Kodi 15.0 RC Mess
Well thanks to all for putting Kodi 15.0 RC into Goggle Play and thus allowing it to install and over ride Kodi 14.2. Two of my Tabs downloaded and installed it before I could stop it and now I'm unable to use Kodi as it is now in a loop and plays the intro music time and time again and nothing else. I've now got to remove it from my Tab and start with a Fresh install and then set it back up to how I had them before
1 very unhappy Sheep here.
iechyd da
Well, blame Google for allowing non-store installed apps to be overriden by store upgrades (they can know where the apk was installed from).
(2015-07-06, 12:08)sheepybach Wrote: Well thanks to all for putting Kodi 15.0 RC into Goggle Play and thus allowing it to install and over ride Kodi 14.2. Two of my Tabs downloaded and installed it before I could stop it and now I'm unable to use Kodi as it is now in a loop and plays the intro music time and time again and nothing else. I've now got to remove it from my Tab and start with a Fresh install and then set it back up to how I had them before
1 very unhappy Sheep here.
iechyd da

I plagiarise this from another forum wishing I had thought of it and that is:

You have been given gold and complain it is too heavy.
This is an inherit problem with autoupdating that is not unique to Kodi. If people keep the default setting of allowing auto updates for an Android device (or nearly any device with an app store) then this kind of thing can happen.

As for the actual problem, I'm not sure I understand at all. If you want to give us more details then we can see about preventing this issue. If you're just going to delete everything and start fresh, then it will probably still happen when v15 final is released.
@sheepybach,
You should be thanking them for them teaching you that, YOU, the user, should manage which programs are allowed to be updated, changed, or just plain can be removed from your device without notice rather than being lead around like(Dare I type it?) sheep, by a conglomerate that has you snookered into trusting their every decision being made for you! Honestly, I think you really have to own iStuff or Amazon devices for the full lesson. You've been given a great gift, the gift of wisdom gained through experience.

Ok, I'm kidding you, a little... but, think about it. BTW, I bet that backup of your setup you made is coming in handy now!

Diplomacy: the art of somewhat politely confusing the hell out of the other guy just long enough to plant your foot in his posterior and thereby force him to re-evaluate his current position. Ok, maybe that's not an official definition. Maybe it should be. ;-)
Well since this is the 1st time it has happened for me I was a bit cheesed off that I had to do a fresh install.
Ned,
Kodi updated from Helix 14.2 to Isengard 15.0 RC 1, it then started as normal with the start screen went to my home screen for a few seconds and then back to the 1st run screen and it kept doing that and nothing else. The only way out was to remove 15.0 RC1 and install Helix 14.2 and set it back up again, plus I unticked auto update in Google Play.
There was music during that?
(2015-07-07, 10:12)Ned Scott Wrote: There was music during that?

Ned

Yes I've done a short video of it but due to things I can't do it as it should be done

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wt91bcoki1uctk...0.mp4?dl=0

can you get to that link please?
That's not from us o.O
Don't blame us for non-official stuff you install and kills your tablet.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-07-07, 09:47)sheepybach Wrote: Well since this is the 1st time it has happened for me I was a bit cheesed off that I had to do a fresh install.
Ned,
Kodi updated from Helix 14.2 to Isengard 15.0 RC 1, it then started as normal with the start screen went to my home screen for a few seconds and then back to the 1st run screen and it kept doing that and nothing else. The only way out was to remove 15.0 RC1 and install Helix 14.2 and set it back up again, plus I unticked auto update in Google Play.

I'm having to do the same. I'm having major video playback issues (picture and sound), as well as crashes. I can crash it by simply trying to run the Cinema Experience add-on. There are also issues with the Add-on manager - it either gets stuck or just crashes during an install/update. Shame, because there is definitely an overall improvement in the GUI performance; it's very responsive. Overall it's definitely heading in the right direction Nod

I've just uploaded my logs, and I'm going to revert back to 14.2 for the time being.

D
Hey Guys I'm not blaming any of you I've just pointed out a wee problem that when it auto updated from 14.2 to 15.0 RC. The background is my own and I'm using a different skin but still 1 in Kodi repo.
TBH I was only making others aware that they may suffer the same and you guys in case there was something your end, I removed everything and installed 15.0 RC and set it up as I had it before and there's np at all.
having "Kodi 15.0 RC Mess" as thread title doesn't really come over as "pointing out something"
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
ok my bad can you change it for me then please?
In the main Android page that contains all the threads just click an Hold your thread Title to edit the Title of your thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 15.0 RC Mess0