Best first device for my goals?
Question 
Hi all!

I just discovered Kodi and an currently using it on my laptop and love it. I'm ready to ditch my ps3 for streaming and get a dedicated box for Kodi and would love to be able to play some emulators as well. My wife would flip if I surprised her with Mario 64 or Super Mario Kart, etc.

Ideally, Id also like to be able to access games from the Google play store andamazon app store, but this may be asking too much and is of lesser importance, though would be great.

The shield looks like the best bet, but is likely over kill and over priced for my needs. What other devices do you think would best meet my needs? FireTV seems popular, but I hate the prime streaming service, so am hesitant to get saddled with another terrible interface like that. Gbox Q? Nexus player? Something else? I'm drowning in sheer number of options and how to meaningfully tell them apart for my goals.

Thanks!
You can get whatever device you like however keep in mind that the joystick has to be a bluetooth one - wireless ones are pretty bad for gaming.
A nice joystick thats using bluetooth will set you back ~$50
Be careful what device you buy if you are jitter sensitive ( read on 23.976 android frame rate switching issue )
If you are not - you can safely buy anything Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best first device for my goals?0