• 14(current)
IARL - Deprecated
I haven't tried yet, but does RetroArch, or OpenELEC have a copy of chdman somewhere? I'm going through the game systems IARL offers and came up to SegaCD which gives you the alert that chdman would be needed. If it's not included, where would I find a version compatible with the Pi2/OpenELEC? I did a quick Google search for it can found some Linux options, but they don't list OpenELEC. Everything else looks like it's a MAME (for Windows) file.

ALSO... I see there is a DOWNLOAD button next to the LAUNCH button. If a game is "downloaded", in what path does it save it to? Is it the same path as the temporary one for when you just want to launch the game? If so, how does IARL know not to erase the downloaded one? If it's in a completely different path, how does IARL know not to download it again in the future when you just chose to launch it? For example, I used to own a Sega Genesis/32x/CD combo, as well as an Atari and an NES and a PS1. I'd like to "download" the roms to the games I used to have so I don't have to temp grab them every time I want to play them. Then all I'd have to do is bring up some Favorites menu (don't see it, was this still being worked on?) and they'd be listed there and already ready to go.
Just checking in.. been playing with this for a while now and everything seems golden. Any further updates?
No update currently. My laptop is still kaput, so I currently don't have a machine to work from :-(
Hopefully around the Xmas timeframe I'll have the ability to make some updates.
That's cool. Something I think you need to review though is the caching function. It seems to work ok if you continue to select the same system after playing a ROM, but it looses that cache if you go somewhere else. I played a bit last night with the Sega Genesis, then switched over to NES, then back to Genesis. The last time I went into this addon, I had a list written down of what systems I had configured and were working. The way you made it sound, if you don't change any of the settings after loading the lists it should save them, but it clearly didn't. Just something you should look at.
(2015-10-04, 18:47)zachmorris Wrote:
(2015-10-04, 05:23)petanque Wrote: Very good work, i tried your latest and after i made romlaunch_OE.sh executable it starts but always without sound and when i try the same command in terminal the game starts with sound.. Maybe im doing something wrong, need some sleep and will test again tomorrow

Thanks for reporting back. I did add some code in to make the sh file executable, but doesn't look like it's working. I'll see what I can do about that if anything.

Hi, Was the sound issue fixed at all. I spent a good time trying to get Rom Collection Browser and Advanced launcher working with my OpenElec Device with no luck and then came across IARL and absolutely LOVE it. Works a treat but the only issue I have is the sound. If I launch the game from within Retroarch, the sound if fine but if I launch it from IARL, there is no sound ?

I've got my sound set to"HW:0,3" in retroarch which is why it's working in there.

Any help on this would be great and then my setup is complete Smile

Edit - P.S. Is there anyway to point to the ROMS that I own so it doesn't download those specifically when starting game ?
All I can say to this is that on the Raspberry Pi, using the new method he developed for me, the sound works fine. If you're using a different device, I'm not sure what the problem could be. I will say that on the Raspberry Pi, the version of Retroarch we're using actually goes through and identifies the sound device when launching each time. I think I remember seeing a setting in the Retroarch config file where you can directly specify which device to use. Check and make sure your absolutely sure you're using the correct device, or set it up to auto-detect like mine.

Specifically, in my /storage/.kodi/addons/emulator.tools.retroarch/config folder, there is a "retroarch.cfg" file. Look for these settings:

audio_device = "" (with nothing in there, I believe that's when Retroarch automatically identifies it)
audio_enable = "true" (seems obvious but make sure these are set too!)
audio_mute_enable = "false"
(2015-12-08, 20:15)hansolo77 Wrote: All I can say to this is that on the Raspberry Pi, using the new method he developed for me, the sound works fine. If you're using a different device, I'm not sure what the problem could be. I will say that on the Raspberry Pi, the version of Retroarch we're using actually goes through and identifies the sound device when launching each time. I think I remember seeing a setting in the Retroarch config file where you can directly specify which device to use. Check and make sure your absolutely sure you're using the correct device, or set it up to auto-detect like mine.

Specifically, in my /storage/.kodi/addons/emulator.tools.retroarch/config folder, there is a "retroarch.cfg" file. Look for these settings:

audio_device = "" (with nothing in there, I believe that's when Retroarch automatically identifies it)
audio_enable = "true" (seems obvious but make sure these are set too!)
audio_mute_enable = "false"

Thanks. Just tried the - audio_device = "" and still no luck. the other 2 settings were as you stated already.

