v14 Kodi is somehow zoomed on TV
Hi all,

i recently installed a brand new Windows 8.1 x64 and ontop of it Kodi 14.2 Helix. At first run all was fine when moving the Kodi instance to be started on my TV (connected over HDMI). It would be full HD and even 3d could be enabled accordingly and would work properly. However, at some point (I think the video driver for my Asus GTX 970 also got updated) Kodi started to somehow zoom the window. What i mean is that as soon as i select "Full Screen on Monitor 3" Kodi goes to this monitor, but only 1/4 of the program is seen (top left quarter!). I tried the 15.0 rc1 and the direct builds with deletion of all Kodi folders between installations, but the problem persists.

Also if i move a windowed instance of Kodi to the TV it somehow automatically zooms and this does not happen for other windows applications, but i noticed same behavior for other video playing applications (VLC, Windows Media Player classic, Windows Media Player) and now i am not sure it is Kodi. But at least the video is then played normally and i see the whole of it on the screen, while in Kodi it is not even possible to navigate the menus properly as 3/4 of the interface is off screen Sad

The TV shows the resolution the whole time to be 1920x1080 and other windows on it remain with their respective size as well.

For some reason i cannot find much on this topic on the net. Sad

It is probably again some stupid windows setting which is intended to make life easier, but in reality does the opposite, but i cannot find it. Any hints are welcome ...
And of course as always ... during the writing of the above i came up with the idea of a different search and finally found the solution - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erhHb9eWJWg

Basically, some application or driver changed the setting for automatically making text easier to read on big displays.

I hope this helps others who run into this.
Check to see if your TV has a 'Fit Screen' setting. I also think there is some current issue when trying move Kodi between multiple monitors. I'll have to find the thread.
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
Hi Levi, fit to screen was not helping. However, the hint from the video i pasted resolved the issue. Thanks never the less.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi is somehow zoomed on TV0