connection lost after upgrade
hi all,

today i'm upgraded my ubuntu from utopic to vivid - and tvheadend stop working Sad

on utopic everything works ok. but now all the time is tvheadend connection lost , cant login via http. remove configs from kodi and tvheadend, and the same problem with clean install.

here is logs

Quote:11:42:43 T:140410212742912 ERROR: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: OpenSocket - failed to connect to the backend (Connection refused)
11:42:43 T:140410212742912 ERROR: ADDON: Dll Tvheadend HTSP Client - Client returned bad status (1) from Create and is not usable
11:42:43 T:140410212742912 WARNING: UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on Tvheadend HTSP Client, status = 1
11:42:43 T:140411062155008 NOTICE: Thread AddonStatus pvr.hts start, auto delete: true

please help, i dont know where is the problem, i dont wanna reinstall all system Sad
Is tvheadend accessible via the web interface? Is it functioning - EPG, recording, etc.?

First step is to understand which bit is broken. tvh's debug log will tell you what it's seeing (syslog or webui - arrows in bottom right, cog).

I also wonder about Kodi and addon versions - you don't say what you're using on front or back end or your physical layout/architecture, that may be relevant.
tvheadend won't start Sad , kodi showing only info connection lost and is unusable. i tested many versions of tvheadend, and start works when i installed 4.1.18 from old repository - so problem for me is with tvheadend ubuntu package, or just last nightly was broken
Well, if Kodi is saying it can't connect, and tvheadend isn't actually running, then it's clearly nothing to do with Kodi. You can't connect to what doesn't exist...

It is possible that you've picked up a broken nightly - they are nightlies, after all. While I run master, I don't stay on the bleeding edge and only upgrade when I have reason to - in other words, I'd stick with 4.0 unless there's something you need in 4.1+, and even then I'd stay with 4.1.18 unless you need something later.

If you want more than that, then this looks like a tvh backend issue and we'd be better off taking the conversation to the tvh forum/IRC channel. We'll need more than 'won't start', though....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
connection lost after upgrade0