Cannot use Live TV on Windows 8.1
Hello

I have already reported using Kodi version 15.1 so I do not understand your comment or how it can help!

I reported below: - "I have since upgraded to Windows 10 but still Kodi 15.1 using the mythtv client 2.5.0 will not run Live TV with no error showing" and you respond: - quote - "The addon 2.6.1 works only with Kodi Isengard (15.0). To work you have to install Kodi Isengard , the latest stable for today."

How is this any help when I am ALREADY using this version that are supposed to work. You have also not told me why I cannot get my Ubuntu systems to work either. I have reported 3 different systems not connecting to my mythtv backend and asked legitimate questions about why some mythtv clients do not seem to require the db passwords and others seem to use instead use the 0000 PIN.

I am not an expert in Kodi and just trying to use it and cannot get any "Meaningful" assistance.

This should not be hard if the software was designed properly.

Again I ask where does Kodi save its log files on windows systems?
Windows userdata folder.
Problem fixed

Found a site who still had XBMC 13.2 so I "downgraded" Kodi to XBMC and got full connectivity to my MythTv box all working beautifully.
Beggars belief that you cannot get old version from the Kodi site forcing you to use software that does not work.
I was told I could compile 13.2 using Visual Studio, which I don't have and is this just because Kodi will not provide a software archive?

What is wrong with the current mythtv client which will not work with either Win 8.1 or 10 or Ubuntu 15.02?

So do I need to source 13.2 for Ubuntu also to get Live TV functionality wi my mythtv backend?

Where is the support for the issues I have raised with the current mythtv client?

Hopeless!
(2015-09-02, 16:40)tonyr63 Wrote: Beggars belief that you cannot get old version from the Kodi site forcing you to use software that does not work.
It certainly does.
Any decent site you'd be able to click on the download tab at the top of this page, scroll down the page to 'older releases' and then download pretty much any stable windows build from 10.0 to 15.1.

What a bunch of useless schmucks, eh?

Hint - click on 'downloads'.
(2015-09-02, 16:40)tonyr63 Wrote: Where is the support for the issues I have raised with the current mythtv client?

@tonyr63 , I told you in a previous post how to resolve your issue by uninstalling the old addon. But seems you persisted to use the old version of the addon (cmyth for gotham) with latest Kodi. So while you don't uninstall this old addon from your kodi folder you will keep the issue.
Now old addon was nice to run with gotham and it isn't a bad choice to keep it, but i no longer provide support for it.
(2015-09-03, 09:51)janbar Wrote:
(2015-09-02, 16:40)tonyr63 Wrote: Where is the support for the issues I have raised with the current mythtv client?

@tonyr63 , I told you in a previous post how to resolve your issue by uninstalling the old addon. But seems you persisted to use the old version of the addon (cmyth for gotham) with latest Kodi. So while you don't uninstall this old addon from your kodi folder you will keep the issue.
Now old addon was nice to run with gotham and it isn't a bad choice to keep it, but i no longer provide support for it.
Janbar

What you have written is not correct.
I was NOT using CMYTH client although I did try to use it to troubleshoot, but only after the default MythTv client with both the 14.02 and later 15.02 version of Kodi did not work.
I always first tried to use the version of the client you were recommending.
Right now I have an Ubuntu box running 15.04 and Kodi 15.02 with the MythTv client version 2.4.2 and it will not connect to my backend.
Please advise what I need to do to make it work?
I am investigating if I can source 13.02 for Ubuntu and use the older MythTv client version as I see no other way for restoring the functionality I once enjoyed for several years.

I am at a loss to understand why you fire off half baked stupid responses that show you have not read carefully the information I have provided.
Read the thread from the start where I have provided the client versions I have been trying to get to work.

You seem to be in a state of denial that there are bugs with the MythTv client add-on.

Again I ask in an effort to understand how your client has been implemented how come I am no longer provided an interface to provide the backend database user name and password and instead only have the 0000 PIN option? How about actually providing some helpful information and not just EMPTY meaningless responses.
(2015-09-03, 12:31)tonyr63 Wrote: I am at a loss to understand why you fire off half baked stupid responses that show you have not read carefully the information I have provided.
Seriously?
If you want help from a dev then firstly insulting them probably isn't constructive; you're not paying anything for this and by your own account you've had years of happy use. Secondly - post a log. Maybe you posted one 3 months ago, but it's gone - and nobody can help you until you post another one.
@tonyr63, I think you should read the wiki page of the addon where it is explained how to enable the addon with your backend: http://kodi.wiki/view/MythTV_PVR#MythTV_....mythtv.29
The addon no longer connect to the database as the old version done and you have to setup the PIN code.
@tonyr63 this thread (particularly first post) may be helpful in understanding the difference between the cmyth and newer non cmyth versions http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=...pid1743105
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot use Live TV on Windows 8.10