Req 64bit and MySQL
Thought I would throw this up here for discussion first before posting in the Feature Request thread.

Given the big push with UPnP and MySQL for library sharing, would it be advantageous to upgrade Kodi to 64bit?

I know Kodi itself wouldn't benefit from 64bit that much or at all, but what would be the threshold for someone using Kodi/MySQL and breaking through that 4GB barrier?
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
been discussed a lot and a branch was started but Kodi relies on a lot of libs that are 32bit only so no 64bit for a long while

thread here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...ight=64bit and one here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...ight=64bit
Thanks for the info.

Just thought it might be worthwhile to revisit since UPnP and MySQL is something that is also being advertised during the KordKutters videos so there may be some more interest for it now?
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
i'm sure there is a lot of interest but it's the time required to implement such a change, i'm pretty sure they have a road map planned out which is continued clean up of the code, the directx 11 project, new hevc builds, pretty sure they will have a hidden list of thing to come also, so it will come in time but it's not something they can't cook up quickly as it's almost a total rework of how they build it for windows
Nice that you think we have a hidden list. This means that cloaking our chaos works ... Smile
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
If you can't run MySQL in 4GB then it's time for a new OS.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
64bit and MySQL0