• 84(current)
Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Hey. I'm almost there.

I have 2 mediaplayers.
1. The zidoo x9s and himedia q10pro using external player , both play movies all fine execpt himedia microstutter, but thats no big deal, however, they dont work with cinemavision addon..

2. Intel nuc, which works with cinemavision addon, and plays all files BUT
- bookmarks dont work, no big deal , dont need it except to point to log when having next issue:
- 3d iso mv movie played in 2d, stops playing and returning to main menu at some point, happening with all movies, mostly in the middle of it
This issue is happening with normal kodi too, so i think its baked into kodi.
Its not happening with other mediaplayers since they dont use kodi to play

So im stuck, i prefer zidoo and himedia but cant use addon, but if i want i can use nuc, but then my kids cant watch a 3d movie in 2d

Its haunting me for years now.
(2016-11-30, 09:53)unimatrix27 Wrote: Hi, thanks for the great plugin. It seems the streaming trailer thing is still not working so I guess I need trailers pre-downloaded in my content folder. I have setup this script:

https://github.com/aag/apple_trailer_downloader

to do it for me regularly, but now it seems I need to trigger the update content function in CV. Is there a way to do this automatically every other day or when KODI starts etc.?

thx

Hey! You're welcome. Big Grin We may steal that downloader, fair warning. We plan to add the ability to download trailers (background or on content update) in the second round of development.

To answer your question, in short, it's not there yet but it's coming. We plan to add the ability to trigger content updates on a schedule, when Kodi starts, or via context menu (all subject to change based on what we find during development) with the addition of the CinemaVision Service Add-on. During our first round of development, the Kodi team asked us to split that (and other) functionality into a service add-on, and not incorporate it directly into the main add-on.

(2016-11-30, 19:51)Skank Wrote: Hey. I'm almost there.

I have 2 mediaplayers.
1. The zidoo x9s and himedia q10pro using external player , both play movies all fine execpt himedia microstutter, but thats no big deal, however, they dont work with cinemavision addon..

- bookmarks dont work, no big deal , dont need it except to point to log when having next issue:
- 3d iso mv movie played in 2d, stops playing and returning to main menu at some point, happening with all movies, mostly in the middle of it

So im stuck, i prefer zidoo and himedia but cant use addon, but if i want i can use nuc, but then my kids cant watch a 3d movie in 2d

True story, I'm not sure where to go from here except... I'm going to reach out to you when we get into the thick of our new development and have you flood me with logs and detailed descriptions for issues you're seeing. Our developer is on the Kodi team, so he should pretty easily be able to identify if an issue is related to CinemaVision, or Kodi, or an external player and give us some insight into how we would go about fixing those issues. In the past, when we've found issues that the Kodi team would need to fix, he's been able to spark that conversation with them.

Have you thought about converting your ISOs to MKVs? If you do, this might work for you.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
(2016-12-01, 00:44)Ragnarok Wrote:
(2016-11-30, 09:53)unimatrix27 Wrote: Hi, thanks for the great plugin. It seems the streaming trailer thing is still not working so I guess I need trailers pre-downloaded in my content folder. I have setup this script:

https://github.com/aag/apple_trailer_downloader

to do it for me regularly, but now it seems I need to trigger the update content function in CV. Is there a way to do this automatically every other day or when KODI starts etc.?

thx

Hey! You're welcome. Big Grin We may steal that downloader, fair warning. We plan to add the ability to download trailers (background or on content update) in the second round of development.

To answer your question, in short, it's not there yet but it's coming. We plan to add the ability to trigger content updates on a schedule, when Kodi starts, or via context menu (all subject to change based on what we find during development) with the addition of the CinemaVision Service Add-on. During our first round of development, the Kodi team asked us to split that (and other) functionality into a service add-on, and not incorporate it directly into the main add-on.

(2016-11-30, 19:51)Skank Wrote: Hey. I'm almost there.

I have 2 mediaplayers.

True story, I'm not sure where to go from here except... I'm going to reach out to you when we get into the thick of our new development and have you flood me with logs and detailed descriptions for issues you're seeing. Our developer is on the Kodi team, so he should pretty easily be able to identify if an issue is related to CinemaVision, or Kodi, or an external player and give us some insight into how we would go about fixing those issues. In the past, when we've found issues that the Kodi team would need to fix, he's been able to spark that conversation with them.

Have you thought about converting your ISOs to MKVs? If you do, this might work for you.