The audio works fine if I use retroarch directly to launch a game so I know that bit is right - It just doesn't work when I start the ROM from IARL
(2015-10-07, 05:57)zachmorris Wrote:
(2015-10-05, 16:41)petanque Wrote: Wow, i was thinking about if dolphin and mupen64plus on openelec could be possible, nice work lefty420

Can a search function be possible? I think one that can search everything and another on top of games so you only search that list..

Search is included, should be listed at the bottom of all the available game archives.

I'd like to add a 'best of' list. Anyone have a good source of what would be considered best of for retro platforms?

When I try and use the search function in OE v6.0.0 (15.2 isengard) the device reboots itaelf every time ?

Is it just me or do you want a log ?
Is there a command line for Retroarch (similar to -L) that I could try in IARL to force the audio somehow ? Just to try and see if it fixes my issue in post #200.

Just a thought.
(2015-12-08, 19:47)Animal Wrote: Hi, Was the sound issue fixed at all

I've tried launching from OpenElec x86 and OpenElec on RPi, no sound issues for me (not sure which one you're using). I'm guessing though that it's an issue with the launching of retroarch from the retroarch addon specific to your setup. You'd probably have better luck asking about it over in the OE forums, but some of their shell scripts have some code specific to audio setup.
(2015-11-23, 22:52)hansolo77 Wrote: I haven't tried yet, but does RetroArch, or OpenELEC have a copy of chdman somewhere?
ALSO... I see there is a DOWNLOAD button next to the LAUNCH button. If a game is "downloaded", in what path does it save it to?

I think we'll need someone smarter than I am to compile and package chdman for OE before that will work.
Downloading files can be updated for your setup and changed to whatever you want, see the wiki here.
(2015-12-09, 16:40)Animal Wrote: When I try and use the search function in OE v6.0.0 (15.2 isengard) the device reboots itaelf every time ?
Is it just me or do you want a log ?

Yes, please post a log for that.
(2015-12-10, 18:19)zachmorris Wrote:
(2015-12-08, 19:47)Animal Wrote: Hi, Was the sound issue fixed at all

I've tried launching from OpenElec x86 and OpenElec on RPi, no sound issues for me (not sure which one you're using). I'm guessing though that it's an issue with the launching of retroarch from the retroarch addon specific to your setup. You'd probably have better luck asking about it over in the OE forums, but some of their shell scripts have some code specific to audio setup.

Thanks. I'm using x86. I'll have a look around and see if I can fix it, working great otherwise Smile
OK, I've got a working laptop again Big Grin

Some significant changes made today:
- Updated external launching database with OpenElec RPi commands, added shell script file to support launching for RPi OpenElec. I believe this should work now as packaged with IARL, but I haven't fully tested it yet.
- Fixed bug for download cancel button, now it will actually cancel the download
- Added option for manually entered command line external launch commands via context menu. Now the user can enter whatever external launch command line they wish from the Kodi GUI.
- Fixed the cache lists bug (I think). This seemed to be a bug in xbmcswift2 which unfortunately is no longer supported. I've packaged an updated version of xbmcswift with my addon. I believe the issue was that xbmcswift was saving a pickle file starting with a period/dot. Windows didn't like that very much.
- Fixed banner, clearart, poster artwork inclusion from Kodi skins. This was also a limitation with current implementation of xbmcswift2. Now banners, posters, clearart, fanart, etc all show if the skin supports it. Rescraped archive lists include images from the consolegrid website, so depending on the skin you're using, the look can be pretty close to what Steam does.
- Added Gameboy classic archive (1280 Games Filtered / 1600 Unfiltered). Launching games works with the latest version of Retroplayer!
- Included console images with the addon. It appears thegamesdb is changing it's console images (which is the source I was using), so the console image was empty if not already scraped. I've just included them in the addon directly so I don't have to continually update them if they change.

These changes are available from github, haven't pushed them to the repository yet since I haven't tested it yet. I do suggest you backup any xml files you've made for IARL, since I'm unsure if they're overwritten automagically from a repository push or not.
After work today, I'm going to be off for 2 days. I plan on completely removing IARL and RetroArch from my R.Pi2 and going with a fresh install of your latest version IARL and the latest OpenELEC/Lakka builds. Of course, I'll have a backup of my SD card before fiddling. Smile I'll report any findings/issues I see.

So if I understand correctly, you've now incorporated all the things we worked on previously with the launching of the RetroArch for R.Pi2 users? Or is there still some things I'll need to do first to make it work? Also, you say you have added Gameboy with "1280 Games Filtered / 1600 Unfiltered". That brings up a question I meant to ask.. how can we get the unfiltered list should we decide to want to do that? Do you have or plan to have a switch setting in the IARL configuration to chose that?
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IARL - Deprecated10