• 85(current)
Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Hi
Just installed and went into configuration and set path for content c/kodi/cinemavision and click on ok but it has failed to create any directories etc within the folder.
Any help as usual would be greatly appreciated.
Ok ragnorak, here is another attempt at the log. I went to the address and it its all there (after proving I wasn't a robot) I also downloaded the text if you can't see the info through the pastebin address. I can paste that here if you need it. It's kind of long so I didn't want to take up space on this thread.

http://pastebin.com/QPkP54Ss

Bill

Sent from my SM-G930V
(2016-12-29, 07:50)Ragnarok Wrote: We currently have three scrapers available, one of which is currently broken because Apple changed something with the Apple Trailers website. Apple Trailers was the go-to scraper for recent or upcoming movies. The KodiDB scraper pulls trailers for movies in your Kodi Library, and the StereoscopyNews.com scraper takes care of 3D trailers. We expect to have Apple fixed soon, as well as several other scrapers in the works. As it sits now, the one that's broken is the one you need. It only works some of the time. Smile

Got it, thanks. OK, next trailer-related question--I manually downloaded four trailer video files into a folder, and I set up three trailer modules in my sequence. When I tested the sequence, one of the trailers played twice (the second time was after a different trailer played). Is there a way to get that to work so that my CinemaVision sequence knows not to repeat a trailer that is being played from a folder of trailer videos?

Also, regarding the sequence issue I described in Krypton--it sounds like it's the one you described, about focus moving to the beginning of the sequence. If anything else goes screwy I'll pull a log.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
I just started using CV and discovered that TV Shows are treated just like movies. When we watch a show we never know how many episodes we're going to watch. It could be one or multiple, so we don't queue them. Having to sit through an entire movie sequence every time we select another episode to play is painful. Personally, I would prefer an option to not use CV for TV Shows, So show the CV button as default for movies, but not TV Shows.

I see a few others have mentioned that they'd like TV Shows to have sequences that work differently than movies such as audio bumpers as mentioned in post 264, but no response from CV.

Is any thought or work being put into this concept?
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
When I pressed the Back button from within a move or TV show after we finish watching, it steps back through the playlist screens as if it was launched from the Video menu rather then how it would behave if CV wasn't being used by simply returning to the main movie/tv show list. How do I change this behavior?
The addon worked a couple of times but now it's throwing out the following error

0:14:03 T:139788259690240 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
Error Contents: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.cinemavision/addon.py", line 18, in <module>
player.begin(args=args)
File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.cinemavision/lib/player.py", line 71, in begin
e.start(seqPath)
File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.cinemavision/lib/experience.py", line 900, in start
return self._start(sequence_path)
File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.cinemavision/lib/experience.py", line 919, in _start
self.processor.process()
File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.cinemavision/lib/cinemavision/sequenceprocessor.py", line 1258, in process
while pos < len(self.sequence):
TypeError: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()
-->End of Python script error report<--
(2017-01-08, 21:45)CaptainKen Wrote: When I pressed the Back button from within a move or TV show after we finish watching, it steps back through the playlist screens as if it was launched from the Video menu rather then how it would behave if CV wasn't being used by simply returning to the main movie/tv show list. How do I change this behavior?

I figured out the cause. We are using the Harmony Elite remote. By default the back button is configured to act as the backspace button rather then Esc, so I'll have to configure to use a different button for Esc.
(2016-12-30, 18:42)steq184 Wrote: Hi
Just installed and went into configuration and set path for content c/kodi/cinemavision and click on ok but it has failed to create any directories etc within the folder.
Any help as usual would be greatly appreciated.

I'm pretty sure I helped you on the CV site, but if that's not the case please let me know and I'll address this here. Smile

(2016-12-30, 22:35)billroden Wrote: Ok ragnorak, here is another attempt at the log. I went to the address and it its all there (after proving I wasn't a robot) I also downloaded the text if you can't see the info through the pastebin address. I can paste that here if you need it. It's kind of long so I didn't want to take up space on this thread.

http://pastebin.com/QPkP54Ss

Bill

Sent from my SM-G930V (typie typie)

This should be fixed in 1.0.12, Bill.

(2016-12-31, 04:22)canadave Wrote: Got it, thanks. OK, next trailer-related question--I manually downloaded four trailer video files into a folder, and I set up three trailer modules in my sequence. When I tested the sequence, one of the trailers played twice (the second time was after a different trailer played). Is there a way to get that to work so that my CinemaVision sequence knows not to repeat a trailer that is being played from a folder of trailer videos?

Also, regarding the sequence issue I described in Krypton--it sounds like it's the one you described, about focus moving to the beginning of the sequence. If anything else goes screwy I'll pull a log.

It should be automatically marking those as watched and if you have the Prefer unwatched over priority setting enabled in CinemaVision settings, it should play unwatched trailers instead of doubling up. That does of course depend on the number of trailers it has to play. If you have two trailers, for example, and you tell CV to play 3, it will play one trailer twice. If you see that happening with regularity, please post a debug log including a content update and the issue. That'll help us track down what's happening.

(2017-01-06, 17:22)CaptainKen Wrote: I just started using CV and discovered that TV Shows are treated just like movies. When we watch a show we never know how many episodes we're going to watch. It could be one or multiple, so we don't queue them. Having to sit through an entire movie sequence every time we select another episode to play is painful. Personally, I would prefer an option to not use CV for TV Shows, So show the CV button as default for movies, but not TV Shows.