Ok great! Just send me pms then! Yeah i know about converting, but with 300 movies converting whew. Thats a huge job
hej guys, Is it possible scraping Trailers from TMDB for my Language, i think from

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/now-playing
or
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/upcoming
(2016-12-01, 00:44)Ragnarok Wrote: Hey! You're welcome. Big Grin We may steal that downloader, fair warning. We plan to add the ability to download trailers (background or on content update) in the second round of development.
Thanks a lot for this reply!
I need help with the trivia slides. I did a fresh install of my op system and put cinemavision back on. I have everything working except the slides. They worked before but now only get the black screen with music. I tried following the info on this thread pg 22 (pasted below) but I can't find the script or xml files. I'm not sure the info applies since if it's pretty old. Can someone help me with getting the trivia slides to work?

I first had this working smoothly back in Sept 2015. I knew I would have issues when I wiped everything off and started anew.
Just have two more issues to resolve and this one should be an easy one to fix

Thanks

[quote uid=75823 name="GoofyJeff" post=2091713 timestamp=1440718458]With the ability to save various sequences, will it eventually be possible for the add-on to choose one of those sequences at random? Obviously not now, and I don't expect it at launch, but it could be beneficial to "mix it up"bb occasionally rather than showing the same sequence every time without having to choose a specific one.[/quote]<br />
<br />
I don't see why not, but that probably won't be there at launch - tons of stuff left to do and that would add to development time.<br />
<br />
[quote uid=76036 name="japes" post=2091757 timestamp=1440724453]Since I am testing I just have these...<br />
<br />
V:\Cinema Vision\Trivia Slides\Guardians of the Galaxy<br />
V:\Cinema Vision\Trivia Slides\Pixar<br />
<br />
Pixar is just slides no Q &amp; A<br />
<br />
When I started I just added the Pixar slides to the Trivia Slides root folder and it worked fine. I did tried the same with the GotG slides and fine. But when they are in their own folders I just get black screen and music.<br />
<br />
I did change the slides.xml for the GotG.<br />
<br />
Edit just checked and the slide.xml for GotG was changed however the Pixar was still set to it's default with the ratings tag still in. Just in case that was causing an issue I cleared Pixar from the directory so just the GotG in it's own directory was in there and restarted and still nothing.[/quote]<br />
<br />
So just today we decided to do away with the slides.xml requirement. Now the script has a default. If content creators want to get fancy, they can, but with the changes that we made today, there are a few things that need to be done.<br />
<br />
For Guardians of the Galaxy, you need to move everything that's under the Stills directory one directory up so that it's in the same directory as all of the other Guardians of the Galaxy slides. Then you need to search through your entire trivia directory and delete any and all slides.xml files and CinemaVision.url files. Now follow the instructions at the end of this post.<br />
<br />
[quote uid=76036 name="japes" post=2091762 timestamp=1440725297]Another great thing about saving various sequences is that once custom directories are added I can set up two sets...one for family movie night and another for when the kids are away. I hadn't thought of that until just now. <br />
<br />
Another bonus.[/quote]<br />
<br />
You can absolutely do that. One for every genre if you want. It really doesn't matter. Smile<br />
<br />
[quote uid=133135 name="Skank" post=2091933 timestamp=1440751955]Wow you guys are taking this very seriously ! Big thumbs up!<br />
I hope you all proceed with what you're planning to<br />
Great job ![/quote]<br />
<br />
We're trying! We tried to listen to all of the feedback from the community to come up with our required features. We also have a bunch of new ideas, some of which have been implemented, and some that will require some attention from Team Kodi to make a reality. As long as we have money to pay the developer for his services, we'll push forward with developing new features until this thing does your laundry.<br />
<br /> .
<font color="Red">Important Note:</font> Version 0.0.23 is up on the GitHub. For those of you using this version, please uninstall previous versions of CinemaVision, delete the script.cinemavision folder from your userdata, and then install the new version. We've made some major changes to the database, so it requires a complete reinstall from scratch.

Sent from my VK815
(2016-12-01, 08:06)Skank Wrote: Ok great! Just send me pms then! Yeah i know about converting, but with 300 movies converting whew. Thats a huge job

Will do! It is a huge job, but MakeMKV can be automated to process files in batch, which should make it pretty easy.

(2016-12-06, 19:00)kampfi Wrote: hej guys, Is it possible scraping Trailers from TMDB for my Language, i think from

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/now-playing
or
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/upcoming

It might be possible. We do have plans for several scrapers, but they will require cooperation from those websites to work. Wink Hopefully we don't hit roadblocks. We currently have plans to explore new sources English trailers, German trailers, and French trailers. What other languages would you all like to see?

