USTVNow
It's my understanding the script itself doesn't have anything to do with the other USTVNow Addons; it itself is an add-on, just happen to be a program add-on with built-in EPG functionalities.

Have you actually tried Learningit's scripts.USChannels program? You don't need any other EPG programs or USTVNow Video Add-ons for Learningit's program to work.

(2015-07-23, 15:08)Shazb0t Wrote:
(2015-07-21, 22:39)learningit Wrote:
(2015-07-18, 02:21)locoguano Wrote: Apparently the USChannels script that USTVNow calls is no longer being updated by its developer. I use IPTV Simple PVR with xml data from Zap2xml... works great.
I'm the developer of the USChannels script and I'm pretty sure that there is no addon which calls or directly relies on the script unless someone modified the crap out of it. You can find the most recent version of scripts.USChannels in my test repo:
https://github.com/learningit/repository...master.zip

This is an "as is" script don't ask me for more channels or how to add more. To the best of my knowledge, the streams in the program add-on are legitimate and from the original broadcaster's websites.

As the developer of the script, do you have any idea why I can't get any version of the USTVnow addon to play in an EPG program? When I add the channels through favorites or through the addon menu they play fine, give it a day and they all black screen or freeze kodi. Meanwhile if I use the USTVnow addon all streams play fine. I have multiple RPi2 running OSMC and all exhibit the same behavior. What can I give to you to help get an answer on this?
(2015-07-23, 15:08)Shazb0t Wrote: As the developer of the script, do you have any idea why I can't get any version of the USTVnow addon to play in an EPG program? When I add the channels through favorites or through the addon menu they play fine, give it a day and they all black screen or freeze kodi. Meanwhile if I use the USTVnow addon all streams play fine. I have multiple RPi2 running OSMC and all exhibit the same behavior. What can I give to you to help get an answer on this?
Yes I do know. The USTVNOW url is dynamic and changes about everyday. When you add a favorite it captures a static copy (ie, the current value) and never changes it, so it will expiry the next day or whenever. What you are doing will never work correctly.
(2015-07-23, 15:52)learningit Wrote:
(2015-07-23, 15:08)Shazb0t Wrote: As the developer of the script, do you have any idea why I can't get any version of the USTVnow addon to play in an EPG program? When I add the channels through favorites or through the addon menu they play fine, give it a day and they all black screen or freeze kodi. Meanwhile if I use the USTVnow addon all streams play fine. I have multiple RPi2 running OSMC and all exhibit the same behavior. What can I give to you to help get an answer on this?
Yes I do know. The USTVNOW url is dynamic and changes about everyday. When you add a favorite it captures a static copy (ie, the current value) and never changes it, so it will expiry the next day or whenever. What you are doing will never work correctly.

I understand that. Some EPG have the ability to add channels through the supported addon feature of which USTVnow is one. I've tried that method with the same results as favorites where the channess always play through USTVnow. I've been told that method should work as the call is the same as the one in the USTVnow addon, however it does not on my systems. Is there a way to have an EPG open the channel the same way opening it through the addon would do? Obviously I don't have a technical knowledge of how this works so I appreciate your help in dealing with a layman.
USTVnow is working, so the problem lies with the epg addon you are using.
The only way your going to resolve this is to edit the code of this epg addon you are using or contact the developer and hope they update it.
Does this addon still work for people? Its not working for me. I am using the devs repo and have 12.0.22 and I see the shows but when I click to play i get an error but the error never goes to the kodi.log file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
USTVNow0