Why does PseudoTV end a show early and jump into the next one?
[Thread Closed] - No logs were ever submitted for review.

I've posted this too many times already, everyone keeps ignoring it but I really need an answer as Google doesn't provide one and neither do these forums.

So I've set up a custom comedy channel for example. This morning I was watching South Park and it had 5-6 minutes left before the show was over. Out of nowhere, PseudoTV decides "hey it'll be funny if I stop playback right now and start the next program". Seriously, no one else in the world seems to have had this problem so let me make it simple.

Am I missing something on my comedy channels configuration like channel rules? Should I press play in real time? Even though that's an option already selected in PTVLive addon settings.

Seriously, even a hint would be nice at this point.
Sometimes this happens to me also I thought I was just normal
Well you and I are the only ones. An answer doesn't exist on Google, I can't even use this addon because that part is driving me crazy. Cool concept but what's the point in using it if it doesn't work properly? I'd hate to be showing it off to my friends and have it prematurely end my shows.

In other words, no it's not normal and no one in the world has any idea why this happens. Very frustrating, I'm basically learning all about the Kodi project by myself.
I haven't encountered this problem because I mostly watch live tv channels but have you checked to make sure that the runtimes for the shows that are ending too soon are correct in your library? After my daughter finishes Scooby Doo, I'll see if I have the same problem.

Edit: I didn't have the issue at all. If the tv episode information is correct in the library and you still have the problem, you should make a log file and post in the Bug section. Good luck!
Brevity should never equate to rudeness.
Maybe it has something to do with the way your media has been scraped and the indicated durations or the way the duration is formatted.
(2015-07-07, 20:59)mwkurt Wrote: Maybe it has something to do with the way your media has been scraped and the indicated durations or the way the duration is formatted.

That's interesting. I checked a South Park episode that cut off early yesterday in PTVL and outside of PTVL it played all the way through so that isn't my issue.

When I set channel rules like force random mode and force real time mode... would that interfere at all? It's seems like a possibility but barring that, I'll post a log of it happens again.
(2015-07-07, 20:59)mwkurt Wrote: Maybe it has something to do with the way your media has been scraped and the indicated durations or the way the duration is formatted.

If that's the problem can I format a different duration?
You would have to remove the episode from your library, clean your library, correct the duration in your nfo file, then re-scrape. You could maybe look at an nfo file from an episode that plays all the way through with one that doesn't and see if the durations are formatted the same. This is all assuming that you use nfo files :-)
(2015-07-08, 12:10)mwkurt Wrote: You would have to remove the episode from your library, clean your library, correct the duration in your nfo file, then re-scrape. You could maybe look at an nfo file from an episode that plays all the way through with one that doesn't and see if the durations are formatted the same. This is all assuming that you use nfo files :-)

What's the alternative if I don't use nfo files?
Alternative to nfos is no nfos. Kodi only needs nfo files if your media is incorrectly named or too obscure to be in online databases.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
That seems very odd. If you have your media in the library and it plays fine outside of PTVL then it should work in PTVL.

A debug log will help the App guy try to troubleshoot this more for you. There might be something in there that shows an error or why it skipped

Cheers!
(2015-07-11, 00:53)wyild1 Wrote: That seems very odd. If you have your media in the library and it plays fine outside of PTVL then it should work in PTVL.

A debug log will help the App guy try to troubleshoot this more for you. There might be something in there that shows an error or why it skipped

Cheers!

And here lies an issue for me. When I enable debugging then it simply doesn't jump shows or channels. I sat down for hours and waited for it to happen but it never did. Once I turn off debugging though... it's so random I can't even guess when it'll happen.

And yeah, all shows play outside of PTVL so I really am stumped. I'm basically stuck in the worst of it right now where I can't even get a proper log going. I'd leave it with debugging enabled all the time but that text is too annoying to look at all the time. Maybe someday I'll get lucky and catch it happening with debugging enabled.
You don't have to have the text showing. From the wiki:

<advancedsettings>
<loglevel>2</loglevel> <!-- Change this to "1" to hide the on-screen debug log text -->
</advancedsettings>
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I had this problem and resolved it by tweaking my NAS device. I had a WD MyCloud that has fancy media sharing options that I had to turn off. Once I turned this off, everything started working properly. I do however still have a problem with buffering occuring if I run the setup over WiFi.

If you are running your videos over the network, try running them locally via USB and see if the problem persists. This is what I did to diagnose the issue.
(2015-07-15, 18:23)walksonhandz Wrote: I had this problem and resolved it by tweaking my NAS device. I had a WD MyCloud that has fancy media sharing options that I had to turn off. Once I turned this off, everything started working properly. I do however still have a problem with buffering occuring if I run the setup over WiFi.

If you are running your videos over the network, try running them locally via USB and see if the problem persists. This is what I did to diagnose the issue.

Well I don't even know what MyCloud is and I'm not using it so that's definitely not the problem.

And plugging my hard drive into my laptop would just absolutely defeat the purpose of having a media server so I doubt that would be a permanent fix.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why does PseudoTV end a show early and jump into the next one?0