CEC with HDMI to Component Converter?
Hey everyone,

last weekend a frigging thunderstrike killed all my HDMI ports on my lovely plasma tv. Sad

At least the other ports are still working. Therefore i got a HDMI to Component (YPbPr) Converter and while the conversion is working, unfortunately my CEC TV remote isn't able to navigate in Kodi.

Am i right in the assumption that this is the case because of the conversion or am i just missing a setting?
CEC is a digital protocol with a dedicated signalling wire in the HDMI socket/cable, and it won't work over analogue component (whether converted from HDMI or not).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Why not read your home contents insurace policy as it may cover such lightning damage. If so, it's just an insurance excess along with a claim and you could buy a new tv and any other electronics damaged by the lightning strike.

Spendind $ on a hdmi to component converter and more on another ir remote and dongle doesn't fix the damaged tv let alone any other damage. Considering an insurance claim may be a wiser move....
I'm a XBMC novice :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CEC with HDMI to Component Converter?0