CEC & Samsung Remote & Live TV
Hi Guys!

I'm very very new kodi user Smile
I have samsung tv (2013 yo / F series) & minix neo x8 plus & Kodi 14.2 & Simple IPTV plugin
I'm trying to control Kodi via Samsung remote.
Navigation works fine, problem happens when I'm trying to change Live TV channels via remote.
1. I can't use channel up/down buttons, if I press channel up button on the remote TV swiches off from HDMI source to the Antena source
2. Entering channel number on ther remote does not work as well. So I didn't found a way to change a channel from the remote at all

Is it solvable using CEC?

One more newbie question, does it make sence to bye universal remote if voth box & TV support CEC?
If so could you reccomend one? I never ever had universal remote before Smile

Thank you very much for you answers.
I think this is a limitation on your TV or of the minix box. Either the buttons are not even being forwarded to the box, or they are but the box does nothing with them and so Kodi doesn't see any commands. CEC on Android is actually handled completely by Android itself, and then sends Kodi a few basic buttons. This is different than on the Raspberry Pi or the Pulse Eight USB CEC adapter, which is full CEC support and two-way CEC communication.
this is happening when (lib)CEC registers itself as PLAYBACK device type (not recorder).
at least it is valid with mine two Samsung TVs.

libCEC is choosing RECORDER type by default, but can change to PLAYBACK with TV specific handler (case of LG TVs).
that means Samsung should not be the case. anyhow there can be other reasons - if there are more CEC devices on the bus and all (three) logical addresses (1, 2, 9) are already taken.
on the other hand libCEC needs to be specifically told to use additional device type and XBMC (with upstream code) is set to RECORDER by default.

(no idea how it works on android and maybe the above is not applicable at all. still it provides some background info to think about/follow up).
Guys VERY sorry, now it work (man how awesome is it). I had mouse & keyboard connected, seems like CEC does not work properly in that case. I just disconnected mouse/keuyboardf and rebooted the box and now I can fully control Kodi.

Sure I cannot change channels with channel up/dows buttons, instead I have to use navigation buttons (up/down). Entering channel number works fine.

Again sorry fort posting to early.

PS:
Love Kodi!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CEC & Samsung Remote & Live TV0