• 19(current)
IARL - Deprecated
(2016-01-31, 14:32)blackyesnegro Wrote: Hi zack, Kodibuntu Isengard 15.2. I'm getting the following error when I try to update external launcher command

Thats fixed in the latest version. Update the addon to 1.4.3 and it should work.
it doesn't work anymore the n64 startup command...i think because Retrarch updated the Mupen64 core? im not sure, how does i get the right name now for start command
(2016-02-01, 08:38)Shinoby92 Wrote: it doesn't work anymore the n64 startup command...i think because Retrarch updated the Mupen64 core? im not sure, how does i get the right name now for start command

A different user stated the same thing. Appears to be an issue with Retroarch, but it's fixed with an update of the core.
Just a quick question about mame core, since there is several core to choose from, which is by your experience the most compatible one? With the one i m using capcom rom don't start ( like xmen vs street fighters) ...i was wondering if their was a core that played everything or well, the most games there is....
Thanks!
(2016-02-03, 21:58)bakito Wrote: Just a quick question about mame core, since there is several core to choose from, which is by your experience the most compatible one? With the one i m using capcom rom don't start ( like xmen vs street fighters) ...i was wondering if their was a core that played everything or well, the most games there is....
Thanks!

The default romset in IARL is currently 0.151 (although there's now a newer version available 0.161). You can load the core in retroarch to see what version the core is under 'core information'. Garbears core's table also shows which version is which. In general, I'd guess any version above 151 would be preferred, but I know the MAME folks often change files within a romset when it makes sense to, but that can cause issues with backward compatibility. If you have a couple examples let me know, I can see if updating to the 161 romset would help or not.
ok thanks, i checked the link you post seems the last core is just called "mame" ( 0.166) I will test it as soon as I get the time...
cheers
Hey Zach. I previously posted about the dubious nature and quality of the PS1 game copies that your plugin links to (and currently still does), not only because where they originated but also because of content manually stripped from many of the games.

I'm commenting again because of some good news. There's actually a better set of NTSC-U PS1 ISOs available on the Internet Archive! They're Redump.org-verified copies, so they should all be byte-perfect with the retail discs. I can PM the link to you if providing it publicly in this thread would be a violation of forum rules. I'm not sure it would, though, considering where archive.org stands on legal grounds.
(2016-02-09, 08:13)bleakassassin Wrote: Hey Zach. I previously posted about the dubious nature and quality of the PS1 game copies that your plugin links to (and currently still does), not only because where they originated but also because of content manually stripped from many of the games.

I'm commenting again because of some good news. There's actually a better set of NTSC-U PS1 ISOs available on the Internet Archive! They're Redump.org-verified copies, so they should all be byte-perfect with the retail discs. I can PM the link to you if providing it publicly in this thread would be a violation of forum rules. I'm not sure it would, though, considering where archive.org stands on legal grounds.

I don't recall your post, but thanks, I'll take a look for the new archive. There are several new archives on the IA that I saw that I'd like to include in the new release, like Amiga and Coleco games. PS1 I'd like to rescrape anyway mainly because the metadata for a lot of those games isn't correct. No-Intro and Redump are ideal collections because I can scrape by a games crc/md5 and leave guessing out of the equation.
Hello I tested every mame core and none of them make capcom playable, I must have miss something to play them ...but i don't know what ....?
(2016-02-09, 18:57)bakito Wrote: Hello I tested every mame core and none of them make capcom playable, I must have miss something to play them ...but i don't know what ....?

The one game you mention, Xmen Vs. Street Fighter, loads for me on MAME 2010 on OSX. I also tried it using Final Burn Alpha (FBA), which is a CPS2 emulator, and that worked as well. You might have better luck with FBA. As far as IARL goes though, it loads the necessary files to play the game, just a matter of finding the right emulator.

The game did not load for me using Retroplayers MAME core. It seems to get stuck in the 'loading Machines' screen in the MAME emulator itself and then hangs.
Yes i have been on retroarch forum, seems that it work on macos but In windows i have to use fba core....will try as soon as i can !
Thanks for your answers !
Cheers
Thanks for the tip regarding mame2010. I was switching between FBA and Mame. 2010 seems to have a wider compatibility.

Bakito have you tried mame2010 from here That's link is for x86_64 Just navigate to your required system if your not on 64bit. Try libretro_mame2010 and replace in your retroarch's libtretro folder.

Zack there doesn't seem to be a external command for mame2010 showing. I've entered the custom command, just a heads up. Its only showing mame and mame078 in the external laucher command.
Awesome sauce as usual ! and did someone say Amiga !! Smile
Thanks for your help gentlemen, sadly the mame 2010 from your link does not work too, BUT the fba cores ,cps or cps2 does work!
I just have to switch between cores depending on which game I want to play... It is a bit sad but it is a retroarch problem, hopefully fixed someday ! Or maybe I can manage some sort of capcom menu where I put all capcom game i like to play often.... But this is a minor trouble....
Again thanks for your help and your work!!
Cheers!
And by the way, AMIGA !!!

Ps: is there a way to separate japanese rom from us ones? It is just cosmectic really, because for snes the box are wide for us but poster for japanese... Don t bother too much on this one it is really a very minor issue...
Again thanks!!
(2016-02-10, 17:31)lefty420 Wrote: Thanks for the tip regarding mame2010. I was switching between FBA and Mame. 2010 seems to have a wider compatibility.

Bakito have you tried mame2010 from here That's link is for x86_64 Just navigate to your required system if your not on 64bit. Try libretro_mame2010 and replace in your retroarch's libtretro folder.

Zack there doesn't seem to be a external command for mame2010 showing. I've entered the custom command, just a heads up. Its only showing mame and mame078 in the external laucher command.
Awesome sauce as usual ! and did someone say Amiga !! Smile

Thanks - I'll have to take a look at the cores again, thats kind of a moving target, but now that retroarch 1.3 is out, I can add what cores are available for each system into the launch commmand db.

Unfortunately, there's no Amiga core yet. There's a UAE core in work, but not sure when that will be released. In the meantime, it should (in theory) work with standalone Amiga emulators.
(2016-02-10, 21:05)bakito Wrote: Thanks for your help gentlemen, sadly the mame 2010 from your link does not work too, BUT the fba cores ,cps or cps2 does work!
I just have to switch between cores depending on which game I want to play... It is a bit sad but it is a retroarch problem, hopefully fixed someday ! Or maybe I can manage some sort of capcom menu where I put all capcom game i like to play often.... But this is a minor trouble....
Again thanks for your help and your work!!
Cheers!
And by the way, AMIGA !!!

Ps: is there a way to separate japanese rom from us ones? It is just cosmectic really, because for snes the box are wide for us but poster for japanese... Don t bother too much on this one it is really a very minor issue...
Again thanks!!

You can copy and edit the game xml files directly to create you're own lists, or create a favorites list from Kodi directly (although that might take a while if you're doing a lot of games).

What I was envisioning in the first place with this addon was to allow users to trade their own lists of games. All the images, descriptions, titles, etc can be edited as you like. If any users have a good list, please link it here (using pastebin or a similar site) Big Grin
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IARL - Deprecated10