• 79(current)
Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
(2015-12-15, 03:44)MidnightWatcher Wrote:
(2015-12-15, 02:26)BugRaider84 Wrote: Hey guys,

while testing my procedure of CV over and over I'm running randomly into a crash. The crash only occurs when the feature film is supposed to start, all other sequences are running fine. It's crashing circa 30-60% of the time the movie is about to start. Having the problems on Madnox Skin and Confluence. Running Kodi Jarvis Beta 4 on MacMini

It's best not to run Jarvis yet, CV is designed to work with the latest stable release only, which is Isengard 15.2.

Is this still the case? I am currently running Jarvis 16.1 on a MacBook Pro 2011 but the crash still occurs randomly. Also, I tested the same setup on my Amazon Fire TV but have not experienced a crash. Any ideas?

P.s. this is easily my favorite add-on to use and play around with! Thanks for all your hard work Scott and CV team!
(2016-08-16, 02:48)gezeebeezee Wrote: Is this still the case? I am currently running Jarvis 16.1 on a MacBook Pro 2011 but the crash still occurs randomly. Also, I tested the same setup on my Amazon Fire TV but have not experienced a crash. Any ideas?

P.s. this is easily my favorite add-on to use and play around with! Thanks for all your hard work Scott and CV team!

Hey there! So as a rule of thumb, CinemaVision will always support the two most current stable releases of Kodi. Right now, that includes 15.2 and 16.1 respectively. To keep development moving forward, when new versions of Kodi are released, we drop the oldest and pick up the newest. For example, when 17 is released, we'll drop 15.2 officially, and pick up support for the stable versions released under Kodi 17, while continuing to maintain and resolve issues found by users of Kodi 16.1.

All that to say, your version is absolutely supported. Smile It could be something Mac specific, because python versions can differ between platforms in some cases which can cause issues cross-platform that we couldn't test for. It could be as simple as the iTunes bug that will be resolved in the next release of CV that's causing your issue. Either way, I'll need a full debug log to tell. We wrote a handy guide that will walk you through the steps needed to upload that guide. You can upload it here, or on the CinemaVision website in a post or support request. Let me know if you have any trouble.

Now that all of that is out of the way, thanks so much for the compliment! We've had a ton of really great feedback from the community, and are really, really looking forward to getting round two of development underway. If you have any feature ideas, now would be the time to start speaking up. The rumor is, our developer will be ours again in September. Big Grin We have some really exciting features planned so far.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
(2016-08-16, 02:48)gezeebeezee Wrote: I am currently running Jarvis 16.1 on a MacBook Pro 2011 but the crash still occurs randomly. Also, I tested the same setup on my Amazon Fire TV but have not experienced a crash. Any ideas?

Did you get a chance to create a log for us to review?

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
(2016-08-08, 00:04)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote:
(2016-08-07, 23:48)aptalca Wrote: Hi Scott,

CV was working just fine until recently. Now it is unable to start due to an error about 80% of the time. I suspect it might have something to do with the itunes trailers.

Here's the log: http://pastebin.com/UzJ1NHTF

By the way, I'm using libreelec 7.0.2 on a chromebox

Thanks

Coming at me with the easy ones, eh? Smile This bug we actually have fixed in 1.0.12, and you can download the development release of that from the CinemaVision website, here.
Just to confirm, the development release works great on both the chromebox libreelec and the fire tv android version.
Thanks
(2016-08-19, 21:39)aptalca Wrote: Just to confirm, the development release works great on both the chromebox libreelec and the fire tv android version.
Thanks

Well that's great news. Big Grin Please let us know if you have any problems.

Hi,

CV is no longer working for me... it errors out each time I try to launch it. I think it was the iTunes trailers issue, and so installing the Devon build fixed it.

However now something else seems broke. Even tho I have the settings set to ignore YouTube trailers, CV is still trying to play them. I know because I don't have the YouTube addon installed. Can someone verify this?

thx
(2016-08-20, 04:25)leejk Wrote: Hi,

CV is no longer working for me... it errors out each time I try to launch it. I think it was the iTunes trailers issue, and so installing the Devon build fixed it.

However now something else seems broke. Even tho I have the settings set to ignore YouTube trailers, CV is still trying to play them. I know because I don't have the YouTube addon installed. Can someone verify this?

thx

You're right about your log, it will be fixed once you install the development build from the website. The YouTube behavior you're seeing actually comes from Kodi. Kodi by default scrapes in trailers for your movies from YouTube which is where we get trailers from when they're played from your Kodi DB.

(2016-08-20, 06:17)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote:
(2016-08-20, 04:25)leejk Wrote: Hi,

thx

You're right about your log, it will be fixed once you install the development build from the website. The YouTube behavior you're seeing actually comes from Kodi. Kodi by default scrapes in trailers for your movies from YouTube which is where we get trailers from when they're played from your Kodi DB.

Hmm... Ok. But shouldn't the setting in CV to ignore YouTube trailers take precendence over the KODI scraped trailers that may point to youtube? It seems a little contradictory.

Thx
(2016-08-20, 18:46)leejk Wrote: Hmm... Ok. But shouldn't the setting in CV to ignore YouTube trailers take precendence over the KODI scraped trailers that may point to youtube? It seems a little contradictory.

