• 1(current)
IARL - Deprecated
Brick 
IARL

I have depreciated IARL.  Come take a look at IAGL, which is more betterer.  Mods feel free to delete this thread.
That's great Smile Hope you could re-use anything from the code.
It works well and I love the "extended info" custom window with the trailers and the artwork. I was able to remember the name of a game I was trying to find for so much time (bubsy Smile ).

A suggestion:
- Probably it is a good idea to move your addon to the root folder of your project on github. You're pointing users to the downloading of master.zip which will result in a file you won't be able to install in kodi. Moving the folder to the .kodi/addons will throw errors with missing dependencies.
You can either move it to the root folder so the master.zip is instalable or you can also make a zip and add it to the releases tab.

Thanks for this
OK, I think I've got it in the root folder now so it should install from the master.zip. Thanks!
Also you said you made it a video addon because of the views but you're not setting the content type as movies or tvshows so the views you're getting from Kodi in the video section will be the same you'd get from the Programs section or even Games section in Retroplayer. So unless you're thinking about using those views in the future probably setting the addon as <provides>executable</provides> or <provides>games</provides> would have the same behaviour and would make more sense

Regards
How can I use roms on kodi?
Very nice Smile
Keep the good work Smile
(2015-07-05, 20:20)zachmorris Wrote: N64 unfortunately currently crashes when trying to launch a game
N64 and "newer" console emulators that require hardware graphics acceleration is not working on any platform yet, read http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=205571
(2015-07-06, 03:12)enen92 Wrote: Also you said you made it a video addon because of the views but you're not setting the content type as movies or tvshows so the views you're getting from Kodi in the video section will be the same you'd get from the Programs section or even Games section in Retroplayer. So unless you're thinking about using those views in the future probably setting the addon as <provides>executable</provides> or <provides>games</provides> would have the same behaviour and would make more sense

Regards

Yeah, I agree it makes more sense to change it to provide games eventually. Currently though, I think the only skin that you can use that with is confluence though, correct? I've been testing my addon with other skins to check the different view types they provide in the listview.
Hi,

just downloaded and tested but i have "select libretro core"

What should i do?
(2015-07-12, 16:03)fatez Wrote: Hi,

just downloaded and tested but i have "select libretro core"

What should i do?

fatez,

You'll have to be using one of garbears pre-released versions of Kodi with Retroplayer for cores to be available. Check this thread.
I added a few more archives today: TurboGrafx 16 and DOS PC Adventure Games (hopefully eventually launchable with a DOSBOX core).

If anyone has any particular archives they're interested in getting added let me know.

Thanks!
Looks great, I'll be trying this out later tonight... Is there a site where we can see the contents of the archives you use? I'm totally unfamiliar with it Smile
Great work zachmorries. Smile

For the MS-DOS collection, there is this one that has more games and genres than the adventure one.

Found this which has loads of old consoles collections like the atari, sega master system and game gear.

Those two collections are stream only, so I dont know how it will behave on kodi. Might be better to leave it as is for now.

As for feedback, will it be possible to have a search menu and categories/genres options once you select an archive? Gets kind of hard if one wants to search for a game that starts with a Z. An option to show all games that start with letter __ will be good too.

Noticed you use http://thegamesdb.net for scrapping boxarts/info/screenshots. If possible, a Gamefaqs scrapper should have more information avaible to find, until thegamesdb gets more entries.

Quote:Looks great, I'll be trying this out later tonight... Is there a site where we can see the contents of the archives you use? I'm totally unfamiliar with it

Internet Archive
thx for the pointer!
Great !! your addon is wonderful...

But I use retroarch and is it possible enable only download file in custom folder ?

The default action on selecting ROM in settings doen't work for me I can't only download.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IARL - Deprecated10