Why does PseudoTV end a show early and jump into the next one?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
banananipple Online
I've posted this too many times already, everyone keeps ignoring it but I really need an answer as Google doesn't provide one and neither do these forums.

So I've set up a custom comedy channel for example. This morning I was watching South Park and it had 5-6 minutes left before the show was over. Out of nowhere, PseudoTV decides "hey it'll be funny if I stop playback right now and start the next program". Seriously, no one else in the world seems to have had this problem so let me make it simple.

Am I missing something on my comedy channels configuration like channel rules? Should I press play in real time? Even though that's an option already selected in PTVLive addon settings.

Seriously, even a hint would be nice at this point.
find quote
setitoff Offline
Banned
Sometimes this happens to me also I thought I was just normal
find quote
banananipple Online
Well you and I are the only ones. An answer doesn't exist on Google, I can't even use this addon because that part is driving me crazy. Cool concept but what's the point in using it if it doesn't work properly? I'd hate to be showing it off to my friends and have it prematurely end my shows.

In other words, no it's not normal and no one in the world has any idea why this happens. Very frustrating, I'm basically learning all about the Kodi project by myself.
find quote
bitterkitten Offline
I haven't encountered this problem because I mostly watch live tv channels but have you checked to make sure that the runtimes for the shows that are ending too soon are correct in your library? After my daughter finishes Scooby Doo, I'll see if I have the same problem.

Edit: I didn't have the issue at all. If the tv episode information is correct in the library and you still have the problem, you should make a log file and post in the Bug section. Good luck!
(This post was last modified: Yesterday 19:52 by bitterkitten.)
find quote
mwkurt Offline
Posting Freak
Maybe it has something to do with the way your media has been scraped and the indicated durations or the way the duration is formatted.
find quote
banananipple Online
(Yesterday 20:59)mwkurt Wrote:  Maybe it has something to do with the way your media has been scraped and the indicated durations or the way the duration is formatted.

That's interesting. I checked a South Park episode that cut off early yesterday in PTVL and outside of PTVL it played all the way through so that isn't my issue.

When I set channel rules like force random mode and force real time mode... would that interfere at all? It's seems like a possibility but barring that, I'll post a log of it happens again.
find quote