• 4(current)
Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Also just thought of this for trailers.... Exclude already watched trailers. CE does this. Would be best for the local library trailers option the most. With an easy reset button in the add-on as well.
(2015-07-19, 02:15)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: Cheers mate, will try my luck!

Good luck, and let me know if it works so I can add it to the FAQ for other folks with the same issue. Smile

(2015-07-19, 05:19)Dave the Minion Wrote: Also just thought of this for trailers.... Exclude already watched trailers. CE does this. Would be best for the local library trailers option the most. With an easy reset button in the add-on as well.

That's on our current list of features, but it hasn't been implemented yet. Smile
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
(2015-07-19, 00:29)CinemaVision Wrote:
(2015-07-18, 19:44)ntzeke Wrote: Any plans for Philips Hue integration?

It wasn't planned, but it might be simple enough to integrate. I've added it to the development roadmap. We're nowhere near ready to start working on Home Automation, so don't expect an update on that for a little while. Smile

GREAT! There are other add ons that perform dimming the philips hue lights during previews and then turn them on for the main feature, but they are ALWAYS on. I would rather only use them when I am needing CinemaVision
Any ability to add compatibility to TV Show episodes? I don't need a big long intro sequence when watching the latest episode of The Big Bang Theory but having audio bumpers and such before watching a Game of Thrones episode would be cool. Just a dream.
(2015-07-20, 22:14)ntzeke Wrote: GREAT! There are other add ons that perform dimming the philips hue lights during previews and then turn them on for the main feature, but they are ALWAYS on. I would rather only use them when I am needing CinemaVision

What other add-ons specifically? It might be helpful to know that, so our developer can (maybe) use existing code that works to implement Hue controls.

(2015-07-20, 22:49)Dave the Minion Wrote: Any ability to add compatibility to TV Show episodes? I don't need a big long intro sequence when watching the latest episode of The Big Bang Theory but having audio bumpers and such before watching a Game of Thrones episode would be cool. Just a dream.

You're officially banned from the thread, because now we're all excited about this just as much as the movie portion. Big Grin You have us brainstorming the idea, when we should be working on adding features!

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
(2015-07-20, 23:28)CinemaVision Wrote: You're officially banned from the thread, because now we're all excited about this just as much as the movie portion. Big Grin You have us brainstorming the idea, when we should be working on adding features!

I'm sorry?

Seriously though I'm just having ideas pop up and rather than remain silent I'm putting them out there for others to see. I don't expect everything all at once. But it's my nature to be a problem solver and systems analyzer. I see how things work, how they could work better and attempt to reach a point where everyone can enjoy them. Of course they build a bigger idiot everyday but that doesn't mean you just stop trying to be innovative.

In regard for the home automation question before, having it built into CV but separate from regular Kodi operation is optimal. You run CV and want lights dimming at certain moments but not every time you play any random video. That's one thing I encountered when trying to add home automation to XBMC a year ago. You play a 30 second video clip and end up with lights doing all sorts of things you don't really want. I have more thoughts on this but for now I'll let you guys sort some of it out and see what you come up with.
(2015-07-20, 23:58)Dave the Minion Wrote: I'm sorry?

Seriously though I'm just having ideas pop up and rather than remain silent I'm putting them out there for others to see. I don't expect everything all at once. But it's my nature to be a problem solver and systems analyzer. I see how things work, how they could work better and attempt to reach a point where everyone can enjoy them. Of course they build a bigger idiot everyday but that doesn't mean you just stop trying to be innovative.

In regard for the home automation question before, having it built into CV but separate from regular Kodi operation is optimal. You run CV and want lights dimming at certain moments but not every time you play any random video. That's one thing I encountered when trying to add home automation to XBMC a year ago. You play a 30 second video clip and end up with lights doing all sorts of things you don't really want. I have more thoughts on this but for now I'll let you guys sort some of it out and see what you come up with.

You should be. In all seriousness, please continue to do this, all of you! We want to build this so that everyone can, and will use it. The more cool features we can build in, the better!

As for the home automation piece, here's how we think it should work:
  • You set an option in the add-on configuration to use Home Automation
  • You can insert Actions Modules anywhere in your sequence, as many of them as you want
  • In the Actions Module set your home automation solution
  • All of the commands for that solution will then be available to you in that Actions module, so you just tell it what you want it to do there by adding events inside of it

Example: You can put an Action between each video to do different things if you want, or just have one action dim right before the trailers start, and another dim more right before the feature starts. It can be as simple or as complex as you want it to be, and you'll be able to see it all in order in your sequence and manipulate or move them at will.

Actions won't be in the default sequence configuration, but when we flesh out the home automation stuff, we'll have someone help us create a demo video that we'll put up as a tutorial.

Not sure if it's possible or not, but if it is... I would appreciate a feature that would select a random playlist, from a folder of playlists, and play that playlist in order.

