v14 Hangs for 15 minutes when awoken from idle
This has been happening for a while and seems to affect multiple OSes (Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, RaspBMC). At first I thought that Kodi/XBMC was just freezing up when I tried to wake it and would kill it using whatever method was convenient, but once I waited around and noticed that it would start responding again after a while. Further testing showed it would start working again around 15 minutes later. I'm putting this under the Linux sub-section as this is the machine that I finally got the logs for.

I get the feeling that this might have something to do with my setup... I'm running a MySQL server on the same machine that the Kodi from this report is running on. I'm fetching files on a HDD hooked up to my router and shared over Samba. If there's any known issues with that then please let me know.

Machine:

Linux 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt11-1 (2015-05-24) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Kodi:

14.2 Git:Unknown (Compiled May 25 2015)
I got this through the deb-multimedia package using apt.

Debug Log:

http://paste.debian.net/279644/
The wake-from sleep happened at 17:25:50, I saw Kodi light up and the autoscrolling text from the show that was currently highlighted began to move, then Kodi locked up at 17:26:14 and didn't resume until 17:41:45 with the "MYSQL server has gone. Will try 4 more attempt(s) to reconnect." message. I'm not sure if MySQL is a red herring or not, but that's always the first message to appear when Kodi starts responding again.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
--Kainsin
Welcome to the forums.

I think what it is is your network card doesn't wakeup when system is restored.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hangs for 15 minutes when awoken from idle0