• 9(current)
IARL - Deprecated
(2015-10-05, 16:41)petanque Wrote: Wow, i was thinking about if dolphin and mupen64plus on openelec could be possible, nice work lefty420

Can a search function be possible? I think one that can search everything and another on top of games so you only search that list..

Yeah man the addon version of mupen64plus is far superior than the retroarch core. The addon supports the rice plugin and Hi Res textures, which runs amazingly considering with my old set-up.
Chemstar's other emulator ports could be added also without much hassle ppsspp and f-uae for example. Dolphin runs very well considering my old graphics card but I'm thinking of updating to a new gpu just to play some Luigi's Mansion Smile
(2015-10-05, 17:52)Scourge Wrote: I might just be blind, but if I favorite a game, where can I find it afterwards?

Looks like favoriting does not work Undecided. I'll have to add that to my list of things to include.
(2015-10-05, 16:41)petanque Wrote: Wow, i was thinking about if dolphin and mupen64plus on openelec could be possible, nice work lefty420

Can a search function be possible? I think one that can search everything and another on top of games so you only search that list..

Search is included, should be listed at the bottom of all the available game archives.

I'd like to add a 'best of' list. Anyone have a good source of what would be considered best of for retro platforms?
Update 10-6-15:

- Added Sega Saturn: 1336 Games
- Updated external launch commands to allow more generic launching from xml file, and added some wiki onto on how to.
- Added Lefty's OpenElec launcher commands
- Removed chmod commands since they dont work. Wiki updated with instructions
- Updated addon.xml per Garbear - works!
- Added art for OSD (clear logos and posters/thumbs, although it doesnt look like confluence uses it)

If you're going to try Yabuse / Saturn, I recommend getting a region free bios. Some of the testing I did had strange results because of the disc region and my original bios file. Games look like they boot just fine in Retroplayer, they're just a little choppy, but that could be my old compy.
@zachmorris can you update the repo? I wanna head to devcon in the morning with the latest version
Doh! I knew I forgot something. OK, it's there now.
Updated to 1.2.4:
- Fixed OpenElec external launch function error
- Added additional windows external launching functions (more cores seem to be available now)
- Added additional post DL actions (renaming game gear rom after download fixes the launch issue for example, additional post download actions for bin/cue files - depending on the core, some look for the bin file, some look for the cue file)
- Implemented Random Play Option
- Fixed bin launching in Retroplayer per Garbears input. All the bin extension rom archives appear to launch from IARL now.

Anyone have the savvy to compile a version of CHDMAN for OpenElec? I'm not able to find one thats already available. It would make additional archives available for OpenElec users.
do you need an additional package in OpenELEC? I can probably add it (familiarity comes when you write 3,000 lines of shell script for a build system)
Renaming gamegear seems to have fixed the rom loading Smile but I'm not getting any controls. This might be be a retroarch.cfg thing ill have a look in greater detail. The only other emulator not working is msx I'll have a look at the core to see if there is an issue. Apart from that everything runs like a dream in openelec. You still need to chmod the script after every update, and set up each emulator but after that its perfect. Excellent work ! If you and gearbear could get chdman working that would be the icing on the cake. Great stuff guys Smile

I made a compatibility list for Openelec as of the latest build here I'll update it as I test more cores.
(2015-10-09, 10:06)garbear Wrote: do you need an additional package in OpenELEC? I can probably add it (familiarity comes when you write 3,000 lines of shell script for a build system)

Yeah, I need a version of CHDMAN that can be used in OpenElec for specific archives (convert the file post download for Retroplayer to be able to use it). It might be possible to use a linux version of CHDMAN, but again I'm not savvy enough to understand how to 'install' the executable so my addon can use it.
what core are you guys using for mame? i get very mixed results..

Openelec 6 beta - Retroarch addon by tssemek addon
I use the standard mame core but I'm using 5.0.8. What type of issues are you experiencing ?
Manly some games won't start like neogeo ones, some from Capcom and etc,
(2015-10-17, 15:24)dudumaroja Wrote: Manly some games won't start like neogeo ones, some from Capcom and etc,

The MAME romset is the 0.151 set, so any version of MAME beyond that is probably best. NeoGeo and Capcom work for me on a mac, so i assume it's the core you're using. IARL in general should download the game of interest and any supporting files required to run the game (neogeo.zip being a good example), but if you're getting an error saying something like 'cant find file xxx' when you load the game, the core is probably looking for a supporting file. You can do a search for MESS/MAME 151 bios files and it might fix your problem.

I've also been able to get Atari Lynx and Atari 7800 to finally work. Atari Lynx roms come in a headerless format, which unfortunately libretro can't play, so I've written some code to insert the header post download. Atari 7800 also requires a ProSystem.dat in your systems folder so the games are recognized. Without the dat file I was getting a black screen. I'll include the Lynx fix in my next update.

I found the Lakka documentation on what bios and other supporting files required to be helpful.
Excellent progress Smile That Lakka documentation is a gem of a find.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IARL - Deprecated10