Disappear
I am running a Raspberry Pi 2 (openelec) with TVheadend and a WD Mycloud as a Nas. The RPi2 is mapped to the Nas for recording storage. If I record a show and then restart my system the shows disappear from recorded shows, however if I go into file manager I can find them.
Does anyone know how I can keep all of my recorded shows in recordings? I am at a loss.
Thanks,
What happens if you just restart the tvheadend service? Do the recordings re-appear then?

I think there's a tvheadend.start script and accompanying tvheadend.stop script somewhere - ssh in and run the second one, then count to ten and run the first one. If that solves the problem then you most likely have a timing issue, in that tvheadend is starting and looking for the files before the NFS mount completes (perhaps because of a wakeup delay on your NAS?).

Also, when you say "file manager", make sure you're browsing a local mount and not browsing over Kodi's NFS client: the former relies on the OS being able to see the remote share, while the latter is Kodi-only, so the OS is unaware of the remote share. You could do worse than checking this while you're ssh'ed in: simply cd to the directory as tvheadend sees it and check that you can ls the files.
If you're using Openelec, make sure to select the "wait for network" setting in the tvheadend addon.
I used to have the samme problem on my x86 system of Openelec, but after using the new mounting method at http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Mounti...ork_shares everything works perfectly.
(2015-07-06, 10:45)negge Wrote: If you're using Openelec, make sure to select the "wait for network" setting in the tvheadend addon.

I didn't see that setting in openelec.
(2015-07-06, 13:57)Verderer Wrote: I used to have the samme problem on my x86 system of Openelec, but after using the new mounting method at http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Mounti...ork_shares everything works perfectly.

I tried the new mounting method but I didn't get it to work. I used the example from the link and placed it in configfiles/system.d/storage-recordings.mount.

[Unit]
Description=cifs mount script
Requires=network-online.service
After=network-online.service
Before=kodi.service

[Mount]
What=//192.168.2.8/Public
Where=/storage/recordings
Options=username=***,password=******,rw
Type=cifs

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
@drhoeh it's there. Note the difference between the tvheadend service addon and the tvheadend PVR addon.
But indeed the manual system mount approach would be much better.
(2015-07-06, 18:56)negge Wrote: @drhoeh it's there. Note the difference between the tvheadend service addon and the tvheadend PVR addon.

Okay I found it. Do you have any settings recommendations?
How much time do you think I should set it for?
I had a similar problem with my nas not being read and have remount my nas everytime I boot up in Raspbian.

The solution that time was to add "mount -a" to /etc/rc.local before exit 0.

Could this be similar?
(2015-07-06, 18:47)drhoeh Wrote:
(2015-07-06, 13:57)Verderer Wrote: I used to have the samme problem on my x86 system of Openelec, but after using the new mounting method at http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Mounti...ork_shares everything works perfectly.

I tried the new mounting method but I didn't get it to work. I used the example from the link and placed it in configfiles/system.d/storage-recordings.mount.

[Unit]
Description=cifs mount script
Requires=network-online.service
After=network-online.service
Before=kodi.service

[Mount]
What=//192.168.2.8/Public
Where=/storage/recordings
Options=username=***,password=******,rw
Type=cifs

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Just got out my own RPI2 to check that the method works, and it did.
I copied over my own version of storage-recordings.mount from my x86 to the RPI, then ran the command; systemctl enable storage-recordings.mount , followed by a quick reboot.

So if you did all this and it's still not working, then I'm wondering what text editor your using?
Thanks Verderer I used the new mounting method and it worked. I did screwed up the syntax on the enable storage command. It now works and all my recordings are showing up. Thanks guys, I think we are good.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recordings Disappear0