• 4(current)
IARL - Deprecated
Nope, it doesn't. try modifying addon.xml

if two <provides> tags are given, the add-on may show up under both. In addon.xml of the zip file, change it to

Code:
<extension point="xbmc.python.pluginsource" library="addon.py">
    <provides>video</provides>
    <provides>game</provides>
  </extension>
It worked!! Thanks for your help
I'm unable to run IARL in the latest Retroplayer for Windows build from garbear.
Win 8.1Pro 64-bit
logs:
http://xbmclogs.com/pyygqucvm
Install from zip instead of copying files directly. That way kodi has a chance to install needed dependencies (in this case, xbmcswift2)
I feel like an @ss... thank you for pointing this out. Should've read that from earlier in the thread. Smile
Got another sorting method that should be added if possible, sort by regions. Only showing for the selected region, maybe adding (US),(EU) or (JP) at the end of the name.
Update 09-07-15
- Added Game Boy Color archive
- Added external launching commands for Windows OS

Also, I'm looking to add external RetroArch launching capability for OpenElec and Android. Anyone have any good documentation on how the command line works for either of these OS's?
@Milhouse pointed me to this link: http://openelec.tv/forum/128-addons/6497...32-64-bits
Has anyone here had luck with this on a FireTV?

I was able to get the zip file installed last night but could only view the config screen. When I hit launch, nothing happened. I have RetroArch installed and it works fine but is there something I'm missing. Thanks!
(2015-09-09, 15:53)subwoofer Wrote: Has anyone here had luck with this on a FireTV?

I was able to get the zip file installed last night but could only view the config screen. When I hit launch, nothing happened. I have RetroArch installed and it works fine but is there something I'm missing. Thanks!

I'd love to work on this for Android and OpenElec/RPi boxes, because honestly I see thats where this addon is actually most useful: for small boxes with little storage. Unfortunately, I've got neither which makes it difficult. Currently the best you could hope for is to be able to download a game and then manually launch it with RetroArch, and I'm not even sure if that works.
Thanks for letting me know that it doesn't work yet on Android. What makes porting it to that platform so difficult? Could you mimic how ROM Collection Browser and that command line to launch the RetroArch apk?
(2015-09-09, 17:14)subwoofer Wrote: Thanks for letting me know that it doesn't work yet on Android. What makes porting it to that platform so difficult? Could you mimic how ROM Collection Browser and that command line to launch the RetroArch apk?

I'll look into that. It's not impossible, just difficult since I can't actually review/test any changes I'd make.
So, bascally what you need is someone to provide you with the hardware? Any specific requirements?
Nexus player is on sale for $50 via Groupon today fyi
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2015-09-01, 10:59)Scourge Wrote: I feel like an @ss... thank you for pointing this out. Should've read that from earlier in the thread. Smile

Just to be clear, are you saying it's working for you now? When I try to launch a game in Windows, I get a weird flash, and then nothing happens. I was worried that I was doing something wrong, so here are the steps to easily reproduce this problem. At least for me.

Start with a clean install of 2015-8-27 Windows build.

Install IARL zip. Evidently IARL is already installed in this build, but is missing some depends? So I installed the zip and supposedly the depends got installed.

Configure your controller.

Launch IARL. Try to click on a game. Weird flash of failure.

Here's a pastebin of the most recent effort. http://pastebin.com/EdgmY2wH

Here's a video showing it not working.

After doing the clean install attempt. I then went into settings and turned off cache rom lists. Same thing happened.

pastebin: http://pastebin.com/8niWr6cF
video:

• 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IARL - Deprecated10