Plexbmc KODI
Hello, I've installed plexserver on my synology and installed the Add-on Plexbmc.
Now the content of de DVD seems not to be right. When I try to play a DVD , I get the choise of .bup or only . vob
In main display de movie lenght is about 20 minutes ( all my dvd's)
How do I adjust the config so that the whole movie can be seen?
You should really be asking this over at http://forums.plex.tv.

But i can tell you right now that Plex does not support the use of ISO, IMG, VIDEO_TS, BDMV, or other "disk image" formats.

If you wish to use those with Plex, you should convert them to a compatible format. Is there a special reason you are using Plex? Is it to access your media outside your home network?

If you don't need to access your media outside your network like on your phone or tablet, then just use Kodi and access your media on the Synology via NFS. Kodi play all those image formats.

-Pr.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
an acquaintance who has less time to search for good movies wantes to access my disk.
I thought dat PLEXbmc was a solution.
Strange that those disk images are not supported.
The goal was to access outside my network, it's a pitty it won't work.

Peter
Well my recommendation to you would be to remux your DVDs to MKV with MakeMKV

It preserves all audio and video in original quality and all chapter information. Remuxing a DVD to MKV takes less than 5 minutes.

If you don't want to remux your media, then you can always try using Emby instead of Plex to give access to your friends outside your network.

Emby supports VIDEO_TS

-Pr.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
Also the Emby for kodi addon lets you use any skin you like as it integrates directly with the kodi database. See signature for the addon.
Ok, thx for the information. I apreciate yours good info.
Never new that Make MKW so easy to work with.
It takes about 1 minute to convert.

I shall take a look if Synolgy has Emby
(2015-07-15, 23:17)PeterBoomhut Wrote: Ok, thx for the information. I apreciate yours good info.
Never new that Make MKW so easy to work with.
It takes about 1 minute to convert.

I shall take a look if Synolgy has Emby

Theres only a beta and it really has some problems. You probably only want to do this if you are experienced.
http://emby.media/community/index.php?/t...ogy-setup/
I believe that Plex only outside my network works when I pay for a premiun account?
(2015-07-16, 12:57)PeterBoomhut Wrote: I believe that Plex only outside my network works when I pay for a premiun account?

Plex should work outside your network without a premium account.
Razze I will take a look to Emby, But first want to work with Plex. it will be confusing me when i try both.
curti , I have tryed by somebody else (1 blok away) , put the ddns name in plexbmc but no server name pops up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Plexbmc KODI0