Messed up database
I have to say I'm almost done with Kodi, it has some nice features but seems to really struggle with things that Plex just copes with.

All my files are named perfectly and all have nfo's. All was going fine until today when I added a couple of series. I refreshed the library and now lots of episodes are messed up. It thinks Justified is Game of Thrones, and certain series 7 episodes of Mad Men it thinks is series 2, despite being spoonfed the information in an nfo and the filenames being perfect.

That's in addition to my problems of it not being able to connect to the NFS share randomly and not being able to connect via SMB at all.

Plex has no issues at all with any of this.

Any idea what's going on?
(2015-07-07, 21:20)matt666 Wrote: Any idea what's going on?

Not without a debug log (wiki), no (remove the problem tv shows, enable debugging, restart kodi, rescan then upload your debug log).

It's usually a file naming issue and yes, you'd be surprised how many people claim their files are named correctly when they're absolutely not.

A screenshot of one of the tv show folders with all sub-folder expanded wouldn't be a bad idea either - this would allow us to see the folder and file names you are using.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Also, moving this to OS Independent as it's not really Pi specific.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I just started using Kodi this weekend, and had to ensure my file names were correct for Kodi, not my last media player. This helped me get them right for Kodi
http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows

SMB worked for me right away once I entered the user/pass to the share, and selected to 'remember' for the path.

Now if only UPnP worked well for shared libraries! I can view items through Videos, TV Shows, and Music, but they don't display the thumbnails on the desktop like a local library does.
Hmmm, might have solved it. Old filenames are like this Mad Men - S07E02 - A Day's Work HDTV-720p.mkv.

New filenames are like this Mad Men - S07E02 - A Day's Work.mkv

A rescan seems to have put everything back

Could that be it? What's the best naming convention?

Cheers
"Mad Men S07E02.mkv" is the format I use, never had a problem.
Cheers, hopefully that's fixed it

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Messed up database0