I see a few others have mentioned that they'd like TV Shows to have sequences that work differently than movies such as audio bumpers as mentioned in post 264, but no response from CV.

Is any thought or work being put into this concept?

We have plans to add full support for TV shows/episodes/seasons in the next major release. Right now, even though it works with the content, it's not perfect by any means. With the first round of development, we wanted to focus on recreating the experience of a movie theater and didn't add much in for TV support. With the new TV features, and the new Sequence features we'll be introducing you'll be able to create specific Sequences for different shows, genres of shows, with or without commercials, the whole 9 yards. If you have feature suggestions please dont be shy. Smile

(2017-01-08, 21:45)CaptainKen Wrote: When I pressed the Back button from within a move or TV show after we finish watching, it steps back through the playlist screens as if it was launched from the Video menu rather then how it would behave if CV wasn't being used by simply returning to the main movie/tv show list. How do I change this behavior?
(2017-01-12, 17:33)CaptainKen Wrote: I figured out the cause. We are using the Harmony Elite remote. By default the back button is configured to act as the backspace button rather then Esc, so I'll have to configure to use a different button for Esc.

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. That's a pretty common problem with remotes and Kodi. Glad you figured it out!

(2017-01-12, 10:24)Slipx Wrote: The addon worked a couple of times but now it's throwing out the following error

0:14:03 T:139788259690240 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
Error Contents: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()
File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.cinemavision/addon.py", line 18, in <module>
player.begin(args=args)
File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.cinemavision/lib/player.py", line 71, in begin
e.start(seqPath)
File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.cinemavision/lib/experience.py", line 900, in start
File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.cinemavision/lib/experience.py", line 919, in _start
self.processor.process()
File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.cinemavision/lib/cinemavision/sequenceprocessor.py", line 1258, in process
while pos < len(self.sequence):
TypeError: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()

This should be fixed in 1.0.12.

That said... we've pushed 1.0.12 to the Kodi repository, so you all should see it update soon. The iTunes scraper is fixed, as well as several other bugs. If you have issues, please let us know!
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
What is the status on the next round of development? We keep hearing about things here and there but haven't got a decent run-down of what's being worked on or a hopeful timeline for release.
(2017-01-20, 00:36)Charger Hellcat Wrote: What is the status on the next round of development? We keep hearing about things here and there but haven't got a decent run-down of what's being worked on or a hopeful timeline for release.

I probably should have mentioned that here, I posted it on the website. Smile We're on track to begin new development on February 1st. As far as a rundown of features and the like, that's a bit hard to do. We have 142 line items to do a discovery on and prioritize. I will post periodic updates and the development version will be available on the CinemaVision website. The first development cycle took about 6 months, and I'd bet with what we'll be adding in this cycle it will be between 6 and 8 months for all of the planned features if we don't hit any roadblocks.

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Looking forward to it!
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
(2016-10-24, 09:01)Ragnarok Wrote:
(2016-10-23, 00:58)manfeed Wrote: Hi, I have just tried CinemaVision Add-on Development Release 1.0.12a1 from cinemavision web, and the bug is still present. I tried to play "Alicia a través del espejo" and I got the same error...

The log says:

Code:
00:42:41 T:5492   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 13: ordinal not in range(128)
                                              File "C:\Users\PcCom\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\addon.py", line 18, in <module>
                                                player.begin(args=args)
                                              File "C:\Users\PcCom\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\lib\player.py", line 71, in begin
                                                e.start(seqPath)
                                              File "C:\Users\PcCom\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\lib\experience.py", line 900, in start
                                              File "C:\Users\PcCom\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\lib\experience.py", line 919, in _start
                                                self.processor.process()
                                              File "C:\Users\PcCom\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\lib\cinemavision\sequenceprocessor.py", line 1269, in process
                                                self.playables += handler(self, sItem)
                                              File "C:\Users\PcCom\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\lib\cinemavision\database.py", line 41, in inner
                                                return func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Users\PcCom\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\lib\cinemavision\sequenceprocessor.py", line 1097, in __call__
                                                audioFormat = self._checkFileNameForFormat(caller.nextQueuedFeature)
                                              File "C:\Users\PcCom\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\lib\cinemavision\sequenceprocessor.py", line 1081, in _checkFileNameForFormat
                                                util.DEBUG_LOG('    - Detect: Looked at the file path {0} and decided to keep audio format {1}'.format(featureFileName, repr(feature.audioFormat)))
                                            UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 13: ordinal not in range(128)

Thanks in advance!

This is actually one of the reasons we haven't released 1.0.12 to the repository. We still have a few things to finish programming in, and this is one of them. Smile This should start happening this week, as our developer is wrapping up his other project.

Hi, writing just to confirm that this old bug has been fixed with the new version.

Thanks a lot!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
(2017-01-20, 21:14)manfeed Wrote: Hi, writing just to confirm that this old bug has been fixed with the new version.

Thanks a lot!

Thanks for confirming! Sorry it took so long. We had to wait for our developers obligation to Plex to be fulfilled before he could start developing for us again. Other peoples contracts are an exercise in patience.

Hi Scott, just a heads up. For those of us who manually installed the 12a1 test build, kodi is not automatically updating it to 12 because it thinks it's a smaller number. I had to manually update it.
Hi,

I tried the newer version and the trailer part works, but it appears to be cutting off each trailer before it finishes. Only 2 out of 6 trailers played in their entirety. Also, I have trailers stored in CV content folder, but those never get played. Anyone else notice similar?

Thx
  • 85(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5