Suggestion
Can Kodi potentially harm your device or security on home networks?

First time here, I got caught using banned
addons in my post.

While the rest of use catch up with the rest of you re Kodi
please keep all of us informed about our ridks and responsibilities using Kodi.

Id help out if needed to inform users of things like Kodi.

I love Kodi, but I value it communication power and potential even more.

Thank you.
No
no harm is done by Kodi itself or by add-ons from the official repository, as these add-ons undergo a review before they get added to the official repo. What third party add-ons do is outside of our control, and yes, add-ons are not sandboxed and have the potential to harm your device, erase everything, install maleware, spy on you and what not. So you better trust the add-on source or analyze the code yourself!
It is your responsibility to not break the law of your country.

If you run Kodi with any of the hundreds of add-ons in our repository, we are fairly sure you don't break US law because we are a US non profit organization and use that law as basis for our code validation process.

The add-ons in our repository will never break region restrictions, and should therefore generally be OK to use all around the world. We encourage add-on authors to use the officially made available API's when developing.

Third party add-ons, also known as 'stuff you install manually or from manually added repositories' is very often completely illegal all around the world. If you choose to install these add-ons, you can be held liable and face criminal charges or fines.
Again, you are responsible for your actions. There is a reason we do not allow discussion of these add-ons on our forums!

I am not a lawyer and this is in no way binding legal advice.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suggestion0