Thx

The Ignore YouTube trailers setting is supposed to keep your Trailers Modules from playing trailers scraped from YouTube into the Kodi database. Make sure that the Trailers Module in your Sequence has that setting enabled if you don't want to use those YouTube trailers. If it's still happening, send me your Sequence and full debug log to review and we'll see what's going on.

(2016-08-24, 01:49)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote:
(2016-08-20, 18:46)leejk Wrote: Hmm... Ok. But shouldn't the setting in CV to ignore YouTube trailers take precendence over the KODI scraped trailers that may point to youtube? It seems a little contradictory.

Thx

The Ignore YouTube trailers setting is supposed to keep your Trailers Modules from playing trailers scraped from YouTube into the Kodi database. Make sure that the Trailers Module in your Sequence has that setting enabled if you don't want to use those YouTube trailers. If it's still happening, send me your Sequence and full debug log to review and we'll see what's going on.

Hello,

Here is a log of what's happening: http://pastebin.com/B9Cd6eYU

In this run, it tried to play a youtube video for every trailer. I'm using the default sequence. I do not see a setting in the sequence trailer module to disable youtube trailers tho.

thx
(2016-08-25, 02:53)leejk Wrote: Hello,

Here is a log of what's happening: http://pastebin.com/B9Cd6eYU

In this run, it tried to play a youtube video for every trailer. I'm using the default sequence. I do not see a setting in the sequence trailer module to disable youtube trailers tho.

thx

Hey there! It's a global setting in the add-on settings that will ignore all YouTube trailers in your library. In looking at your Sequence, I see that you have your Trailers Module set to play from Content (which looks at the %CVROOT%\Content directory) first, then iTunes, then your Kodi DB and plays a trailer at random.

Code:
20:33:31 T:1904  NOTICE: [- CinemaVision -] (API): [- trailer -]
20:33:31 T:1904  NOTICE: [- CinemaVision -] (API): source: 'content'
20:33:31 T:4044   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (C:\Users\leejk\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\resources\skins\Main\1080i\script.cinemavision-playlist-dialog.xml) ------
20:33:31 T:6584   DEBUG: CImageLoader::DoWork - took 142 ms to load special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/9/9f067646.jpg
20:33:31 T:1904  NOTICE: [- CinemaVision -] (API): scrapers: 'Content,iTunes,KodiDB'

If you want only iTunes trailers to play, disable the Content and KodiDB scrapers in the module, for example.

(2016-08-25, 08:50)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote: Hey there! It's a global setting in the add-on settings that will ignore all YouTube trailers in your library. In looking

If you want only iTunes trailers to play, disable the Content and KodiDB scrapers in the module, for example.

Hi,

Ok, I have that global setting turned on to ignore YouTube trailers. If I disable the scrapers you mentioned, wouldn't that tho disable any locally stored trailers that are alongside the movies? To me, when that global setting is turned on, there should be no YouTube trailers played ever. I thought older versions behaved this way, as I haven't run into this before.

Thx
(2016-08-26, 01:36)leejk Wrote: Hi,

Ok, I have that global setting turned on to ignore YouTube trailers. If I disable the scrapers you mentioned, wouldn't that tho disable any locally stored trailers that are alongside the movies? To me, when that global setting is turned on, there should be no YouTube trailers played ever. I thought older versions behaved this way, as I haven't run into this before.

Thx

I used iTunes as an example, there. If you want to just play non-YouTube trailers from your local library, choose KodiDB as your scraper and turn off YouTube. Keep in mind, this requires that you have local trailers marked the way Kodi is expecting them to be marked scraped into your library. Make sure you update content as well, to remove old YouTube trailers from the CV database. It's possible that the YouTube setting is broken, but we won't be able to tell that without a full debug log of you doing a content update, then playing your sequence with the ignore YouTube setting enabled and your trailers module selecting YouTube from your library.

Hi Scott,

I did a test and here's what I found. I verified the global ignore YouTube trailers setting was enabled, and all trailer scrapers enabled. When the sequence played, every trailer it tried to play was a YouTube trailer, and since I don't have the YouTube addon installed, that was annoying. The next test I disabled the KODI trailer scraper, which disables the ignore YouTube trailers setting. Obviously the two are related. When that sequence played, it played no YouTube trailers at all. So based on that it looks like that setting is just not working now. Do you still need a log?

Thx
(2016-08-27, 01:26)leejk Wrote: Hi Scott,

I did a test and here's what I found. I verified the global ignore YouTube trailers setting was enabled, and all trailer scrapers enabled. When the sequence played, every trailer it tried to play was a YouTube trailer, and since I don't have the YouTube addon installed, that was annoying. The next test I disabled the KODI trailer scraper, which disables the ignore YouTube trailers setting. Obviously the two are related. When that sequence played, it played no YouTube trailers at all. So based on that it looks like that setting is just not working now. Do you still need a log?

Thx

A log of you re-creating exactly what you described above would be perfect. I'll take this to our developer anyway, but he will likely ask for that log so he can see exactly what's going on. Smile

• 79(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5