• 2(current)
Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
(2015-07-12, 22:02)Mman Wrote: Is it possible to implement a classic trailer option? I was thinking this would be possible in one of two ways. 1. Have the option to show classic trailers if there is not enough new trailers given the set criteria (new/genre/mpaa/etc.) to show the required number of trailers. Or 2., have classic trailers be a different option that you section into your scheme. So 2 classic trailers followed by 3 new trailers, or whatever your preferred amount are.

That is what I was going for with my question. Have a "coming soon" selection of 2-3 trailers and then a "also showing" which is taken directly from my library. Sounds as though it will all be customizable options which is fantastic.
great Smile cant wait to test it

Well done guys !!!!
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
(2015-07-12, 09:24)Dave the Minion Wrote: I hope the home automation can be integrated very easily. Like "play this video selection and activate this Z-Wave scene" or something.

How long till you have the site back up for people to access the content that was/is currently available?
If we can get it to work right, it will be very easy to integrate. You might have noticed Action and Command listed as a modules in the preview video. An Action is anything external to Kodi, like a home automation command that broadcasts the command for "Dim lights to XX" right before the trailers start. A Command is anything internal to the CinemaVision add-on, like a conditional statement that tells the add-on "If these conditions are met, skip forward X or back X modules and start again". We're not entirely sure how home automation will work just yet, but we know we want it to be easy for folks to set it up. Honestly, the home automation piece might be one of the last things we do to the add-on, since core functionality is our priority. Once we're ready, we'll reach out to have some people help us test the home automation piece.

We're shooting for August 1st, 2015 to bring the site back online with the old content, and some new content that we think you all will love.

(2015-07-12, 20:25)Dave the Minion Wrote:
(2015-07-12, 19:59)wpbpete Wrote: Thanks for taking over this project Big Grin
Will it work out of the box with the skins that already support CE?

From what I understand about how CE works in a skin, no. There's a command line that launches CE. Unless CV uses the same command to begin skinners will have to update their skins accordingly. Though again that could be a somewhat simple task as well depending on the skinner's desire to support CV.
You're right about that. Depending on how the finished add-on behaves, we will likely have to get skinners on board to support what we're creating. There's also the possibility of using context menu add-ons in Kodi 15, but we'll have to see what we can do. We're trying to get a working build to demo to skinners, and get their support.

(2015-07-12, 22:02)Mman Wrote: Is it possible to implement a classic trailer option? I was thinking this would be possible in one of two ways. 1. Have the option to show classic trailers if there is not enough new trailers given the set criteria (new/genre/mpaa/etc.) to show the required number of trailers. Or 2., have classic trailers be a different option that you section into your scheme. So 2 classic trailers followed by 3 new trailers, or whatever your preferred amount are.
Really, that depends on what the Apple iTunes Trailers libraries allow us to do. It's possible that there's an option for that, but we won't know what's possible until our developer starts working on the Trailers module. We can tell you right now that we'll at least have the same options that Cinema Experience has for trailers. It's also possible that we'll add support for other trailer sites in the future.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Looks great!
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Whoa, very exciting! I love Cinema Experience and it's always a bummer when for whatever reason it doesn't work (which has been happening more often lately). Can't wait for this!
This looks awesome I can't wait to try it out Smile
Can't wait for this to be released!! I had to resort to having a separate install of XBMC Frodo because Cinema Experience never seemed to work properly for me in Kodi. It will be nice to have everything under one platform again.
Perfect! Roll on August the 1st !

BB
(2015-07-16, 23:02)BillyBunter Wrote: Perfect! Roll on August the 1st !

BB

To be clear, the add-on will likely not be released on August 1st. There's always the possibility that it will be ready by then, but don't expect that to be the case. We want it to be right the first time. August 1st is the day we're opening the doors to the website come hell or high water. As far as add-on development goes, I can tell you that just last night we got an updated version from our developer.

It's functional.

He's absolutely murdering our expectations, and we can't wait to release a stable version for the community. He's also been contributing new feature ideas as he designs the add-on, and his ideas are really good. I'm not sure how many of them he'll be able to implement, but I can't wait to see them in action. Once we work out a few things, we'll post up a more recent video of v0.0.12 for you all to see. Feel free to post up questions and brainstorm features!

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
CV, getting pretty excited for a much-needed update to CE. Looking forward to the next video...

