Problems with Custom Videos
I love PSTV. I have setup 50+ channels, hundreds of shows, 1500+ movies. It's addicting. I decided to add the entire Khan Academy collection to help family who are considering going back to school. Sadly there are no scrapers available for educational videos. So I would like to just manually add them. What is the best way to go about this? Here are a few things I've tried:

1.)I used the justfilename scaper to add them as movies, and I see them in my movie database, but they still will not show up in any PSTV channels.

2.)I've experimented with utilities to create the NFO files, and successfully scanned the show into my TV database. Setting a TV channel to this show, or even it's genre still doesn't get the channels working.

3.)I set the channel as the directory containing the Khan videos and this did not add they did not show up. I tried this three different times, once while the videos were added as movies, once as tv shows, and once while they were not added at all. No luck.

4.)I've created smart playlists, and I can see the khan videos in the playlists and they work perfectly fine. I then setup the PSTV channel as a smart playlist and it won't play anything.

5.)Kodi log has this error in it: ERROR: script.pseudotv-ChannelList: Unable to get information about channel.

*I am aware there is a setting for blocking very short videos, I made sure this was disabled the entire time.
**I've reinstalled kodi on a few different machines to make sure it wasn't something in the userdata that was a problem.
***When working with TV shows I have been obeying the standard naming conventions. For example: Khan Academy Math 01 Arithmetic - 01X01 - Basic Addition.mp4

I suspect I am missing some kind of meta data in the nfo files, so I've been researching NFO file creators, and tools and experimenting but nothing has worked so far. I've seen the adding custom videos wiki and followed it's directions with no luck.
You are probably missing duration info which is very important to PTVL. Read this old thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=...pid1382025
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Thank you, That did it. Forgive me, the guide for STRM channels didn't seem relevant to the problem.

I had assumed (!) that since Kodi is detecting the durations when I add it to the TV/Movie library, that PSTV would be able to use that. That doesn't seem to be the case. It looks like I can just assign arbitrary run times and not have any issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with Custom Videos0