Kodi in a Car
Music 
hello
I'm a little lost in the fact that the raspberry pi is in bridge mode with an Ethernet interface and offline without connecting a router

Kodi Pi for Car or Mobile Home Project
- Automatic Bridge Eth0 to Wlan0 and/or StandAlone HotSpot without Eth0 or Static Eth0, DHCP server Wifi in Wlan0
- Remote by Ipad or Iphone in Wifi dongle Edimax with Kodi Remote App StandAlone or Bridge
- Reading media like Music (in a car) or Movies (in the mobile Home)
Hdd portable 2To (content Music and Movies)

Please help me with : Raspbian + Kodi + interface prog + hostapd+ etc…

picture of my project : http://dl.free.fr/pdavvEfqn
Maybe this thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=217244
@norbya your post makes little sense.

What is eth0 going to be connected to in a car? Nothing.

Why then bridge it to wifi? No reason.

If all you want to do in the car is play music, then kodi is not the solution you seek, I would go for mpd or logitechmediaserver.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
The picture explains it better. It sounds like he wants the Pi to be a hotspot so that the HDD can either be used directly on the Pi with Kodi, or so that tablets in the car can access the movies there.

Maybe.
Why not just use a portable wifi/storage solution, like either a WD MyPassport Wireless (or similar from Seagate and others) or a Ravpower Filehub v2 or v3 plus either a hard drive like a MyPassport or a flash drive. Then connect your Kodi device to that for playback via either SMB or DLNA?

I use the latter (Ravpower Filehub v2 and a 2TB MyPassport) when I'm travelling and want to watch a movie in the hotel, but it would work just as well in a car powered from the 24v.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
My car setup is very simple...

Pi with openelec, connected to hard drives via hub.
Lead to aux in on stereo for music.
Wi-fi via usb stick supplies tablets.
Music and shutdown controlled by yatse on my phone.

I used a pi because it was in 'the drawer'. It just works.
It only gets put together for long journeys - if I was to do something permanent I'd want a more convenient way to power the pi and drives on and off.

I can't see why the OP's reference to ethernet is there either.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi in a Car0