• 2(current)
IARL - Deprecated
(2015-07-26, 14:32)Heat Wrote: For the MS-DOS collection, there is this one that has more games and genres than the adventure one.

Thanks for the pointer. I looked at the collection, and yeah it looked a lot better. I updated/replaced the MS-DOS XML source for everything in that collection, which actually made it pretty easy by pointing to the mobygames URL for additional artwork. Mobygames has a lot of artwork avilable.

(2015-07-26, 14:32)Heat Wrote: As for feedback, will it be possible to have a search menu and categories/genres options once you select an archive? Gets kind of hard if one wants to search for a game that starts with a Z. An option to show all games that start with letter __ will be good too.

Those are good suggestions. I'll add that to my list of things to do.

(2015-07-27, 11:59)yallah Wrote: Great !! your addon is wonderful...

But I use retroarch and is it possible enable only download file in custom folder ?

The default action on selecting ROM in settings doen't work for me I can't only download.

Yep, thats on my list of things to update.

Thanks!
Noticed that sometimes there are two or more entries of the same game(e.g The Adams Family for snes). Could it be possible to make it so that if the addon sees two versions, it will only show one?

Have encountered an error once I tried to download one, saying something like "A storage file is corrupted. It is recommended to it." the file stays at 0 KB, and I need to close kodi to delete it.

Got another recommendation: changing the color of the game's menu, that red and white text is really harsh on my eyes. XD

Perhaps darker colors, so it has a better contrast with the white text. Or make it a mini menu like the one you see when right clicking a file on kodi, with download or launch. The game's description can be put below the artwork or to the side if in another view.
(2015-07-30, 01:54)Heat Wrote: Have encountered an error once I tried to download one, saying something like "A storage file is corrupted. It is recommended to it." the file stays at 0 KB, and I need to close kodi to delete it.

I've noticed this too, particularly for some of the NES games. Initially it was an issue with URL quoting, but I've found that even with the URL correct, it sometimes returns an empty file. If you go and attempt to download the file from a web browser, you'll also get a 0 byte file, so it's something with the Archive itself. Depending on the system though, there may be another source I could use.
Update on 08-09:

- Added context menu for alternate download location (launching from an alternate location not yet implemented, currently it will only launch games with Retroplayer from the default save location)
- Added post download file check (if the archive returns and empty file it will delete it and let you know)
- Added hooks for alternate/external launcher use (not yet fully implemented)
- Added a second source for NES games. This ones seems to be more complete. Currently Retroplayer won't launch these games though since they're zipped (unzipping post download to be implemented)
Nice work Wink
Yep very nice work , but don't know how can I change download location.
(2015-08-11, 08:20)yallah Wrote: Yep very nice work , but don't know how can I change download location.

Hi Yallah,

You can edit the download location for each game Archive by selecting your desired Archive (NES for example), then bringing up the context menu. The option is called 'Update Download Path', and after selecting it, it should walk you through the steps to update the download location.

I started a small wiki here containing info on the settings for this addon.

Thanks!
find it !! Smile

thx
Update for 08-16-15:
- Added a post-download option to unzip the file if it's in zip format
- Added initial support for external launch commands. Currently the only external launcher supported is Retroarch on Mac OSX (since thats the platform I'm developing on). Actually works pretty well Big Grin

I've been testing using the NES Second Source Archive. Every file I've tested downloads and unzipping / launching with Retroplayer or an External Launch command seems to work.
you should make xbmcswift2 a dependancy. I installed your addon on a fresh Kodi from garbear and it doesn't work until I installed another addon, that requires xbmcswift2 like "Radio"
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2015-08-21, 17:47)Solo0815 Wrote: you should make xbmcswift2 a dependancy. I installed your addon on a fresh Kodi from garbear and it doesn't work until I installed another addon, that requires xbmcswift2 like "Radio"

Hmm. Thats strange. Looks like it should import it as a dependency, it is listed in the addon.xml
Maybe it is because I installed it directly -> copied it to .kodi/addons and restarted Kodi. I didn't use "install from ZIP", because I thought the downloaded ZIP from github didn't work Smile
If it where in a repo ... Wink
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
I've imported all the emulators that IARL requires, except for MAME. Build has been posted in the build thread.

I haven't run-time tested most emulators, and the ones that I have tried are typically broken or lack VFS support. SNES, for example, can't load ROMs from within zips, so they'll have to be extracted first.

I added a small feature to RetroPlayer, if the rom is extracted, it can be run by playing the unzipped directory. RetroPlayer will scan the directory for game files and play whatever file has a compatible game extension. This means that all the logic choosing game clients and ROM files can be contained within the player instead of IARL.

Corollary to this, plugins can play zips directly. RetroPlayer will scan for all VFS-compatible emulators that support a file within the zip, and offer the user this choice.

I also have some fixes for zachmorris in #3

Now that IARL is getting close to having some working emulators, creating a repo (like RCB) would be nice
Downloaded the newest version here today, and I noticed that if I have another source from the file manager, it will just show that source when you want to set a custom update path. So no Home or OS directories to chose from (only got roms as a source since that's the folder I added on file manager).

Also that source from the pc engine games always give me an error telling me the selected file is not there.
Updates 08-23-15:
Incorporated fixes from garbear for the new version of retroplayer. In addition, the addon will now show up in games.
Updated the xml archives for a few things: TG16 should now work (error in the file extension). The default post-download action is now to unzip the file if it's zipped to support launching.
Made a few fixes in the addon.py to support launching. I've tested for a bit tonight with the new version of retroplayer and these addon fixes. Currently I get the following:
Sega 32X:
Doesn't currently launch with Yabuse core. Retroplayer doesn't appear to recognize 32x file extension currently.
Genesis:
Launches with Genplus core. Appears to be working.
Master System:
Launches with Genplus core, although it didn't launch direclty from the addon. I had to browse to the downloaded file to launch.. Not sure why yet.
NES:
Launches with Nestopia (didn't check others). Appears to be working
SNES:
Launches with B-SNES. Appears to be working.
N64:
Crashes when attempting to launch.
MS-DOS Games:
Launches with DOSBox core (Oregon Trail, Awesome!), however it doesn't currently launch directly from the addon. I need to update the launch path command post download for dosbox since the 'rom' is a folder. Need to point the launcher to the exe file.
TG16:
Launches with PCE-Fast, although it crashes after a few seconds.

Not perfect, but definitely progress! Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and code commits, it's much appreciated.
In addition, I'll look into how to setup a repository.

Thanks!
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IARL - Deprecated10