(2016-12-11, 19:39)unimatrix27 Wrote: Thanks a lot for this reply!

Thanks a lot for linking the downloader!

(2016-12-20, 19:49)billroden Wrote: I need help with the trivia slides. I did a fresh install of my op system and put cinemavision back on. I have everything working except the slides. They worked before but now only get the black screen with music. I tried following the info on this thread pg 22 (pasted below) but I can't find the script or xml files. I'm not sure the info applies since if it's pretty old. Can someone help me with getting the trivia slides to work?

I first had this working smoothly back in Sept 2015. I knew I would have issues when I wiped everything off and started anew.
Just have two more issues to resolve and this one should be an easy one to fix

Thanks

Sent from my VK815 (typie typie)

What trivia do you have downloaded? Can you give me a brief overview of the directory structure/file structure under the /Trivia/ directory? This might be a stupid question, but did you do a content update so CinemaVision catalogs all the trivia files?

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
I did a content update and also have it set to scrape it every time it's run. It's not a stupid question...I should have mentioned it in my post.

My trivia directory may be empty but the trivia slides directory contains everything. That was left untouched when I reinstalled everything. My data is on a NAS. Directory is...htpc/cinemavision/trivia slides/ then the directories such as star wars, tour story, Wall-E etc. Each of those directories contain the individual files. I downloaded most of them from your website a year ago...but had a few from CE.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V
(2016-12-20, 23:33)billroden Wrote: I did a content update and also have it set to scrape it every time it's run. It's not a stupid question...I should have mentioned it in my post.

My trivia directory may be empty but the trivia slides directory contains everything. That was left untouched when I reinstalled everything. My data is on a NAS. Directory is...htpc/cinemavision/trivia slides/ then the directories such as star wars, tour story, Wall-E etc. Each of those directories contain the individual files. I downloaded most of them from your website a year ago...but had a few from CE.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V (typie typie)

When I said /Trivia/, I should have said /Trivia Slides/. Big Grin

We've seen this black screen issue before when slides no longer exist in a directory, but CV hasnt properly updated. Make sure that you're using the development version of CV from the website, and in the CV settings, go to the Advanced tab and choose Reset content database. After that, do another content update so gets a fresh start.

Also, make sure that no loose slides exist in the /Trivia Slides/ directory, and everything is organized in a subdirectory. You shouldn't need any XML files at all. CV uses a specific convention, which can be overridden by an XML file if you choose. Typically, that just complicates things. Make sure your files are named like what's in this guide and you should be in good shape. If none of that does the trick, post up a debug log for us to review and we'll see what's going on.

Thanks I'll give it a try when I get home. I haven't done anything to the tree structure so I think it's set up correctly especially when it worked before.

I'm using the CV ver that was downloaded from the kodi repository...not your Web site. It's something like 1.0.11

Sent from my SM-G930V
Thanks for your help. I finally got around to tackling this since we last 'spoke'.

I reset the content database and did a content update. I checked my directory and it matches the structure that is recommended.

Now I don't even get the black screen with the music anymore. My sequence skips the trivia section completely and moves on to the next module. I read on your Web site that music is no longer supported so I tried turning off the music in the s trivia settings but that didn't seem to do anything. I left a debug log address if that will help

http://pastebin.com/jU2FGnOU

Bill

Sent from my SM-G930V
(2016-12-27, 02:43)billroden Wrote: Thanks for your help. I finally got around to tackling this since we last 'spoke'.

I reset the content database and did a content update. I checked my directory and it matches the structure that is recommended.

Now I don't even get the black screen with the music anymore. My sequence skips the trivia section completely and moves on to the next module. I read on your Web site that music is no longer supported so I tried turning off the music in the s trivia settings but that didn't seem to do anything. I left a debug log address if that will help

http://pastebin.com/jU2FGnOU

Bill

Sent from my SM-G930V (typie typie)

Hey Bill, it looks like that paste has expired or has been removed for some reason. Can you upload your log again? I'd love to take a look and see what could be going on here.

Just want to make sure I'm using pastebin correctly because i rarely use it. Is it OK to just type the address that I receive in kodi after running the script? I'm not logging into pastebin or anything. Also there's a question that asks if I want the old data or current data. I used the current data...if that matters. I'll try it again.

Bill

Sent from my SM-T337V
Hi,

Just picked up Cinemavision yesterday...absolutely terrific addon. Ran my first "movie party" for friends tonight with very little customization, and it went very well. Great job!!

