Bug texturepackager is forced to be static
See https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/7440

And even if I do "sed -i s@--enable-static@--disable-static@ tools/depends/native/TexturePacker/Makefile" its still forced to be static at the end.
Whats the issue with it beeing static? Its meant to be used as standalone tool in the end (and we somehow distribute it as single binary at least for windows).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2015-07-07, 14:02)Memphiz Wrote: Whats the issue with it beeing static? Its meant to be used as standalone tool in the end (and we somehow distribute it as single binary at least for windows).

I'm sure most distros do not ship the required static libs, at least openSUSE does not.
In the meantime I have patched '--enable-static' out of the Makefile.

Not sure if any devs read such bugreports, and how they want to be reached anyway...
Lets see if wsnipex reads this. But IIRC those dependend libs are either ment to be built from our depends system or there is an ppa from us for those.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
2 options:
1) in the Texturepacker dir run: make -j4 EXTRA_CONFIGURE=""
2) change the texturepackacker configure switch in kodi so that it accepts an option.
e.g. --with-texturepacker=shared
then pass the EXTRA_CONFIGURE var to the texturepacker makefile for this case.

PR welcome for option 2, but default must remain static.

Note that kodi configure will pick up an existing Texturepacker binary anywhere in your PATH and won't rebuild it in this case. So its easiest to go with option 1 and store the binary somewhere in your PATH.
Thanks, I will put it on my TODO list to use more libs/tools which are already provided by the OS. For the time being I can live with the patch.
One momemt:

where is TexturePacker used anyway, except during build? I mean, its not installed according to my rpm content. So why would it matter if its shared or static?
Its used for building skins, so its useful only for skinners. I provide it as an extra package on ubuntu.
This does not answer the question about static vs. shared, and the commit msg of 0f3ae0954edf2de940fc03cda9243611124f441b does not answer it either.

I suggest to remove --enable-static for Linux and perhaps Android builds, if that temporary binary is really used only during build of kodi itself.
(2015-07-07, 20:04)olh_ Wrote: One momemt:

where is TexturePacker used anyway, except during build? I mean, its not installed according to my rpm content. So why would it matter if its shared or static?

yes why would it matter if it is static Wink
(2015-07-07, 21:18)olh_ Wrote: This does not answer the question about static vs. shared, and the commit msg of 0f3ae0954edf2de940fc03cda9243611124f441b does not answer it either.

I suggest to remove --enable-static for Linux and perhaps Android builds, if that temporary binary is really used only during build of kodi itself.

1.) I said we provide Texturepacker as seperate package on ubuntu. Its static because it needs libs not (yet) available in various ubuntu versions. Some conflict with distro provided versions.
2.) I told you an really easy way how you can build it shared. You even have to do this only once.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
texturepackager is forced to be static0