Let me explain a bit further. I have a bunch of playlists of Looney Tunes cartoon shorts. Each playlist represents an episode of "The Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show" or one of the other anthology shows that have been shown over the years, complete with the show opening and closing.

It would be nice to have a feature that would pick one of those random playlists. And then, again if possible, flag it so as not to be played until all the other playlists have been played (or the flag has been reset)

Like I said, I have no idea if it is possible. But hey, a guy can dream, yes?

And I do realize this may not fall in the realm of the idea of this script, but thought I'd throw the idea out there.
Doesn't CE play playlists? I've never tried it be seem to recall it as an option.

As more gets discussed and revealed I'm thinking CV will work more-or-less as I'd design it myself to so for my applications. Now it's just the patiently wait with tempered expectations game......
I believe CE will play playlists, but you need to select the one you want played. Ideally I'd like the selection to be randomized. That is, just point it at the folder that contains all the playlists, and it will choose one at random.

But then again, I'm weird. And again, I'm not sure if this is within the scope of this add-on. Just throwing ideas out there.
Probably what is needed is simply the ability to call another script or addon at any step of the experience. As you say there are already addons to control Philips hue.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-07-19, 14:10)CinemaVision Wrote: Good luck, and let me know if it works so I can add it to the FAQ for other folks with the same issue. Smile

Just wanting to follow up on this.

Turns out Aeon MQ5 Helix mod forces CE to remain active once installed. A friendly skin developer pointed me towards the following solution:

(2015-07-21, 01:34)scott967 Wrote: You can go into your userdata addons and find skin.aeonmq5.helixmod folder, in there is file addon.xml. Open this in a text editor and comment out the line so it looks like this:

Code:
<!-- <import addon="script.cinema.experience" version="3.0.6"/> -->

that will let you disable script.cinema.experience.

scott s.

This worked perfectly and let me uninstall CE. Now I will wait for CV to be released.
Cant wait to test CV....... excellent work guys ! Smile
(2015-07-21, 00:16)GoofyJeff Wrote: Not sure if it's possible or not, but if it is... I would appreciate a feature that would select a random playlist, from a folder of playlists, and play that playlist in order.

Let me explain a bit further. I have a bunch of playlists of Looney Tunes cartoon shorts. Each playlist represents an episode of "The Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show" or one of the other anthology shows that have been shown over the years, complete with the show opening and closing.

It would be nice to have a feature that would pick one of those random playlists. And then, again if possible, flag it so as not to be played until all the other playlists have been played (or the flag has been reset)

Like I said, I have no idea if it is possible. But hey, a guy can dream, yes?

And I do realize this may not fall in the realm of the idea of this script, but thought I'd throw the idea out there.

We hadn't thought about using playlists in that way, to be honest. It might be something we can work with, but unless it's a simple add it likely won't be in the first release of the add-on. We've got a pretty massive feature spreadsheet as it is.

(2015-07-21, 01:01)Dave the Minion Wrote: Doesn't CE play playlists? I've never tried it be seem to recall it as an option.

As more gets discussed and revealed I'm thinking CV will work more-or-less as I'd design it myself to so for my applications. Now it's just the patiently wait with tempered expectations game......

CE does allow playlists and files, and CV will too, in the same way that CE allowed them to be used. Very happy that you feel that way! We're trying to design it to be as seamless, feature rich and user friendly as possible.

(2015-07-21, 10:54)nickr Wrote: Probably what is needed is simply the ability to call another script or addon at any step of the experience. As you say there are already addons to control Philips hue.

(2015-07-21, 15:24)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: Just wanting to follow up on this.

Turns out Aeon MQ5 Helix mod forces CE to remain active once installed. A friendly skin developer pointed me towards the following solution:

(2015-07-21, 01:34)scott967 Wrote: You can go into your userdata addons and find skin.aeonmq5.helixmod folder, in there is file addon.xml. Open this in a text editor and comment out the line so it looks like this:

Code:
<!-- <import addon="script.cinema.experience" version="3.0.6"/> -->

that will let you disable script.cinema.experience.

scott s.

This worked perfectly and let me uninstall CE. Now I will wait for CV to be released.

Thanks so much for posting this! It will be added to the first post shortly.

(2015-07-21, 15:28)shaktoo Wrote: Cant wait to test CV....... excellent work guys ! Smile

Incidentally, we can't wait for you to test CV. Thanks for the kudos!

(2015-07-21, 16:55)CinemaVision Wrote: We hadn't thought about using playlists in that way, to be honest. It might be something we can work with, but unless it's a simple add it likely won't be in the first release of the add-on. We've got a pretty massive feature spreadsheet as it is.

No worries! As I said, I'm not sure A) if it's possible, and B) it might fall outside the scope of what y'all are doing.

Either way, this looks to be leaps and bounds better/easier to configure than CE and can't wait to try it on my system.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5