In prepping for the party and tweaking CV, I ran into a few situations where I have some questions. Just wondering if you can help:

1. I want to set up a sequence that includes a trailer preceded by a "the following preview is rated PG" slide (assuming the trailer is PG in this example). I have the appropriate MPAA slide pack. How do I get the MPAA slide to precede each trailer, and match the correct rating to the trailer being shown?

2. Trailers in general are a little confusing at this point. I want to set up my sequence to go out and find trailers that are only for movies coming up in the next few months--not trailers for movies in my library, or trailers for movies that are already out in theatres. I'm not sure how to do that (probably because I'm not sure how the trailer scraping works). Can you dumb it down for this dummy? Smile

3. In certain situations in Krypton when editing a sequence, adding a module kicks me back to the beginning of the sequence, rather than leaving me in the spot I added the module. Also, sometimes I am not able to navigate the module sub-menu in the sequence editor using my FireTV remote control briefly--it seems to suddenly work if I go to the next module and then return to the previous module. Just figured I'd mention these as potential bugs.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2016-12-27, 18:50)billroden Wrote: Just want to make sure I'm using pastebin correctly because i rarely use it. Is it OK to just type the address that I receive in kodi after running the script? I'm not logging into pastebin or anything. Also there's a question that asks if I want the old data or current data. I used the current data...if that matters. I'll try it again.

Bill

Sent from my SM-T337V (typie typie)

Hey Bill, yeah that should be all you have to do. It's possible that an extra character made it into the link or something. What I generally do is browse to the paste and make sure it's the right one, and working. If it is, I send the log. If it's not, I triple check or retry the upload. I know it's a bit of a pain, but it's certainly better than browsing to the log file manually. Smile

(2016-12-28, 09:43)canadave Wrote: Hi,

Just picked up Cinemavision yesterday...absolutely terrific addon. Ran my first "movie party" for friends tonight with very little customization, and it went very well. Great job!!

Hey, thanks! Glad you're enjoying it.

(2016-12-28, 09:43)canadave Wrote: In prepping for the party and tweaking CV, I ran into a few situations where I have some questions. Just wondering if you can help:

1. I want to set up a sequence that includes a trailer preceded by a "the following preview is rated PG" slide (assuming the trailer is PG in this example). I have the appropriate MPAA slide pack. How do I get the MPAA slide to precede each trailer, and match the correct rating to the trailer being shown?

The reason we didn't include the bumper is two fold. None of the theaters near my house use them anymore, and instead use a "The following preview has been approved to accompany this feature." slide. The second reason is that most of the trailers have their own attached MPAA bumper, which would mean it could show it twice. All that said, the ratings bumper, which currently exists only in the Feature Module, is going to be split out into its own Module. I'll make sure that it either autodetects the trailer rating or can be set much like Video Bumpers are. What you can do for now, if you're interested, is use the ratings bumpers from the CV site and just point the Video Bumper Module before your Trailer Module in the Sequence, then point the Video Bumper Module directly at the Rating Bumper you want to play.

(2016-12-28, 09:43)canadave Wrote: 2. Trailers in general are a little confusing at this point. I want to set up my sequence to go out and find trailers that are only for movies coming up in the next few months--not trailers for movies in my library, or trailers for movies that are already out in theatres. I'm not sure how to do that (probably because I'm not sure how the trailer scraping works). Can you dumb it down for this dummy? Smile

We currently have three scrapers available, one of which is currently broken because Apple changed something with the Apple Trailers website. Apple Trailers was the go-to scraper for recent or upcoming movies. The KodiDB scraper pulls trailers for movies in your Kodi Library, and the StereoscopyNews.com scraper takes care of 3D trailers. We expect to have Apple fixed soon, as well as several other scrapers in the works. As it sits now, the one that's broken is the one you need. It only works some of the time. Smile

(2016-12-28, 09:43)canadave Wrote: 3. In certain situations in Krypton when editing a sequence, adding a module kicks me back to the beginning of the sequence, rather than leaving me in the spot I added the module. Also, sometimes I am not able to navigate the module sub-menu in the sequence editor using my FireTV remote control briefly--it seems to suddenly work if I go to the next module and then return to the previous module. Just figured I'd mention these as potential bugs.

That's not something we've seen just yet, and I'd love to forward a debug log to our developer for review. We haven't done much testing with Krypton outside of what I've done myself, and none of that has been on Android devices. We have seen a bug unrelated to Krypton that does move the focus to the beginning of the Sequence, and what you're seeing there might be the same thing.

• 84(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5