Page Control
Hi all. New to skinning after enjoying Kodi and XBMC for some time. I'd am working to create a custom menu for my kids media and got quite a few things working so far but having some troubles with a couple of things.

Something doesn't seem to work with a page control I am trying to add to a custom screen. It's for the plot text box in the dialogvideoinfo.xml. If the plot is longer than the limits of the box I'd like a button control to be able to scroll up and down. Per the wiki I've added the pagecontrol to the plot text label and created a spin control with the same pagecontrol id. The plot text box works and the page controls show up on screen, but the buttons don't control the text box.

Is there something elsewhere in the skin needed in order to get this to work. It's a very basic page with the poster, fanart, title and plot boxes on it plus a couple media flags. It sounds simple in the wiki but I am stumped!

Thanks!
You need a scrollbar to control it that way.

Alternatively you can use buttons with PageUp and PageDown as their onclick actions.
Te wiki doesn't mention anything about needing a scroll bar for spin controls.

I have buttons that are linked to the text box as spincontrols, per the wiki.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Spin_Control

It matches code found in 2 skins I've used for reference that work as I've described.
Best post code so we can see what's going on.
For the text box.

Code:
<control type="textbox">
        <width>746</width>
        <height>270</height>
        <align>justify</align>
        <label fallback="No Plot Available">$INFO[ListItem.Plot]</label>
        <font>Font_Reg28_2</font>
        <pagecontrol>9928</pagecontrol>        
        <autoscroll delay="300" time="AutoScrollTime" repeat="15000" condition="true">Conditional</autoscroll>
    </control>

For the spin control.

Code:
<control type="spincontrol" id="9928">
        <textureup>settings/spin-up.png</textureup>
        <textureupfocus>settings/spin-up-focus.png</textureupfocus>
        <texturedown>settings/spin-down.png</texturedown>
        <texturedownfocus>settings/spin-down-focus.png</texturedownfocus>
        <top>840</top>
        <left>990</left>
        <width>50</width>
        <height>88</height>
        <onup>3000</onup>
        <ondown>2000</ondown>
        <onleft>9928</onleft>
        <onright>9928</onright>
    </control>

As a side note, the autoscroll doesn't work for the text box wither. This code is essentially the same from other skins as mentioned before, only some values changes like position and such.

Thanks!
Tried to use a spin control myself to control a text box but it doesn't work.

Care to name the skins where it does?
I guess they were older skins that I was looking at. I changed the control to be a scrollbar instead and it works without the need for buttons. Does the trick for me now. Thanks for the suggestion and looking into the situation. Much appreciated.

Edit. I'll ask here because you seem to be a knowledgeable skinner and I'm sure you will check back to see my response.

I am trying to learn how strings work and, as 1 example, would like to have in the tv show information see the tv show genre. Is there a good place in the wiki that explains this or a thread or someplace? It can get confusing at times with a ton of trial and error.
http://kodi.wiki/view/InfoLabels

Also, best to ask a mod to move this to the skin development forum.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Page Control0