RPi2 Openelec can I disable the power LED?
I tried editing /sys/class/leds/led1/trigger through SSH I used vi and nano, and after a save, the file time stamp changes, but the actual file edit does not save.
I tried su - and also even chmod the file to 777 to test then back to 644. I can't save the changes!

How can I disable the power LED under openelec?
Untested on OE, but I'd expect:
Code:
echo gpio > /sys/class/leds/led1/trigger
echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/led1/brightness
You'll need to disable the trigger at every boot since the changes you make to this file aren't persisted across boots.

On OpenELEC the easiest method is to add your command to /storage/.config/autostart.sh, eg.
Code:
echo none > /sys/class/leds/led1/trigger
and the Power LED will be disabled as Kodi is started.

Edit: Typo in path
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
that did the trick, thank you Milhouse

For others, the path is /storage/.config/autostart.sh there was a type in the above.
To create the file just:
# nano /storage/.config/autostart.sh
Yeah sorry, typo in path corrected.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
just curious...are you leaving your box on 24/7 and do not want to be annoyed by led? lol just wondering
Time for a strategically applied blob of blu-tac or similar?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2015-07-08, 18:32)cudencuden Wrote: just curious...are you leaving your box on 24/7 and do not want to be annoyed by led? lol just wondering

Yes, that is correct.
Does this also disable LED of Network? Then I will give it a test! Big Grin

It is not a thing of power, it is because of the light which is shining out of TV bench which is annoying.
I already have a black case but there is still the light from the gaps.
(2015-07-09, 09:21)Gizmo81 Wrote: Does this also disable LED of Network? Then I will give it a test! Big Grin

It is not a thing of power, it is because of the light which is shining out of TV bench which is annoying.
I already have a black case but there is still the light from the gaps.

I am really interested in finding out if this is an option as well. I would love the option to disable the activity LED for the wireless adapter.
No, that is just the power LED. To control the green (storage) activity light change from LED1 to LED0 in the code.
As far as I know the RJ45 network jack lights are not able to be disabled via software.
Check: https://blog.bartbania.com/raspberry_pi/...atus-leds/
It can be done in software but i don't know how to get it to work under openelec. Maybe an already compiled version will work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RPi2 Openelec can I disable the power LED?0