Linux Ubuntu 15.04 + RS880 with OSDriver = no GL_NV_vdpau_interop
I already replied. Alex Deucher (chief dev) has already replied.

What you currently use btw. is his option 1 :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
It's still not entirely clear to me why the GL_NV_vdpau_interop extension isn't enabled on the RS880 GPU. Is this a limitation in the driver or in the hardware? Because it seems strange to me that this would only partially be implemented in hardware. But maybe I'm not seeing it right. Also, the extension was enabled on some earlier versions of mesa, like 10.0, 10.1 and 10.2, so it doesn't seem entirely related to hardware.
The current implementation needs some specific output from the UVD (hardware) which your card cannot do (!) Therefore this implementation won't work for you and therefore it is disabled on your hardware.

It is perfectly clear that in your case a software / driver workaround can be written in the driver to make it work, e.g. splitting the data into two fields. This involves copying and performance won't be that good. But as this is not done yet - your hw does not support the full extension.

I hope that you got it now. Why I talk about "hardware" all the time.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ah, thank you. I wasn't exactly sure where the hardware came into play here, thanks for clearing that up.
From what I'm reading in the bug report, it seems like all radeon GPU's have the partial functionality available. And since this partial functionality is the only part that Kodi needs, couldn't the check for the interop extension just be removed? At least, for UVD hardware. Then you wouldn't need to override it with an environment variable. Or does Kodi really need the field-based interop? I'd assume that if so, it wouldn't be working for me right now.
No. It can't cause intel cards with vdpau wrappers or VIA gpus would also start that and they cannot do interop at all.

You got your workaround already. You can PR a change if you want:

-> Detect the workaround, save it to a member, check that member whenever YUV interop would be used, force enable the mixer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ubuntu 15.04 + RS880 with OSDriver = no GL_NV_vdpau_interop0