Carl.
CoreELEC 9.03
Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO
Minix Neo U9-H, Logitech Harmony Elite
Was unable to find anything on site (as the site is down at the moment) and perhaps this is what is intended by mentions of the "Video Bumper" module (?) but will it be possible to schedule a cartoon via this update?
(2015-07-17, 22:54)Carl314 Wrote: CV, getting pretty excited for a much-needed update to CE. Looking forward to the next video...

Carl.

We just got another update about 20 minutes ago that I'm going to play with tonight. Look for the video to be added to the first post soon!

(2015-07-17, 23:00)bornagainpengui Wrote: Was unable to find anything on site (as the site is down at the moment) and perhaps this is what is intended by mentions of the "Video Bumper" module (?) but will it be possible to schedule a cartoon via this update?

The site is closed to the public right now while we flesh out a few more details and finish uploading files for you all to use. The Video Bumper module can be used for any video content that Kodi can play. If your cartoon is a video file anywhere on your local hard drive, all you have to do is point to it or drop it in a particular directory. You won't see that functionality in the videos just yet, as our developer is focused less on the settings for each module (that would allow you to select specific videos for example) and more on getting the player to work and the experience to be seamless. Right now, its only playing videos from the directory structure at random. There's no way to point to specific content, yet.

A video of the latest build in action has been added in the first post! Enjoy everybody. Feel free to post questions, feedback and ideas.

hi,

will it be pssoble to start cinema vision via the cinema experience button in Kodi and threw my ipad app (xbmc constellation)?

Or do the app developer update the iphone app and Kodi will get a seperate button?
Cool video to see things in action. Also brings up a bunch of queries.

1. Local Trailers. CE worked off the -trailer.xxx which Kodi uses to identify local trailers stored in the same directory as the movie the trailer is for (if you do all that work yourself) but also requires -trailer.xxx on any trailer in 1 specific local folder of just trailers to actually get them to play? Will it pull "library" trailers based on the naming convention? Will it play trailers with/without any naming convention from a general local folder?

2. Other bumpers and videos. CE worked with a basic folder set-up. Movies/Audio for example. Will CV use this same folder set-up to find local folders by default for default actions like Trivia Intro or Countdown? With this, could you simply tell CV where the CV main folder is an everything else works "out of the box?

My suggestion for a CinemaVision folder with specific subs, as below;

Code:
CinemaVision ---- Audio ---- Dolby Digital
                                       ---- Dolby TrueHD
                                       ---- dts
                                       ---- dtsHD-MA
                                       ---- THX
                                       ---- Other Audio Formats (AC3, AAC etc.)
                        ---- Theater Intro
                        ---- Theater Outro
                        ---- Coming Attractions Intro
                        ---- Coming Attractions Outro
                        ---- Countdown
                        ---- Movie Trailers
                        ---- Trivia Intro
                        ---- Trivia Slides
                        ---- Trivia Outro
                        ---- Feature Presentation Intro
                        ---- Feature Presentation Outro
                        ---- Intermission
                        ---- 3D ---- Audio ---- Dolby Digital
                                                   ---- Dolby TrueHD
                                                   ---- dts
                                                   ---- dtsHD-MA
                                                   ---- THX
                                                   ---- Other Audio Formats (AC3, AAC etc.)
                                    ---- 3D Intro
                                    ---- 3D Feature Presentation Intro
                                    ---- 3D Feature Presentation Outro
                                    ---- 3D Intermission
                        ---- Custom Video Bumper 1
                        ---- Custom Video Bumper 2
                        ---- Custom Video Bumper 3
                        ---- Custom Video Bumper 4
                        ---- Custom Video Bumper 5

This is all based on my knowledge of CE and how I'd like to improve it. I'm sure I've probably missed something.

3. CE worked best as a full playlist that got to run it's course beginning to end. In the video it looks like you end it abruptly. Does this cause issues with Kodi or CV not playing the next time because the previous run was not yet "finished"?

4. Again with CE, you could skip a video by pressing PageUp or skip backwards with PageDown. In the video it looks like you FFW through the movie trailer. Do the playlist skip functions still work?

5. 3D trailer/bumper support? If so, based on what trigger(s)?

6. Audio format bumpers will be triggered by the library info, correct? If so, can it also determine the number of channels and play a 5.1 or 7.1 or other bumper based on those parameters?

If you need Beta testers I'd be happy to try things out. Play with it and try to "break" it and report back all feedback good or bad.

Apologies for the long post. Doesn't seem to be spoiler tags here.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5