[Feature Request] Player: keyboard oriented interface
Well, I use mini-keyboard to control video playback. Maybe Player controls (OSD) is great for air-mouse remotes, but for me it is very annoying to open important settings via Player controls (OSD).
We don't do anything for the sake of air mice...

Kodi has tons of keyboard-specific commands and you can add a ton more. See keyboard controls (wiki) and keymaps (wiki).
(2015-07-13, 04:28)Ned Scott Wrote: We don't do anything for the sake of air mice...

Kodi has tons of keyboard-specific commands and you can add a ton more. See keyboard controls (wiki) and keymaps (wiki).

But it's impossible to open Video settings window or Audio & Subs settings window via hotkey now. You need to open Player controls (OSD) first.
Sure, you can't get the window itself, but your request seems to be about avoiding on-screen-menus. You can directly switch both audio and subtitle tracks using button presses, though.
(2015-07-13, 06:26)Ned Scott Wrote: Sure, you can't get the window itself, but your request seems to be about avoiding on-screen-menus.

...about avoiding player controls (OSD) when I use keyboard, and ability to open any settings window directly by using hotkeys.

(2015-07-13, 06:26)Ned Scott Wrote: You can directly switch both audio and subtitle tracks using button presses, though.

I don't like this idea, because when you have many (10-20) audio|subtitle tracks - it is much more efficient to open audio|subtitle list window for this. And here again there are no hotkeys for audio|subtitle lists.
Ah, I understand now. However, I'm not sure why that is any more or less "keyboard oriented" as much as it is just wanting a shortcut for a specific menu. A normal remote could benifit from such direct access as well :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Feature Request] Player: keyboard oriented interface0